Back to the current football team

Only two weeks too late - I wish they would've followed Zac in the first place. This, IMHO, is a very positive step in the right direction.

I hope I'm wrong but I think it's too late.

I'd be really surprised if it weren't. Think about it: it took firing Steve Pederson to get them to do this. What does that show the players? The coaching staff still has no idea what the blackshirt means. The light bulb sure as hell won't light up because of the AD changes.

If we get another non-husker coach, I think that tradition should be retired.

IMO I do not think we need to have another "husker" coach. I believe the "husker" leadership is important in the AD office and it would be better to get a QUALIFIED coach who will EMBRACE the tradition but not necessarily have to be a part of it. The tradition and having TO around will be great points to stress in recruiting that BC I don't believe does. If the "husker" coach you are thinking of is Gill I don't know if he is ready for a job of this magnitude. I think maybe 10 years down the line after he's been seasoned more at a bigger school he will be ready. Don't get me wrong, I know what he has done there at Buffalo I'm just wary a little bit.

If we get another non-husker coach, I think that tradition should be retired.

IMO I do not think we need to have another "husker" coach. I believe the "husker" leadership is important in the AD office and it would be better to get a QUALIFIED coach who will EMBRACE the tradition but not necessarily have to be a part of it. The tradition and having TO around will be great points to stress in recruiting that BC I don't believe does. If the "husker" coach you are thinking of is Gill I don't know if he is ready for a job of this magnitude. I think maybe 10 years down the line after he's been seasoned more at a bigger school he will be ready. Don't get me wrong, I know what he has done there at Buffalo I'm just wary a little bit.

I would have to agree. I don't think it's absolutely necessary that the next coach be a "Nebraska Guy". I think it IS necessary that whoever the coach is...even if it's BC...he CANNOT ignore Husker tradition (any longer in BC's case)...but rather should embrace it. Should actually make sure that all incoming Freshman are "taught" it. IMHO...these current players know nothing of the past. This "education" needs to be as important as the 8lb. playbook...