THAT AIN'T FOOTBALL

OLDMAN

I've been a fan since 1971 and have never in all these seasons felt that there is no light at the end of the tunnel for Nebraska football.

While NO fan of Frank Solich's "Millard North " offense I at least felt his teams gave it all they could with pride.Granted we were going down the tubes in recruiting but this Callahan is like a used car salesman selling us a lemon.

Now this is the first time I have ever joined a BB to voice my opinion but this has to be said.

I can see us losing the rest of our games this year.

We won't be on TV as much now because we suck.

The university is puting out a BAD product.

And the only way to do something about it is to get people to NOT go to the games.

Break that attendance record and there will be changes my friends.

My personal feeling when Callahan started was he was overloading his team with too much information.

This isn't the Pros .......its college football!

Fire this coach or we will be like the Penn State of the big ten.

They were great when they first joined the big ten but now they are just a mediocre team back in the pack.

I've been a fan since 1971 and have never in all these seasons felt that there is no light at the end of the tunnel for Nebraska football.

While NO fan of Frank Solich's "Millard North " offense I at least felt his teams gave it all they could with pride.Granted we were going down the tubes in recruiting but this Callahan is like a used car salesman selling us a lemon.

Now this is the first time I have ever joined a BB to voice my opinion but this has to be said.

And the only way to do something about it is to get people to NOT go to the games.

My personal feeling when Callahan started was he was overloading his team with too much information.

They were great when they first joined the big ten but now they are just a mediocre team back in the pack.

NU has a rich history of football and I agree with your statement...hope it gets better for you guys and I am looking forward to a good "classy" rivalry with you in the North division....

Your opinion is as good as any right now. But I can remember plenty of times Lord and a couple other players, at Penn St. especially, smiling and goofing off on the sideline down but 30 in the 4th.

But I agree with some of your points

Your opinion is as good as any right now. But I can remember plenty of times Lord and a couple other players, at Penn St. especially, smiling and goofing off on the sideline down but 30 in the 4th.

But I agree with some of your points

anybody caught goofing around now on the sidelines should be kicked off the team and have their scolly pulled. this is serious sh#t here!

I wish that I were as young as you, but I remember games as far back as 1961 (the year before Devaney took over). I have been a big fan as long as I can remember, even after moving to Kansas and putting up with the ridiculous KSU fans. I always kind of scoffed at these kinds of boards, but the performances of my beloved alma mater has prompted me to join today.

Nebraska is soft. They used to be the biggest, toughest kid on the block who hit you right in the mouth and tested your manhood. Now they are like the nerd in class that may outsmart you once, but then outsmarts himself.

Marty Schottenheimer once correctly said that toughness in football can be measured by a team's ability to run the ball and their ability to stop the run. We can do neither. Even with a 30-40 pound advantage, the offensive line cannot push anyone back.

Part of this problem is strength and conditioning. Once Boyd Epley was forced out, the kids lost strength and explosiveness. The other part lies in the prissy dink and dunk west coast passing game. The players lose the aggressiveness necessary to be able to run the ball.

Like I said I've never participated on any of these boards before so something has got a hold of me to voice my disapproval too.

You speak volumes when the missing factor is TOUGHNESS.

Seems to be a a different kind of generation on this team.

Many have been coddled all of their life and haven't had anyone tell them no.

And with all these fancy facilities we have maybe we should take some of their luxuries away.

A bunch of video game nerds is what the team is made of.

If I can point to ONE flaw that is apparent on this team and I mentioned it to all of my friends before the season and that is in the defensive line.

Lots of smoke and mirrors before the season featuring SUH, but the sad fact is his surrounding cast suck.

Like I said I've never participated on any of these boards before so something has got a hold of me to voice my disapproval too.

You speak volumes when the missing factor is TOUGHNESS.

Seems to be a a different kind of generation on this team.

Many have been coddled all of their life and haven't had anyone tell them no.

And with all these fancy facilities we have maybe we should take some of their luxuries away.

A bunch of video game nerds is what the team is made of.

If I can point to ONE flaw that is apparent on this team and I mentioned it to all of my friends before the season and that is in the defensive line.

Lots of smoke and mirrors before the season featuring SUH, but the sad fact is his surrounding cast suck.

Some of it goes to the old regime's recruiting the person as well as the athlete. Most of it is coaching.