SURROUNDED BY RUDE CLASSLESS FANS

HSKRNOKC

Righton OStatefan, thanks for sharing your experience. You bet, we're glad to have you, feel free to drop a line on any subject. We have a Big 12 forum down below, so it would be cool to get your perspective on OSU from time to time as well. I know most of us are interested in sports in general, so I'm sure you could get some quality discussion going on just about any sports topic.

Im a proud OSU fan but I hope you guys dont mind a post from me on here ever now and then.

I just wanted to say when I was in Lincoln last year for OSU's opener we took a pretty good husker beating but I will have to say the whole time we were there we were treated with the highest respect. I had no problems at all with any husker fans and I was sitting right among hundreds of them. Actually made a few friends there and partied with them after the game. I cant say this for when we play in Norman. The blatant arrogance that comes from most of the OU fans there is unbelievable. It also shocks me that someone will go out on the field mouthing off to a player from any team after a loss. Thats just asking for a visit with the dentist. My hats off to Husker fans. You guys have class and I pull for you along side the Cowboys.  :cheers

Thanks Ostatefan. Just as I have stated in a previous post; in general, for the most part, and with the exception of a very few...we have some of the most respectful, classiest fans in all of sports (college and professional). Keep in mind this extends to ALL Big Red fans, not just those in the great state of Nebraska. As I have said before, we had an awsome bar out here in Cali called the "Cornhusker club and suds bar". It was so awesome, we had great memorabilia, great food, and even red beer. The owner, Vern, would clank his cow bell every time we scored. The place would be packed with Husker fans of all ages every game that they could get on t.v. Every once in a while some brave heart would come in wearing an A&M or a CU hat or something, without any trouble or problem. The fans showed a lot of respect, it was so cool! Unfortunately, the bar only thrived during football season and eventually the entire strip of businesses was bought out and torn down. A real shame, but I have faith it will rise again one day. My point being, as I have stated before, the core of our great program starts with the fans and what we stand for. No matter what coaches, players, or schemes, come and go, we the fans should always stay constant and true. This is the core of our great program as well as the part that we control. We are the heart beat of Nebraska football and it will be great again because it has to. Maybe some fans should not be so quick to question our "identity" and simply look in the mirror.

GBR - for better or worse!