I'm saying it for the first time

FIRE BILL CALLAHAN.

There's now way anyone can defend this coach. This program is in no better shape now than it was when Frank Solich was fired. Better recruits? Better athletes? I'm definitely not seeing it on the field, and besides, bad coaching negates any improvement we may have in skill and athleticism.

THIS IS NEBRASKA, DAMMIT!!!!!! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Callahan is not a good coach. He is not a good motivator. He is not an "offensive genius." He's leading this program into mediocrity, and that is not acceptable.

And I'd love to hear the defenders tell me why we should stick with BC.

Ditto! I have been one of the BC defenders but after tonight's game it is evident that he is not the answer for us. BC is in his 4th year and has done nothing but go backwards. I have given him the benifit of the doubt because he didn't have HIS players that he needed in HIS system. He has ZERO excuses now and has yet to win a game vs a top 20 team let alone come back at the half while trailing. It looks like we are STUCK with him for years to come since Pedey pulled a not so wise move in resigning the guy before the season was even over.

Ditto! I have been one of the BC defenders but after tonight's game it is evident that he is not the answer for us. BC is in his 4th year and has done nothing but go backwards. I have given him the benifit of the doubt because he didn't have HIS players that he needed in HIS system. He has ZERO excuses now and has yet to win a game vs a top 20 team let alone come back at the half while trailing. It looks like we are STUCK with him for years to come since Pedey pulled a not so wise move in resigning the guy before the season was even over.

im getting there....i think cos and pederson have to go now

Like I said, this is the first time I've actually said that we need to fire BC. I've been skeptical and critical of him in the past, but enough is enough.

I think, more than anything else, the fact that he punted the damn ball with four minutes left on a fourth and four was the most cowardly piece of "coaching" I have ever seen. That's the sign of a man who does not believe in his team.

Bill Callahan is a chicken-sh#t coach, and is ruining this program.

He needs to go. NOW. He and Cosgrove. Let Watson take over.

One of the biggest disappointments this year is how the coaches have mis-managed the players. There is no motivation, no accountability, no fire that we expect out of a Nebraska football team. I think that why our team looks as bad as it does. In terms of scheme, the play-calling is okay on both sides of the ball really, execution sucks because of a combination of bad fundamentals and, more importantly, no motivation.

I have noticed, across the board, it does not take our players long to pretty much give up. These kids do NOT have faith in our coaching staff, and that is the COACHES fault.

We need to clean house with our coaching staff. We probably won't be able to get rid of Callahan this year unless we do something like miss a bowl game again, but everyone else needs to go. Hopefully a revitalized coaching staff (and maybe limiting Callahan's role a bit) will give the team the energy and fire they need next year.

I really don't know. Everything has fallen apart this season and BIG changes need to be made. Those changes fall on Steve Pedersen, and that doesn't make me very optimistic

EDIT: okay well, nevermind.. I was smoking crack this offense is not in a good place. Sure when defenses play 10 yards off our receivers our passing game looks pretty good, but we have not been able to run the ball at all this year, and when we face a decent pass rush/blitz the pocket collapses and Keller makes bad decisions... put that together with horrible run-blocking and dropped passes.. and our offense is not going to hold up against better teams. I think the 30-whatever points we put up on USC and the 41 against ball state has us thinking the O is better than it really is. All but 10 points against USC came after they put their scrubs in.. and ball state well... it was BALL FREAKING STATE, who just lost to Central Michigan handily today.

I'm bailing on this coaching staff, this is just ridiculous.

I wish he would have resigned than being re-signed.

It's the first time for me, too. I don't want him taken out, though, until I have an idea who's going to replace him. I know everyone's down on the option, but I'd take losing while still looking like a Nebraska team than losing and looking like a freakshow experiment of dragging pro skills into amateur players.

He did win against Michigan in the Alamo nbow and if memory serves he beat Pitt his first season..I believe Pitt was ranked at the time...23rd or 25th..but ranked. I'm not saying they were satifying wins....just wins.

FIRE BILL CALLAHAN.

There's now way anyone can defend this coach. This program is in no better shape now than it was when Frank Solich was fired. Better recruits? Better athletes? I'm definitely not seeing it on the field, and besides, bad coaching negates any improvement we may have in skill and athleticism.

THIS IS NEBRASKA, DAMMIT!!!!!! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Callahan is not a good coach. He is not a good motivator. He is not an "offensive genius." He's leading this program into mediocrity, and that is not acceptable.

And I'd love to hear the defenders tell me why we should stick with BC.

I will not defend Callahan. However, we are much worse now than when Solich was here. And, we are way past mediocrity, we are more towards pathetic. :restore

He did win against Michigan in the Alamo nbow and if memory serves he beat Pitt his first season..I believe Pitt was ranked at the time...23rd or 25th..but ranked. I'm not saying they were satifying wins....just wins.

Not to nit pick here but I did say TOP 20! :)