one fans view

Growing up in the sandhills of Nebraska, I grew up watching Nebraska and listening to Nebraska.. Nebraska fans are some of the best in the world, this is partly due to Nebraska having nothing else sports wise to get behind.

Nebraska fans dont fill the stadium to see a loss, though if Nebraska looses they dont jump the wagon for some other team, they will how ever look at the loss and try to figure out how they lost...

I wish I could say that our losses were simply that just a loss out played or the other team was just on fire and couldnt be stopped, this year is simply a bad coaching year, Teams we should have beat, beat us by out coaching Callahan.

The theory that Nebraska doesnt have the talent this year is insain, they have the talent and they have the heart to win games, they simply do not have a coach that can win.

Callahan's system doesnt work, Nebraska is leading the NCAA in INT's and after 9 games you would think that things would be running a little smoother so the theory Callahan was thrown into this and he hasnt had time to get his system working just isnt going to fly any more.

Cosgrove is another inigma, how and why was he hired, I havent seen a Nebraska D this bad in years, they might want to change from Black shirts to red shirts as they seem to spend alot of time on d in the red zone.

This was a D that last year was actually feared, this year they look like crap, and the only thing that has really changed has been the coaching.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Callahan is a great recruiter but a bad coach, but then again Osborne never really recruited the very best at a possition, he recruited athleates and then molded them into the position that he needed them to play at, so having a top recruiting class doesnt make a team it just means that you have alot of stars on a team that are going to want the ball...

Take this for what you will its just what I think nothing more.... :)

*sigh* We all know what you think. What's funny is that if Callahan works out, which you aren't even giving anyone a chance, you will be coming around here talking up the team like you never said any of this. See ya then.

The chances of him working out with the way he coaches are about the chances of you knowing what a football is. Not very likely.

DaveH is to Nebraska football, as I am to the Chicago Cubs...

There's always next year, and the year after, and the year after, and the year after....

This year I kinda have that mentality as it only makes sense. I have said before time and time again, if this doesn't work out I will gladly admit I was wrong. Why? Because I'm not stubborn and thick-headed. No matter who got the job, you gotta give em more than a year. I'll be glad to have most of the same coaching staff for two years in a row, as I am sure some of the players will. They have to be sick of changing the way they play the game every year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Going through Bohl, Pelini, now Cosgrove.

Do I like to see the Huskers lose when I SEE there was plenty of opportunity to win the game? No. Do I realize the situation the team is in now? Yes. It's funny what you see when you ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAME IN PERSON, rather than listening to Rose try to call the game. Iowa State was giving us the passing game we wanted. It just didn't get executed. Balls were thrown too late, not on target or the receiver just didn't make the play. I am sure Dailey makes those plays all day in practice, otherwise, why would they get called? Seriously. I am sure someone will say "Because Callahan is a stubborn idiot. You have to run all the time to win!!!11one111!!1!." That's BS.

I think a point everyone is trying to make is that Iowa St. gave our offense many options that Callahan didn't take advantage of. We threw the ball 31 times in the first half and had 7 points. Our running game could have accomplished a hell of a lot more. The most disturbing thing I read in the World Herald about 6 weeks ago. It said Callahan is very stubborn. All that means is that we are going to continue to pass the ball with a QB that is not equipped to pass the ball. I don't care who we recruit if the coaches can't recognize their strengths and weaknesses. This is like watching the Mike Grants of the world throw 40 passes.

On another note why didn't everyone crap their pants when Bill got the personal foul to start the game. Pelini got one in last years bowl game and everyone said "he's not head coaching material". I still think Callahan should be given a chance, but he better start coaching smarter.

On another note why didn't everyone crap their pants when Bill got the personal foul to start the game. Pelini got one in last years bowl game and everyone said "he's not head coaching material".  I still think Callahan should be given a chance, but he better start coaching smarter.

Because that was just an example of why I think he isn't head coach material. There was more than that (ie. getting irrate with a coach after a game that you blew).

What I find more funny is that the people that dismissed that incident in the bowl game, practically saying it was good for the team, have said nothing about Callahan showing some emotion against Iowa State. Got double standard?