Unfortuantely, Callahan is here awhile

Callahan has no more than 5 games left. He has no chance of being here next year.

Don't you think it's too expensive to buy him out?

can't afford too keep him....The huskers will see donations and enrollment drop if Bill stays....thats a fact.....someone else already said it......you can't afford to keep him....the Next coach will have a smaller deal full of incentives and alot less actual up front money....it's not that tough to figure out...and the Huskers amy have some wiggle room on this extension....so who really cares about BC

He has lost the team and that is a fact......PUD will have to fire him and I think it could happen on monday

I do. HCBC will be here a least a couple of more years unless some wealthy alumni step up and offer to buy him out. If not, I think we have at least 2 more years of HCBC, maybe the full 4 years if/when the football cash cow dries up from lack of interest in buying tickets to the games. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to get used to what is happening this year because I don't see it changing any time soon.

Callahan has no more than 5 games left. He has no chance of being here next year.

Hardly. It will be more costly an effect to keep him. A few million now, or the total annihilation of everything Husker football. I know which is more costly.

Think about it this way. Sure, one could say it's more "cost-effective" to keep Callahan...rather than buy him out.

On the other hand, watching our sell-out record go by the wayside, numerous other insignificant records (OSU hadn't won at Memorial Stadium since 1960, for example), losing donor money (lots o' money), revenue from merchandise purchases...gone.

Before this game, I was hoping it was just Cosgrove's problem...now, I'm SURE it isn't. I can't possibly conceive an argument to justify this coaching administration remaining in Nebraska, monetarily or anything else. Period.

I will continue to support Nebraska, regardless. But that's just inherent for me. This administration??? Not so much.