Lee Barfknecht

Having grown up in Minneapolis I am very used to homers who cover sports for a living and while I like that Barfkneckt tries to be objective he still rates as low-quality journalist in my opinon. As an outsider to the state of Nebraska and its journalism, based on what I have read from Barfkneckt and other overpaid writers I would say the Omaha-World Herald is pretty much junk. While in this instance I happen to agree with Barfkneckt's assessment, he still does not impress me. I have heard that opinion stated so many times within the last 72 hours, whether it be on a message board or someone on campus, it amazes me that he gets paid to write it. I would not invest too much into this amatuer, overpaid journalist's "opinion" about a team he has a clear disdain for. Man we really need a win on Saturday.

Which homers are you speaking about in any Twin Cities paper? The ONLY one who writes in that area that is any part Homer is Sid Hartman. The rest of them are so Anti-Minnesota it isn't even funny. Barreiro and the lot all hate the Vikes, Twins, Wild, etc. Off topic I know, but your take on the Minnesota journalist scene seems to be a bit skewed.

From his column today:

"Any team in scarlet and cream is expected to do two simple things: Act like you're coached, and play like you care. The football team isn't doing either right now. And that's why the educated Nebraska fan is booing."

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10153210

People on this board rip Barfknecht a lot, which I disagree with because I think he's a good writer and does his job well, but I don't know how anyone could argue with anything he wrote today.

Barfknecht gets ripped because he is unobjectively anti-Husker. Look no further than the Big 12 previews and how he wrote each teams season preview and then how he wrote Nebraska's. He practically jerked Dennis Franchione off under the table, and Fran has a worse record than Callahan! I am not sure if the link is on here anymore, but it was pretty ridiculous. That's why Barfy gets ripped, because he sucks.

Have you seen Nebraska play lately?

His job isn't to be a homer, his job is to cover the Big 12 and write his opinions.

It goes WELL beyond this year

Must not have been around when Mike Kelley was the sports writer.

theres a reason why he's not writing in the sports section now