for those of you that say we cant fire Coz now...

They key is: always fire people with a replacement in hand.

That's been my point all along, with the qualification that it needs to be someone worth putting in the position.

I really didn't want to say this, and was alluding to this the whole time---Steve Pederson fired a 9-3 coach ---without a replacement in mind (unless Huston Nutt was his guy). Why stop now?

What I am saying is we could find a person, a person that will make good money, to leave their position and assume Coz's. Good Money. Prestigious program. Potential to take over the whole thing.

Because let's be honest, like many fans (myself not excluded), if this season even RESEMBLES what I've seen in the past 3 games....Callahan is gone, too!

What I am saying is we could find a person, a person that will make good money, to leave their position and assume Coz's. Good Money. Prestigious program. Potential to take over the whole thing.

I do not want any coach here that would leave their current position in the middle of the season just for more money, etc. Stepping down/being fired and then being picked up mid-season is not the same at all.

I do not want any coach here that would leave their current position in the middle of the season just for more money, etc. Stepping down/being fired and then being picked up mid-season is not the same at all.

Cool, man. So, essentially what you're saying....accept the current Nebraska defense. Get used to giving up an average of 575+ yards/game??? (We've barely even delved into our Big 12 Conference schedule)

It's just good to know that we're all on the same page.

Cool, man. So, essentially what you're saying....accept the current Nebraska defense. Get used to giving up an average of 575+ yards/game??? (We've barely even delved into our Big 12 Conference schedule)

Not necessarily, no. This is why I asked if you're drunk. Are you? We've been over this at least three times now. Your memory seems to go back about 10 minutes and that's it. There's really no point in continuing this conversation if I must repeat myself multiple times.

I would agree with the timing. I don't know of too many instances where a DC or any other coach for that matter left a program mid-season to go to another program. Most mid-season changes involve promotion from within. We don't have anyone on staff that I would see as an effective DC. I think the recruiting argument is lame. Coaching is much more important than over inflated 5 star recruiting lists. Just ask Mack Brown about his 0-2 start in conference play with some of the top recruiting classes in the country.

Not necessarily, no. This is why I asked if you're drunk. Are you? We've been over this at least three times now. Your memory seems to go back about 10 minutes and that's it. There's really no point in continuing this conversation if I must repeat myself multiple times.

First off, you haven't asked me if I'm "drunk."

And, no...I'm not drunk.

What's funny is, you seem to accept the "mediocrity" -- I hate to use that term.

You keep referring to Wyatt as our only "out."

I'm asking you to think outside the box.

Also, you seem to be following this thread rather diligently, leading me to believe that you're drunk.

So, do we keep COZ, simply because we "can't" replace a DC in mid-season...or do we think outside the box?

I would agree with the timing. I don't know of too many instances where a DC or any other coach for that matter left a program mid-season to go to another program. Most mid-season changes involve promotion from within. We don't have anyone on staff that I would see as an effective DC. I think the recruiting argument is lame. Coaching is much more important than over inflated 5 star recruiting lists. Just ask Mack Brown about his 0-2 start in conference play with some of the top recruiting classes in the country.

Well (said this before too, but oh well), if we had someone I felt was definitely suitable for the job, I wouldn't mind seeing Cosgrove gone completely. I'd rather see him stay on to finish the recruiting season as some kind of assistant to the new guy, but either way would be fine. All that's based on having someone right for the position lined up, though, in the middle of the season...very unlikely.

The argument of, "Well this guy sucks, so let's just bring anyone and hope for the best," rarely works out. So once again, still waiting for someone to suggest a suitable mid-season replacement."

Man...I think you're missing the point. All those folks that you mocked by paraphrasing 'oh, let's bring in anyone other than Coz' have a valid point.

That point being, it's not THEIR job to ensure that when one is fired that there is an adequate or better replacement. That's not OUR job. It's not YOUR job.

That's what we pay/paid Steve Pederson and all the athletic directors before him to do. And we pay, might I add, Stevie a hefty salary.

If it were up to me, our team would already have been back to an option program with a Doritos logo on our helmets. That's why I'm not IN CHARGE.

I don't tolerate devil's-advocates.

Not now. Your devil's advocate viewpoint might have flown before last night, I don't think it holds any water after 41-6.

For one, it's not a devil's advocate viewpoint. Secondly, we pay people to bring in good coaches, yes, but it doesn't matter how much you pay someone to bring in good coaches when there is nobody to bring in mid-season. If we had someone I thought was suitable to bring in or promote, I'd be the first person screaming for Cosgrove to be gone tomorrow.

As I've already said, Wyatt is about the only person within the program I would consider possibly suitable. I've listed my concerns about why it still wouldn't be the best decision. I'm not going over them yet again when you can clearly read and should be able to see them for yourself.

Does that mentality also condone the type of performance we witnessed tonight, solely because we "can't find a replacement mid-season"?

Keep that up, and we're in for a long, redundant (Cosgrove-schemed) season.

No. I've also said if they promoted Wyatt now and kept Cosgrove around to finish up recruiting I'd be fine with it, though not convinced it was the best decision. Are you drunk?

See, right there, I asked if you were drunk.

First off, you haven't asked me if I'm "drunk."

And, no...I'm not drunk.

What's funny is, you seem to accept the "mediocrity" -- I hate to use that term.

You keep referring to Wyatt as our only "out."

I'm asking you to think outside the box.

Also, you seem to be following this thread rather diligently, leading me to believe that you're drunk.

So, do we keep COZ, simply because we "can't" replace a DC in mid-season...or do we think outside the box?

Oy, what would this be...the fourth time we've been over this? I'm done repeating myself. No matter how many times I say it, you'll just ask the same questions over and over. Odd.

If Coz stays on (does his "recruiting") and gets fired at the end of the season: Do you know what that tells the recruits??? The very same guy that recruited/signed you is gone. Which means that the recruit's reason for signing must've been suspect.

Salvaging our football program should be a priority. Our defense has been quoted, all season long, defending Cosgrove. I respect that they admire their coach...but jesus.

This leads me to believe that then, either our coach is a hack...or our players are hacks...and I refuse to believe the latter. Our D talent (esp. secondary) is better than it has been in at least 3 years.

I'm drunk. :wasted

I think Trev Alberts as Defensive Coach would be awesome! He bleeds Husker red, and Nebraska tradition, and like it was said, he'd bring back the true Blackshirts.

Nebraska looked lost/scared on both Offense and Defense during the game, I was at a Brewsky's at half time watching the game and it got QUIET during the 3rd quarter. Before the start of the 4th , everyone in the bar left. I wonder if the Memorial Stadium sell out record is in Jeopardy?

I have an idea, then...STFU??? S-T-F-U!

You're an enlightened Husker fan that transcends all that grace thee.

The most pathetic thing is this: I've asked, repeatedly, whether you accept COZ's defense.

You still haven't answered, (except the, "oh, well, unless you can find another feasible coach") B.S.

I don't know if you're attempting to belittle me, with your pathetic responses...hoping I'll just get confused with illogical balleyhoo???

All I can say is this...I'm a realist...I address the problem.

I don't disguise it, and dress it up to make me feel better.

The MAIN problem is obviously the Defense. You may acknowledge it, yet...you just sit there...like a pile of rags...offering no insight to the problem...just more irrelevant information.

You state the problem, then you say..."If you can't fix it...don't change it."

If you say Wyatt again, I will actually go outside and kick a dog. And I love dogs.

I'm DRUNK! :nutz