Callahan play calling

raw1

I am watching the replay of the Okla State Game on Fox Sports Central right now. It is 38-0 in the third quarter and something that has always bothered me about BC popped into my head and I wanted to see if anyone else feels the same.

Since he got here Callahan is always shown on the sideline with his head down, studying the playchart. I have never seen anyone do that to the extent he does. It is like he is thinking, "Well, that didn't work but there must be something here that will...". I have thought this since the first time I saw him coach. Do any of you football geniuses feel the same way?

I am not being sarcastic here...I don't know very much about coaching football and am not afraid to admit it. I am more of a baseball guy but love Big Red Football.

I am watching the replay of the Okla State Game on Fox Sports Central right now. It is 38-0 in the third quarter and something that has always bothered me about BC popped into my head and I wanted to see if anyone else feels the same.

Since he got here Callahan is always shown on the sideline with his head down, studying the playchart. I have never seen anyone do that to the extent he does. It is like he is thinking, "Well, that didn't work but there must be something here that will...". I have thought this since the first time I saw him coach. Do any of you football geniuses feel the same way?

I am not being sarcastic here...I don't know very much about coaching football and am not afraid to admit it. I am more of a baseball guy but love Big Red Football.

Most coaches script their first 15 to 20 plays of the game and dont change from that order. I agree with you though in viewing games from the past, he always has his head down looking at what to do next. But he didn't get to where he is at being an idiot regardless of his tenure here at Nebraska.

Who are we to judge how a coach looks at his playbook on the sideline. Look at all the other coaches out there. Joe Pa doesn't wear a headset or have anything...he waddles up and down the sideline haha. Probably don't need to spend anymore energy on this topic because it is really a lewd point that means nothing.

Who are we to judge how a coach looks at his playbook on the sideline. Look at all the other coaches out there. Joe Pa doesn't wear a headset or have anything...he waddles up and down the sideline haha. Probably don't need to spend anymore energy on this topic because it is really a lewd point that means nothing.

A "lewd" point? You're really digging back into the history of that word to use it in this context :)

The thing that really pissed me off about his play calling was the fact that we were down 38-0 yet he was still running. We came out running in the second half and I thought good, great lets keep the ground game going, dont give up on it. Then we kept running, and kept running, and kept running, time was becoming low and yet we kept running. I kept thinking ok we are going to start passing here any time and never did. He just played to not get blown out and that was obvious. I dont care if we lose 100-0, PLAY TO WIN!!! Its not even close to usc last year when we were down by 10 and still running we were down by 38 freakin points!! How many times did Keller pass in the second half? About 15? Down by 38 and we pass the ball 15 times in the second half? He should be ashamed of his play calling, and coz should just be ashamed.