A new guy to the Board and my thoughts

I have always been a lurker, I have only read and never spoke out. I have bit my tongue and kept my mouth shut. I have always supported the Huskers in every way, I have the flag, my 2 year old has a different Husker outfit for every game, I go to as many games as possible, I have donated, I have spent my hard earned cash...even when I disagreed with some of the things that were done from an admin. perspective and on the field. I have always been the glass is half full kind of guy. When nebraska was losing, I always felt in my heart that we would always come back to win....but now I have been angered enough to start throwing my 2-cents in.

Yesterday I was so embarrassed to be a Husker....I can't even imagine what the players are going through. I strongly feel that they have lost faith in BC and KC. It is time the players started the Unity Council again. They need to get together and figure this out, because the coaches are doing everything they can to run this program into the ground. We need to support the players, they are the only ones who deserve it.

I was at a wedding and watching the game at the reception. I turned to the guy next to me and told him that it is like watching a member of your family get punched in the face week in and week outn...eventually your just not going to want to watch any more. That is what Husker Football meant to me and my family....it was a part of it. All I know, is that I can't go on another year of watching a member of my family get beat up and become the laughing stock of the nation...especially when it once was an elite prize fighter.

By the 3rd quarter, there was no one watching that game any more.

I'm tired of the excuses, I'm tired of the coach talk, the "there were a lot of positives that came out of the game" speaches, I'm tired of the 1st and 2nd year head coaches knocking off top tier teams and we can't beat anyone ranked. I'm tired of every who knew anything about Husker tradition getting run out of Lincoln.

I actually have a lot more to say....but like the article said, I will be doing it with my wallet. I have tickets to the A&M game, the only reason I'm going is to watch another storied/tradition laced team play. I will not buy a ppv, I will not be going to a bowl game (which that may not even be an option anyway), and my sons Husker outfitt fund will be dumped into his college fund...not another cent is going to 1.75 mill. a year Coach Callhan fund. I will always support the University, Huskers and the players, but I have decided to adopt KU as my 2nd favorite team. I need to watch some good coached football for once.

ps. Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the board. Too bad something like this had to be the catalyst for you to finally post.

Word. Welcome to the board. I think we all understand your frustration at this point. You can join pity party with us haha.

Thanks for the invite, I will be the guy in the corner crying in his beer...but still wearing my Husker gear.

Good to have you aboard.

And this may be blasphemous...but I've sort of adopted Oklahoma as the team I want to win. At least 1 of the 2 once great teams from the old Big 8 can have some success. Kansas is my option if I'm pulling for the Big 12 North.

When chosing my interim team, I first looked at where I was treated well. I have gone to a CU game and had bottles thrown at me, I have gone to a KSU game where I was lucky to walk away alive, Mizzou fans aren't angels....but KU fans down in Lawrence were great. So here is to my Huskers and my new team KU :wasted

Good to have you aboard.

And this may be blasphemous...but I've sort of adopted Oklahoma as the team I want to win. At least 1 of the 2 once great teams from the old Big 8 can have some success. Kansas is my option if I'm pulling for the Big 12 North.

When chosing my interim team, I first looked at where I was treated well. I have gone to a CU game and had bottles thrown at me, I have gone to a KSU game where I was lucky to walk away alive, Mizzou fans aren't angels....but KU fans down in Lawrence were great. So here is to my Huskers and my new team KU :wasted

I agree. That's part of the reason, as I went to the 2003 Big 12 Championship game. The Sooner fans were knowledgeable and decent people. The kSUcks fans were everything but. I haven't had any experience with KU fans.

I was at a wedding and watching the game at the reception. I turned to the guy next to me and told him that it is like watching a member of your family get punched in the face week in and week outn...eventually your just not going to want to watch any more.

That just hits me funny :laughpound

I have never posted before but have good friends that are Nebraska Alum and over the years always loved looking forward to the great games between our schools.

All I can say is we were really pulling to see a turn-around this year by Nebraska. It just hurts to watch the team right now.

We made the trip the last time OU played in Lincoln and your fans were terrific. Hoping things turn around soon for all the Husker fans.

I have never posted before but have good friends that are Nebraska Alum and over the years always loved looking forward to the great games between our schools.

All I can say is we were really pulling to see a turn-around this year by Nebraska. It just hurts to watch the team right now.

We made the trip the last time OU played in Lincoln and your fans were terrific. Hoping things turn around soon for all the Husker fans.

Thanks for the support...I always have to root for the Sooners. The Husker and Sooner rivalry was something I wished my kid could have seen. Ah, the good ol days.

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the support. I remember the down years for the Sooners in the 90's. If I knew then what I now, I would have given some Sooner fans a little more support.

I am sorry but I can't get into the "second favorite team" thing. Its Nebraska or nothing. Sure I will root for an underdog or for a team to win when it helps us, but that is about it. I am currently stationed in OK and have been listening to the Talk Radio (640) and I am embarrassed for us. Quotes like "the Cornhuskers are bad, simply bad" or "I can't believe that they hired Callahan in the first place" or "If I told you 10 years ago that the Cornhuskers would have the worst defense in the Big XII you would have thought I was crazy". Oh, there are alot more. Almost all of the radio hosts don't think we have a chance to win another game let alone beat OSU this week. They went so far as to thank us for getting Keller or OU would probably have him starting and Bradford holding his helmet. (By the way, I still think Keller is very good, Oline problems).