Osborne for AD?

TheKiD

I agree that having Osborne working with the team in some capacity would be great. But as for bringing him back as AD, I don't think that would be good at all. I don't think he has the mentality that we need in a new AD. We need someone to come in and say "this has gone far enough" and be a hard ass, bruise some egos and get things turned around. I just think Osborne is too nice of a guy to be able to do that.

We definitely need him to work closely with the program as something like a consultant, talk to the players and coaches, etc.. But, I don't see him working out as AD with where we are now. We need someone to come in and kick some ass.

I agree that having Osborne working with the team in some capacity would be great. But as for bringing him back as AD, I don't think that would be good at all. I don't think he has the mentality that we need in a new AD. We need someone to come in and say "this has gone far enough" and be a hard ass, bruise some egos and get things turned around. I just think Osborne is too nice of a guy to be able to do that.

We definitely need him to work closely with the program as something like a consultant, talk to the players and coaches, etc.. But, I don't see him working out as AD with where we are now. We need someone to come in and kick some ass.

I wouldnt let his outer personality foul you....I think TO is pretty hard core, just not loud about it. one thing I have learned from growing up and living in a coaching family. your teams normally reflect who you are. that man hard some tough, tough teams.

I think his age would also be a factor. He is going on 71 years old and left coaching 10 years ago for health reasons. I could never see him coming back as AD even if Harvey, Stevie and Billy were to leave.

Additionally, I wouldn't want him to come back. Tom did what very few in the sporting arena have the foresight and discipline to do. Leave the game at the pinnacle of their career. When I think back on Tom's time at NU, the first thing that comes to mind is 60-3, and 3 MNC's. A record any coach would die for. Too many hang on well past their prime (JoePa, Bowden etc) and I think it really tarnishes their legacy. Now when I think of JoePa, I don't think of the many great teams he had or the great career he has amassed. I think of a very old man who has stayed on way past his prime and who's teams are but a shadow of the former great teams PSU has had. I think it is kind of sad.

Oz would be a great AD.

Age would be a factor as someone pointed out.

At this point Solich wasn't that bad of a hire when looking back on his record. Had some bad losses but he also had some good things done that everyone conviently chooses not to remember. At least the boys in scarlet weren't getting pushed around and were very physical. We look soft now. (see players getting pushed to the ground at end of plays last night and not doing anything about it.)

Oz would of had the new additions about paid for by now.

The whole football community would look up to him. Pedey has enemies out there (ask ESPN and the Houston AD what they think of him.)

The man has a doctorate for petes sake. He's smart enough alright.

Also has good admn skills as well. Lets don't forget he was a congressman. What more credentials would he need as a administrator?