Not Even a big Husker Fan but I'm sick

LSU Fan

of watching Nebraska getting shellacked on a weekly basis. I remember when I was growing up in the 80's watching those awesome Oklahoma/Nebraska games when they both ran the wishbone and every game was an EVENT. I also remember when Nebraska would always beat LSU in the Sugar Bowl. There is no reason that a decent coach can't turn a team around in 4 years. Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Dan Hawkins?, Joe Glenn, Les Miles. This guy stinks and he is stinking up the whole college football experience. I don't care if Kansas, Kansas State or Missouri stink...this is frickin Nebraska. What the hel* was your AD thinking? This is almost as bad as San Diego Chargers hiring a known loser like Norv Turner. Ughhhh. I'd even be willing to give up Bo Pelini so you guys can have a decent team. Heck, we're probably going to lose Les Miles to Michigan but I think our AD, Skip Bertman, has a clue and would actually hire a coach that has a frickin game plan. I sure hope that contract extension can be broken. :angry:

(If you're wondering why I bothered to post on this board it's because I have some buddies that are Husker fans plus I'm from South Dakota and we always rooted for the Huskers. I went to LSU, that's why I'm a fan. The whole time I was at LSU we had a rotten coach and it wasn't fun). I'm out.

of watching Nebraska getting shellacked on a weekly basis. I remember when I was growing up in the 80's watching those awesome Oklahoma/Nebraska games when they both ran the wishbone and every game was an EVENT. I also remember when Nebraska would always beat LSU in the Sugar Bowl. There is no reason that a decent coach can't turn a team around in 4 years. Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Dan Hawkins?, Joe Glenn, Les Miles. This guy stinks and he is stinking up the whole college football experience. I don't care if Kansas, Kansas State or Missouri stink...this is frickin Nebraska. What the hel* was your AD thinking? This is almost as bad as San Diego Chargers hiring a known loser like Norv Turner. Ughhhh. I'd even be willing to give up Bo Pelini so you guys can have a decent team. Heck, we're probably going to lose Les Miles to Michigan but I think our AD, Skip Bertman, has a clue and would actually hire a coach that has a frickin game plan. I sure hope that contract extension can be broken. :angry:

(If you're wondering why I bothered to post on this board it's because I have some buddies that are Husker fans plus I'm from South Dakota and we always rooted for the Huskers. I went to LSU, that's why I'm a fan. The whole time I was at LSU we had a rotten coach and it wasn't fun). I'm out.

Thanks for the support. Just one correction (I know it is knit-picking), but we never ran the wishbone. That was OU's offense. Once in a great while we would slip in a variation called the Os-bone, but that was rare. We ran the option out of an I formation (with multiple variations) most of the time.

See, our team stinks so much this year I would rather talk about variations of our offensive formations from 20 years ago, than to face what we have become. :madash

Thanks for joining, and the feedback. No one in Nebraska is having much fun anymore, with the exception of the Anheiser-Busch and Jack Daniel's companies. Good luck vs. Kentucky tonight.

I see this trend playing out more and more recently. Even nationally, there are folks talking about how much it detracts from college football to have Nebraska competing at such a low level. Sure there are those who rellish in the poor performances we're seeing. Always will be those who hate the team and the program. But I hear more people everyday from other programs that know how bad this is and can feel for us. Perhaps its from the respect that Nebraska fans have built over the decades. Maybe in our hour of despare, we will continue to see just how well we as Husker fans are thought of nation wide. Maybe there are others watching to see how we handle ourselves through this time. Something to think about...

Rick L.

I see this trend playing out more and more recently. Even nationally, there are folks talking about how much it detracts from college football to have Nebraska competing at such a low level. Sure there are those who rellish in the poor performances we're seeing. Always will be those who hate the team and the program. But I hear more people everyday from other programs that know how bad this is and can feel for us. Perhaps its from the respect that Nebraska fans have built over the decades. Maybe in our hour of despare, we will continue to see just how well we as Husker fans are thought of nation wide. Maybe there are others watching to see how we handle ourselves through this time. Something to think about...

Rick L.

Great post. It definitely detracts from college football. I love the college dynasties and think football is much more interesting when Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, OU and especially Nebraska are good or great. The TV games are better and something to look forward to. Have to hand it to South Florida, but I just can't get too fired up for a S. Florida vs. Northwest Southeast East-West Florida AT&T matchup.

Thanks for the support. Just one correction (I know it is knit-picking), but we never ran the wishbone. That was OU's offense. Once in a great while we would slip in a variation called the Os-bone, but that was rare. We ran the option out of an I formation (with multiple variations) most of the time.

See, our team stinks so much this year I would rather talk about variations of our offensive formations from 20 years ago, than to face what we have become. :madash

Nebraska ran the tripple option.

Alot of it is because even though NU beat alot of teams through the years, people all over the country respected our program and our fans. I ALWAYS hear from opposing fans how much they like playing Nebraska because of the atmosphere that Nebraska provides at home and on the road, and NU fans are respected as being knowledgable and kind fans.

Don't think for a second other fans want NU to beat their teams...but when they do beat us, they want it to mean something, they want to see good college football.

No one sees that anymore.

Rick L.

Great post. It definitely detracts from college football. I love the college dynasties and think football is much more interesting when Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, OU and especially Nebraska are good or great. The TV games are better and something to look forward to. Have to hand it to South Florida, but I just can't get too fired up for a S. Florida vs. Northwest Southeast East-West Florida AT&T matchup.

NOW we have South Florida, South Carolina, Boston College, Kentucky, and Cincinnatti matchups to get fired up about...

:sarcasm

Sorry about the wishbone comment. I could have sworn they both ran the wishbone. Then again, I was just a kid.