I'm saying it for the first time

Ditto! I have been one of the BC defenders but after tonight's game it is evident that he is not the answer for us. BC is in his 4th year and has done nothing but go backwards. I have given him the benifit of the doubt because he didn't have HIS players that he needed in HIS system. He has ZERO excuses now and has yet to win a game vs a top 20 team let alone come back at the half while trailing. It looks like we are STUCK with him for years to come since Pedey pulled a not so wise move in resigning the guy before the season was even over.

He did win against Michigan in the Alamo nbow and if memory serves he beat Pitt his first season..I believe Pitt was ranked at the time...23rd or 25th..but ranked. I'm not saying they were satifying wins....just wins.

Not to nit pick here but I did say TOP 20! :)

well..one play from beating Texas (number 5 at the time) last year... one field goal from at least an overtime against Auburn (10th at the time)... one play from beating Tech (17th at the time) in his second year if LeKevin has fallen on the ball instead of running.

well, near misses... seems like this team takes 2 steps forward and then three steps back. Like I say, hardly satisfying.

Ditto! I have been one of the BC defenders but after tonight's game it is evident that he is not the answer for us. BC is in his 4th year and has done nothing but go backwards. I have given him the benifit of the doubt because he didn't have HIS players that he needed in HIS system. He has ZERO excuses now and has yet to win a game vs a top 20 team let alone come back at the half while trailing. It looks like we are STUCK with him for years to come since Pedey pulled a not so wise move in resigning the guy before the season was even over.

He did win against Michigan in the Alamo nbow and if memory serves he beat Pitt his first season..I believe Pitt was ranked at the time...23rd or 25th..but ranked. I'm not saying they were satifying wins....just wins.

Not to nit pick here but I did say TOP 20! :)

well..one play from beating Texas (number 5 at the time) last year... one field goal from at least an overtime against Auburn (10th at the time)... one play from beating Tech (17th at the time) in his second year if LeKevin has fallen on the ball instead of running.

well, near misses... seems like this team takes 2 steps forward and then three steps back. Like I say, hardly satisfying.

And blowout losses to TT, KU, MU twice, OSU, and I'm sure I'm missing some other "mediocre" teams.

Has there been a game where we have controlled the game from beginning to end with the west coast offense? I can't think of one. BC's history shows that we have needed four quarters to beat teams where we only should need two. Is it that we lack the personel? Is the O-line the problem?

I'm still trying to be objective, but every time we drop back to pass I just wait for something bad to happen. When we do gain big yards, it never looks expected, it always looks like a great one time play. In a "second and ten" position we are screwed. The snowball effect happens way to easily.

Turner Gill.

Coz needs to go. Now. His career as a d-coordinator has been consistently sub-par.

But firing BC? That would be a mistake. I don't care what anyone says, recruiting skill is the #1 asset for a college head coach. It is on the coordinators and asst. coaches to coach the kids up, and THAT is Callahan's real problem. His staff is just not good enough.

NU has to get some quality asst. coaches and coordinators on staff, or all that talent Cally keeps bringing in will just continue to be wasted.

What's shocking me about this team (apart from the defense not even showing up 90% of the time) is the play of the O-line. The O-line was supposed to be the strength of the team... what the heck is going on?

Even now, I can't help but look at the recruiting class and drool.... but, dammit, we need guys who can coach these kids up on a unit by unit basis!

First time I turned a Nebraska game off, took my jersey off, and went downstairs and did laundry. Sad. I consider myself a HUGE NU fan. But when this crap happens...Understand, I have two 55 gallon tubs full of Nebraska shirts. During the season, I wear a different one every day at work. This just sucks. I don't know what to say. Things may change tomorrow. But for right now, I don't even want to watch the OSU game next week. :cry:steam:grr

But firing BC? That would be a mistake. I don't care what anyone says, recruiting skill is the #1 asset for a college head coach. It is on the coordinators and asst. coaches to coach the kids up, and THAT is Callahan's real problem. His staff is just not good enough.

You do realize that the assistants are the ones doing most of the heavy recruiting, right?

BC is responsible for the coaching and teaching. The #1 ASSET FOR A COACH IS THE ABILITY TO PREPARE HIS TEAM TO WIN BALLGAMES!!

What good is recruiting prowess if you can't coach worth a damn?? It's BC's fault.

It's the first time for me, too. I don't want him taken out, though, until I have an idea who's going to replace him. I know everyone's down on the option, but I'd take losing while still looking like a Nebraska team than losing and looking like a freakshow experiment of dragging pro skills into amateur players.

Ditto.

Turner Gill.

Wont happen. Gill needs more experience in the head job and that is probably why he didn't even get a fair shot at the job after Solich. Granted, I would love to see it, but it won't happen.

Better recruits? Better athletes? I'm definitely not seeing it on the field, and besides, bad coaching negates any improvement we may have in skill and athleticism.

I agree with you bro. It's almost worse than Solich. Solich's classes were ranked in the 30s and 40s and his teams played about as good as these dudes. Remember BC's first real class ranked top 5 in everyone's rankings.? Well, they are the upper classmen or gone. That says a lot right there.

Firing BC a mistake, there is only one team we could realistically beat and that is a Callahan coached Oakland Raider team. He must go,,,,,,,,, or husker football will be dead forever and just a memory. We have no offense, no deffense. No offensive line, no fundamentals. These are coaches faults and since the good ship Callahan came we have sucked big time in all these areas. Fire him tonight, I'm sure there are plenty of 80 year old grandmothers in Lincoln who know what Husker football is all about.

So it's just a coincidence that a guy with a reputation as a top recruiter is bringing in top 10 recruiting classes every single year? It has nothing to do with his skill as a recruiter. Huh.

Missed assignments on D. Missed tackles. Blown coverage. Procedural penalties. Dropped passes.

Those things don't come from the head coach. The head coach does not work hands-on with every unit. He recruits, organizes, and formulates game plans. He delegates to his assistants and coordinators.

Poor technique and mental lapses on the field come from bad hands-on coaching within a unit, not from the head coach.

Cally's problem is bad assistants producing bad technicians, and it's damn hard to motivate a team when the players lack confidence in themselves and their teammates to perform.

I'm not ready to throw Cally under the bus yet but the leash is getting shorter. We are 4-2 and I think we will be 2-4 the rest of the way finishing at 6-6. With a better defense this is a 8 or 9 win team. To me the defense looks to be the main problem and we must fix that. I think Coz will and should take the fall. Elmassian needs to definitely go also. We are getting humiliated on national TV every month. When you can't stop the opponent your whole team is demoralized. Converesly, when your defense is pummeling the opponent and getting after it, the offense follows suit with good field position and motivation. Whoever comes in to take over the defense must be a big time hire and motivator and have a passion to restoring the Blackshirts. I have seen persons throwing around former players and maybe we should get a big time hire and have that hire embrace bringing in former players as assistants. I think Cally can continue to succeed with the offense but still needs to adapt better to the college game. I think he needs to at times simplify things and let the players succeed with their own talent and instincts.

It is a real shame (and probably somewhat of a surprise) to the staff and players that we are so lacking on defense. There has been a real focus during Callahan's tenure on the offense and how it first changed and now how it is evolving and progressing. I think the oversight was that once the offense was fixed and all the pieces were in place, then we'd be knocking on the BCS door again. No one ever really checked up on what the defense was doing and assumed they would progress and just show up for the ride as our offense would be the difference. Well, that was a big oversight...we can't expect to go on the road and win games or beat ranked opponents with offense alone...not when our defense is one of the worst in the country. My point is that I don't think Cally will ever fall down immensely on the offensive side of the ball...I trust him there for the most part. But, I think he let his buddy Coz have to much freedom with the defense and now Coz is in over his head, Cally is taking heat, and ultimately Coz will have to take the fall. The next D-Coordinator will be one that certainly has his s%&! together, no doubt.

So it's just a coincidence that a guy with a reputation as a top recruiter is bringing in top 10 recruiting classes every single year? It has nothing to do with his skill as a recruiter. Huh.

Missed assignments on D. Missed tackles. Blown coverage. Procedural penalties. Dropped passes.

Those things don't come from the head coach. The head coach does not work hands-on with every unit. He recruits, organizes, and formulates game plans. He delegates to his assistants and coordinators.

Poor technique and mental lapses on the field come from bad hands-on coaching within a unit, not from the head coach.

Cally's problem is bad assistants producing bad technicians, and it's damn hard to motivate a team when the players lack confidence in themselves and their teammates to perform.

bullsh#t.

The head coach is not just an administrator (unless he's Bowden or Paterno). He's a teacher, a leader, and he's the boss. Meaning he's responsible to make sure his coaches are teaching technique, teaching the playbook, teaching the game. He's the guy who gets his team into the right frame of mind, and imparts the attitude that the team feeds off of.

This isn't about Cosgrove or Elmo. This is about Bill Callahan. He has failed. Cut him loose.

Ill say it too! I have defended Callahan and Pederson for the entire ride. Now, I say look for replacements now. At the end of the last game this year they all pack there sh#t and hit the road. If we loose recruits.... what the hell, it really doesn't seem to matter. Cut out the cancer and at least bring back the feeling of being a husker. The way it is now, we can't even get the financial supoorters to donate money. Clean house and get it over with, we aren't going to do any worse. We've lost all of our records and the next is the sell outs. I wonder what it feels like to be the worst Husker Coach in anyones memory. There are few and FAR between that are even still alive that have seen such a complete embarrasment.