Don't Mean To Get Anyone Riled Up Or Upset...

As some of you may have seen me mention, my best friend was apart of the '07 class. Speaking with him on AIM right now, and I'll just show you what he said. I'm not going to mention his name because I don't want him to get in trouble and I don't want people bombarding me or him with questions or anything. I'm just letting you know.

Me: So I guess things are a big ass mess up there, right?

Player: pretty much, nobody knows what the f*** is going to happen and people are talking about leaving

Me: Who was talking about leaving?

Player: idk like people are talking about leaving but of course is the staff stays then we'll be cool its just if bill goes then basically everybody else is leaving, then we'll have a problem

Again, don't mean to get anyone riled up. I'm just saying that this may be what to expect if Bill is in fact out.

I have seen this before, even when I played. Everyone is talking through emotion but I doubt anyone will transfer if BC is gone. It will depend on who they bring in but I doubt any big name will leave. What school will take them at this point anyway and they will lose a year of eligibility.

Just emotions right now. It's to be expected. Heck, those kids feel in their heart BC isn't doing anything wrong and it's their fault.

Players always feel this way when coaching changes are threatened, and when they occur - the players feel like outsiders while on the inside when stuff like this happens. Even when things are going bad all around them, the players and coaches have a bond - their fate is tied together, sort of - obviously you can't "fire" college players, but they feel like someone took their parent when a coach is fired.

Some leave immediately. Some meet the new staff and then leave. Some stay for a while, then leave. Most just stay - these would be the ones that have wanted to wear the white helmet with the big red N on the side since they could walk...

Players always feel this way when coaching changes are threatened, and when they occur - the players feel like outsiders while on the inside when stuff like this happens. Even when things are going bad all around them, the players and coaches have a bond - their fate is tied together, sort of - obviously you can't "fire" college players, but they feel like someone took their parent when a coach is fired.

Some leave immediately. Some meet the new staff and then leave. Some stay for a while, then leave. Most just stay - these would be the ones that have wanted to wear the white helmet with the big red N on the side since they could walk...

True, if they didn't come here to represent NU football then they might leave and that is fine with me also. BC was not Vince Lombardi or Joe Pa so them backing just him is a joke if any of them do.

Like I said, I doubt anyone will leave. It's not as easy as you think to just change schools unless you go to a Div 1-AA. If they want that then Adios!

As some of you may have seen me mention, my best friend was apart of the '07 class. Speaking with him on AIM right now, and I'll just show you what he said. I'm not going to mention his name because I don't want him to get in trouble and I don't want people bombarding me or him with questions or anything. I'm just letting you know.

Me: So I guess things are a big ass mess up there, right?

Player: pretty much, nobody knows what the f*** is going to happen and people are talking about leaving

Me: Who was talking about leaving?

Player: idk like people are talking about leaving but of course is the staff stays then we'll be cool its just if bill goes then basically everybody else is leaving, then we'll have a problem

Again, don't mean to get anyone riled up. I'm just saying that this may be what to expect if Bill is in fact out.

Well, I imagine things are a bit uncertain in the locker room right now. I really don't think very many players will leave the program when Cali and company depart the area, but if some do..So be it. GBR

Well, my opinion is that the way this team has played so far this year, those players that are thinking about leaving better start selling themselves pretty damn quickly to improve their marketability...other schools haven't had much positive to go off of this year if they are going to bring in our players...unless of course our kickers want to leave. They are the mid-season MVP's.

I can't say its unexpected.

If our last change is any indication, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better. Hang on.

I disagree. I honestly believe this team will win 8 games with a new coach,possibly more with a bowl game.

A new staff and this team goes 8-5 with a bowl worst case. 10-4 best case.