Hardnose fb vs WCO

The truth is our line and running game has went down hill since 2000. They have no longer been as dominate nor have they been able to flat out wear down opponents.

Rush yds/game        yards/carry

2000-          349.3                     6.0

2001-          314.7                     5.6

2002-          268.7                     5.6

2003-          235.6                     4.3

Our hardnosed football wasn't so hard nosed the last couple of years. We have been going down hill because we don't have the dominate lineman that we use to. I find it really hard to believe that with our coaches that we had last year that we would of improved in our rushing attack this year. Changes had to be made and although we have no seen improvements this year, we have an opportunity in a new offense to make improvements during the LONG HAUL of it. It takes more than ten games to put in a whole new system and I am willing to watch and see what happens.

Hell yes coaches we had last year were leading to imrovements. They were great coaches and pretty darn good recruiters themselves.

We had a good defense last year that made the difference in the record. Our offense was getting worse because we no longer had the athletes on the line that were physical and we sure as hell didn't have the depth that we need to be a physical team. Our passing game sucked ass and if you think that Dailey was going to do good this year, then wow, you haven't seen a single game yet. And by the way, who was going Solich bringing in this year that was all that great.

Dailey was a pretty good passer last year and last we averaged about as much passing as we do this year. Dailey is a good passer but they have changed him so much and got his mind so screwed up and got him running to get the plays and he can't run and scramble. His game is roll out's, play actions, options, boot legs. Solich and staff had some great recruits coming for this past year. Dt. Mcdowell, grixby, nunn, muy,rest of florida 5, olsen,etc.

The truth is our line and running game has went down hill since 2000. They have no longer been as dominate nor have they been able to flat out wear down opponents.

Our hardnosed football wasn't so hard nosed the last couple of years. We have been going down hill because we don't have the dominate lineman that we use to. I find it really hard to believe that with our coaches that we had last year that we would of improved in our rushing attack this year. Changes had to be made and although we have no seen improvements this year, we have an opportunity in a new offense to make improvements during the LONG HAUL of it. It takes more than ten games to put in a whole new system and I am willing to watch and see what happens.

Hell yes coaches we had last year were leading to imrovements. They were great coaches and pretty darn good recruiters themselves.

We had a good defense last year that made the difference in the record. Our offense was getting worse because we no longer had the athletes on the line that were physical and we sure as hell didn't have the depth that we need to be a physical team. Our passing game sucked ass and if you think that Dailey was going to do good this year, then wow, you haven't seen a single game yet. And by the way, who was going Solich bringing in this year that was all that great.

Dailey was a pretty good passer last year and last we averaged about as much passing as we do this year. Dailey is a good passer but they have changed him so much and got his mind so screwed up and got him running to get the plays and he can't run and scramble. His game is roll out's, play actions, options, boot legs. Solich and staff had some great recruits coming for this past year. Dt. Mcdowell, grixby, nunn, muy,rest of florida 5, olsen,etc.

Besides Grixby, i don't know if any of them would of stepped in and played this year.

Besides Grixby, i don't know if any of them would of stepped in and played this year.

Most of the time freshman don't especially with alot of starters back. I'm pretty sure nunn would of because he is now. Most lineman aren't going to play nor should they. A couple of the florida fab 5 may have. Possibly dt.

2000-          349.3                    6.0

2001-          314.7                    5.6

2002-          268.7                    5.6

2003-          235.6                    4.3

D.T McDowell was going to be a great recruit? I suppose Everidge was also. Where did those kids from Florida go anyway? Are any of them playing? We averaged 109 ypg passing last year and 175 this year. That doesn't equal the same amount. We average more total yards per game this year also.

D.T McDowell was going to be a great recruit? I suppose Everidge was also. Where did those kids from Florida go anyway? Are any of them playing? We averaged 109 ypg passing last year and 175 this year. That doesn't equal the same amount. We average more total yards per game this year also.

What's your point? We're only averaging 17 more yards of total offense per game and 1/2 point more scoring per game. When your defense gets as much worse as ours has in one year, those 'improvements' on offense don't really matter.

2000-          349.3                    6.0

2001-          314.7                    5.6

2002-          268.7                    5.6

2003-          235.6                    4.3

What's your point? We're only averaging 17 more yards of total offense per game and 1/2 point more scoring per game. When your defense gets as much worse as ours has in one year, those 'improvements' on offense don't really matter.

If you look at Benards post you will see he states that we averaged just as many passing yards last year as we do this year. I was just stating the facts.

If you look at Benards post you will see he states that we averaged just as many passing yards last year as we do this year. I was just stating the facts.

Oh....I see. Well our offense still isn't any better than last year. :)

he's starting as a true frosh for troy and doing pretty well. I'd say that isn't bad. Let's not forget they beat mizzou.

Rushing Offense: 28th (187 ypg)

Passing Offense: 92nd (175 ypg)

Total Offense: 70th (362 ypg)

Scoring Offense: 58th (25 ppg)

Rushing Defense: 5th (94 ypg)

Passing Defense: 113th (272 ypg)

Total Defense: 55th (367 ypg)

Scoring Defense: 70th (27 ppg)

Punt Returns (team): 6.1 ypr

Punt Returns (Panico): 3.6 ypr with a long of 9

Third Down Conversions--NU--Opp: 31%--38%

Interceptions by NU: 1.3 per game

Record: 5-5

For comparisons sake:

Rushing Offense: 236 ypg

Passing Offense: 110 ypg

Total Offense: 345 ypg

Scoring Offense: 25 ppg

Rushing Defense: 119 ypg

Passing Defense: 177 ypg

Total Defense: 297 ypg

Scoring Defense: 14.5 ppg

Punt Returns (Davis): 9 ypg with a long of 30

Third Down Conversions--NU--Opp: 37%--34%

Interceptions by NU: 2.5 per game

Record: 10-3

I don't know where the florida guys all went for sure but they were big time recruits.

D.T. didn't actually make his first start until the 7th game of the year. He did not play against Missouri when Troy beat them. And for the season he is 28 for 67 for 319 yards, 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. I wouldn't exactly call those numbers too impressive.

As was said above, it's rare for a true freshman to come in and start right away. Since he wone the starting job, Troy is 3-1 with the only loss coming by 4 at LSU. That's impressive to me.

D.T. didn't actually make his first start until the 7th game of the year. He did not play against Missouri when Troy beat them. And for the season he is 28 for 67 for 319 yards, 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. I wouldn't exactly call those numbers too impressive.

As was said above, it's rare for a true freshman to come in and start right away. Since he wone the starting job, Troy is 3-1 with the only loss coming by 4 at LSU. That's impressive to me.

He sounds like a player, and seems to have done pretty well for a true freshman. I wish he would have been open to the possibility of playing cornerback. I guess you can kind of call your own shots when you have a future in baseball to fall back on.