What did Cally say after the game?

Horrible Horrible Horrible game.

I think going 3, 3, 5 on defense was a horrible call plus playing zone defense. wtf You put 4 guys on the line and you put pressure on the QB. You don't give a Chase Daniel the time to make a play. The zone defense allows too many gaps in the defense. Should have been 4, 3, 4 and man to man coverage.

Offense needs a FB to help pick up the defensive blitzes and to make holes for the RB. Take away one of the TE spots. 3 TE shifts take too much time and coordination and frankly hasn't been a burden on opposing defenses.

We need a) new coaching staff or B) new offense and defense play calling. sh#t, I'd be happy with bringing back the Power I or Option Offense.

So a good coach yells at his players and staff but is nice to the media, and a bad coach is harsh in their comments to the media and nice to the players and staff? If he yells at people in the locker room they won't care what he says to the papers.

Not exactly, but something like that. There are things you say in private that you never say to the public. That is true in all aspects of life, not just sports. Welcome to life.

I know that and I have been a coach. BUT you don't have to be a passive pu**y to the media either. You can show some emotion also. I didn't say tear the guys apart in the media but some harsher words are to be expected. But then again, everyone on this board is expecting too much, right?

So a good coach yells at his players and staff but is nice to the media, and a bad coach is harsh in their comments to the media and nice to the players and staff? If he yells at people in the locker room they won't care what he says to the papers.

Not exactly, but something like that. There are things you say in private that you never say to the public. That is true in all aspects of life, not just sports. Welcome to life.

I know that and I have been a coach. BUT you don't have to be a passive pu**y to the media either. You can show some emotion also. I didn't say tear the guys apart in the media but some harsher words are to be expected. But then again, everyone on this board is expecting too much, right?

I don't think it helps morale to call out players or the team in public, in anything more than very, very, general terms -- for instance, "our defense has to be tougher against the run." And I think Callahan says things like that. Neither of us knows what is said behind closed doors....

I don't know what you or "everyone on this board" is expecting, so I can't tell you if I think you are expecting too much. If you were expecting a national championship or undefeated season this year then, yes, I think you were expecting too much. I have very high expectations and demands for Nebraska football as well. It is just that I think I am a little more realistic than most folks when it comes to recognizing what it is going to take to get back there. Also, I'm not going to judge a head coach on a handful of games this year. That's very reactionary, but typical of sports fans in general, and more so with Nebraska football fans.

The posts on the board are ridiculous this week, suggesting that Callahan doesn't care about winning, etc. Yeah, I'm sure he enjoys losing and having the public call for his head. Give me a break.

I don't think it helps morale to call out players or the team in public, in anything more than very, very, general terms -- for instance, "our defense has to be tougher against the run." And I think Callahan says things like that. Neither of us knows what is said behind closed doors....

I don't know what you or "everyone on this board" is expecting, so I can't tell you if I think you are expecting too much. If you were expecting a national championship or undefeated season this year then, yes, I think you were expecting too much. I have very high expectations and demands for Nebraska football as well. It is just that I think I am a little more realistic than most folks when it comes to recognizing what it is going to take to get back there. Also, I'm not going to judge a head coach on a handful of games this year. That's very reactionary, but typical of sports fans in general, and more so with Nebraska football fans.

The posts on the board are ridiculous this week, suggesting that Callahan doesn't care about winning, etc. Yeah, I'm sure he enjoys losing and having the public call for his head. Give me a break.

Well, here is my expectation of Cally, we will win 7-9 games a year which is unacceptable to me. That means we will lose 5 games a year. I think 10 wins is a standard b/c then you finish 10-4 which is barely top 25.

Also, I NEVER SAID tear his players apart. Can you read my post? I think his words need to be harsher. Read his comments over the past 4 weeks and see if there is any change in attitude. He thought the Ball St win was "a good win"...seriously??? And I am positive he is really on his team behind closed doors but I would like to see some PASSION regardless of the wording. You can never tell if this guy has won, lost or is even paying attention. Great leader for today's student athletes...NOT!

I think his words need to be harsher. Read his comments over the past 4 weeks and see if there is any change in attitude. He thought the Ball St win was "a good win"...seriously??? And I am positive he is really on his team behind closed doors but I would like to see some PASSION regardless of the wording. You can never tell if this guy has won, lost or is even paying attention. Great leader for today's student athletes...NOT!

Funny thing. People said the exact same things about Osborne, and now he is the gold standard by which Husker fans judge all coaches. I don't know how old you are, so maybe you don't remember this about Osborne.

Anyway, I liked that about Osborne, and I like it about Callahan. I dislike the losing too, but that is a completely different topic than blaming Callahan for "not showing passion," etc.

I thought he said this:

"I am a no talent overrated born loser who tries with all my efforts to steal money from people like Al Davis and Steve PUD all the time while ruining what they once had in place. I want to be remembered as a destroyer of all things good. I can't believe people still liked me after the Ball St. game. Hopefully they now realize I am a bad influence, fire me and pay me $10 MIL to do so....hahahahaha. I want to sit at home at collect checks and soon my dream will be reality. The jokes on the Husker Nation"

Now that was funny. I think I will finally change My Yahoo messager from Bigsolichater To Bigcallahanhater