Here is my prob w/ everyone wanting a change...

I will first start this by saying I agree something needs to be done!!!!!

but......if Callahan AND Pederson are canned, we obviously have to hire a new coach and AD.

so....the U would not only be paying the new coach and new AD, but also paying off BC and SP.

with all that $$$ going out, the U may be forced to raise the prices on a lot of things including the in my opinion already high ticket prices.

and if that happens people may gripe about that ... so the complaints would continue.

but again ..... something needs to happen ... what...i just dont know anymore.

either way husker fans ... i dont think there is a simple answer.

but......if Callahan AND Pederson are canned, we obviously have to hire a new coach and AD.

so....the U would not only be paying the new coach and new AD, but also paying off BC and SP.

with all that $$$ going out, the U may be forced to raise the prices on a lot of things including the in my opinion already high ticket prices.

and if that happens people may gripe about that ... so the complaints would continue.

I think if it got things turned around, people would have no problem coughing out a few extra bucks. Winning cures everything

"Winning cures everything."

If that were true Solich would still be here after his 10 - 2 season.

Things that need to be cured are sick things, aren't they? What is sick at Nebraska, in my

opinion, is the REASON Callahan and his creepy crew were brought in: to win was

secondary (but hoped for, even by Pederson), primarily Pederson just plain cleaned house

of people he was jealous of from the old tried and true regime.. we even lost Turner Gill.

It was just a power trip instead of anything like the segue between the Devany and Osborne

coaching changes and even the Osborne and Solich coaching changes. Pederson, via Callahan,

had to have all of the Osborne fellas GONE.

The natural link between Nebraska football, "Husker Power," and the culture here, was

trashed by Steve Pederson for the simple reason that he had and has no clue as to what it

is.

Just my opinion from reading around and listening to the old timers here in Lincoln talk about

what they've seen transpire over the decades. Their conclusions about it all? Nebraska is

"finished" as a contending power in the Big 12, let alone in the nation. We are now nothing

more than another Iowa State or other also-ran trying to "rebuild a great program" by hiring

and firing coaches.

I think if it got things turned around, people would have no problem coughing out a few extra bucks. Winning cures everything

I'd definitely be willing to donate to the FIRE CALLAHAN, FIRE PEDERSON, and especially a FIRE COSGROVE CAMPAIGN!

"If that were true Solich would still be here after his 10 - 2 season."

I believe that Solich was 9-3, and Pelini was 1-0, but that is a little bit of nitpicking.

Anyway, Kevin said multiple times today on Usportsmanlike Conduct that he has heard from reliable sources, if a buyout is required, the money is available. I'm guessing from people such as Howard Hawks or Savid Sokol.

"If that were true Solich would still be here after his 10 - 2 season."

I believe that Solich was 9-3, and Pelini was 1-0, but that is a little bit of nitpicking.

Anyway, Kevin said multiple times today on Usportsmanlike Conduct that he has heard from reliable sources, if a buyout is required, the money is available. I'm guessing from people such as Howard Hawks or Savid Sokol.

Heck, I'll contribute to a buyout. Lemme count my money here.. well, I've got six dollars in cash!

I've got three bucks in my wallet. They can have it.

Also, I don't believe we'll see the end of Callahan after this season. I think we'll see the firings of Cosgrove, Elmassian, and probably a couple of other position coaches, and THEN Callahan will go later (a la Solich).

Of course, all of this is moot as long as Pederson is still here. Put enough pressure on the regents and we might see him gone after next season (or maybe at the end of the academic year).

EDIT: The point being that staggering the firings is the only way we'll be able to buy out all those contracts.

Also, I don't believe we'll see the end of Callahan after this season. I think we'll see the firings of Cosgrove, Elmassian, and probably a couple of other position coaches, and THEN Callahan will go later (a la Solich).

Of course, all of this is moot as long as Pederson is still here. Put enough pressure on the regents and we might see him gone after next season (or maybe at the end of the academic year).

EDIT: The point being that staggering the firings is the only way we'll be able to buy out all those contracts.

Just wondering what kind of asst coach would want to come to Nebraska now with this type of situation that worth anything? I would be leery of going to program that only gave the last staff in the same situation one year and out.

The only thing the money issue on the buyouts would be is an excuse for no-one to make any changes. And I can about bet you that at the end of the season, if Pederson gets any kind of pressure on him to make changes, he will fall back on this excuse.

But, that's just what it is.. an excuse. There are tons of boosters that wouldn't mind throwing a bit extra towards the program to see some changes. I think the only thing we can realistically hope for is Cosgrove getting canned this off-season AND/OR a couple assistants. And I am very doubtful that Cos will get canned. It's going to take their contracts running out or Perlman stepping up and canning Pederson. Quite frankly I don't want any major changes done with Pederson at the helm, he has proven that he can't make big changes well.

I guess I'm torn because I want immediate change, and at the same time I don't want it to be mishandled again and set us back anymore than we already are.

I think our best hope is for Callahan to leave on his own for the NFL. Maybe an NFL buddy will come through for him/us.

Rumor is, that if Andy Reid is let go from the Eagles, Jon Gruden would like to have that job. Reid runs a West Coast style to the offense, so Gruden may bring in his old buddy Callahan as OC to tweak that offense.

Just wondering what kind of asst coach would want to come to Nebraska now with this type of situation that worth anything? I would be leery of going to program that only gave the last staff in the same situation one year and out.

Well, Dorrell has been on the hotseat at UCLA and that didn't stop Norvell from jumping from the skillet to the frying pan. Personally, I wouldn't take a job at NU as an assistant under a head coach that more and more fans are beginning to hate. It would be like joining Franchione's staff at A&M or Carr's staff at Michigan. Why jump from a sailboat to a sinking ship?