Millard North Coach

I have played for Fred Petito at Millard North; he took us to the State Championship my senior year. While I think that it is bold and unrealistic to claim that he is right for the head coaching job at Nebraska, I think all of the negative things that have been said on this board about him are unfair and very unwarranted. Many of you have never even seen or spoken to Coach Petito in real life. Additionally, to judge the man on the behavior of select few of some of his former players is preposterous.

Coach Petito is a great coach who teaches nothing but class and style to his players. He has helped me through many tough decisions in life and has been a great source of guidance for me. He literally kills himself to ensure that each one of his players gets into a good college and gets the chance to play at the university level (if they desire). Furthermore, he will always be Millard North's head coach. I know first hand that he has been approached many times to coach at the D1 level and has declined. He simply loves his job and the kids that he coaches. It's truly a shame that so many of you are willing to break the man down in a second without truly knowing anything about him.

I have played for Fred Petito at Millard North; he took us to the State Championship my senior year. While I think that it is bold and unrealistic to claim that he is right for the head coaching job at Nebraska, I think all of the negative things that have been said on this board about him are unfair and very unwarranted. Many of you have never even seen or spoken to Coach Petito in real life. Additionally, to judge the man on the behavior of select few of some of his former players is preposterous.

Coach Petito is a great coach who teaches nothing but class and style to his players. He has helped me through many tough decisions in life and has been a great source of guidance for me. He literally kills himself to ensure that each one of his players gets into a good college and gets the chance to play at the university level (if they desire). Furthermore, he will always be Millard North's head coach. I know first hand that he has been approached many times to coach at the D1 level and has declined. He simply loves his job and the kids that he coaches. It's truly a shame that so many of you are willing to break the man down in a second without truly knowing anything about him.

[/quote

As I said before I have never met nor played against Petito or any of his teams. My judgements of him go by the players that I have met during my first couple of years down here at UNL. Quite frankly the kids I met were very arrogant, rude, and acted as though they ran this place. I later came to realize thats how a lot of kids from Omaha acted so I did not let it concern me. Petito is probably a decent guy who has had big impact on many of his former players off the gridiron as well on it. I am just going by what I have seen from his former players. I also wanted to take an opportunity at bashing Mike Grant and I always enjoy doing it even if it means I have to go out of my way.

As an MN alumni, I'll give my honest opinion, Petito is a jackass...BIG difference between high school and college football bud.

My plan for the future:

1. Have a son

2. Coach his little league football team

3. Be the best coach in the league

4. Coach in the NFL because if I was the best in Nebraska pop-warner, might as well give me a chance!!!