Whats going to happen to our Recruits???

Some will leave, some will stay. It really depends on what the new coaches do, and how soon one is announced.

I would think a few guys would stay loyal to their commitment (Gabbert) because their commitment was based on more than just callahan. But all in all, this year's class is going to be hurt badly.

If Pelini gets annoucned, things might be okay. It's hard to say at this point; it all depends on the replacement. Also, do we WANT these recruits? After all, Callahan wanted them, and that's already one strike in my book. I'm sure it's the coaching that has botched most of the stars we have, but in any event, I'd like to see a lot of Nebraska names on the roster starting next season.

X

If Pelini gets annoucned, things might be okay. It's hard to say at this point; it all depends on the replacement. Also, do we WANT these recruits? After all, Callahan wanted them, and that's already one strike in my book. I'm sure it's the coaching that has botched most of the stars we have, but in any event, I'd like to see a lot of Nebraska names on the roster starting next season.

X

It's not Callahan's players he brought in that bothers me..it's how he uses them and how they play/develop. He has turned prized recruits into underachievers.

This is why timing is very, very important and we can't screw around and wait until January to get a new coach (if we do get a new coach, this announcement in no way guarantees Callahan's departure). If we move quickly to get an Interim AD, he needs to move quickly after the CU game on either his support of the current staff or their depature and immediate hiring of a new staff.

The real question to me is - does this staff do the honorable thing and continue to recruit/try to keep this players at Nebraska? They haven't been fired yet and I believe that they will. However, stranger things have happened.

I'm sure the recruits will wait to see who the replacements are for coaching, AD, etc. I doubt ANYONE gave a crap about Pederson and we have all seen the interviews with Callahan. I doubt he is solely responsible for many recruits. My guess is most of the recruits who have seen games this year have been too impressed. New staff and a mix-up could help...Look at the basketball team and what Doc has done for them. I just hope we can get a guy with his energy as head FB coach!!!

Would he have enough time to coach both FB and BB??? LOL

***SNIP***

The real question to me is - does this staff do the honorable thing and continue to recruit/try to keep this players at Nebraska? They haven't been fired yet and I believe that they will. However, stranger things have happened.

I should think that, if they want to continue in the coaching profession, they will still do the best they can to ensure that they receive consideration for other jobs. It would certainly hurt that if they don't continue the recruiting.

And, no doubt, there are some assistants on staff that are good coaches and want to be retained after the season, and some that, while not so good, hope and pray that they are retained by doing a good job on at least the recruiting front.

We will no doubt lose some of the recruits that said they were "N". A lot will depend on which coaches are let go. I'm sure Coz is gone or given a different responsibility on the staff. I read a post on here some time today that said, Callahan will now get to make the moves he wants now that Pud is gone. He had the power to do that all along. He just doesn't have a clue how to call an offense or the guts or will to remove Coz as DC. If he wants to stay on as HC he needs to give up the play calling, involve himself in all aspects of the team. He is not doing that now no matter what he may say. It's like he is a kid with a new toy, all he wants to do is call plays and let the rest of the team be run by what has turned out to be, an incompetent DC and some bad position coaches. He acts like a 10 yr old that you are trying to get the control sticks from, to eat dinner.

GBR!!! :bonez