SURROUNDED BY RUDE CLASSLESS FANS

HSKRNOKC

Before I begin let me explain that I have lived around O.U. fans(being 25 miles from there campus) most of my life.I figured that being around them with my Husker colors on would be acceptable.I went to the game in Norman. I have to say that I am embaressed to even be known as a Oklahoman. The only difference between O.U.fans and Texas fans is the color they wear. The whole game I had three different people behind me whispering in my ear negative things.Slandering our team,coaches, players ect.Yes even I have to admit that the crowd was (hillbillie acting) Pond scum gentleman.Now I will here endless comments because lose or not, I REFUSE to stop wearing my Husker colors. We will see them in Lincoln next year. I will make the drive.

True but overall I would say we have some of the more respectful fans, if not just b/c it's something we've always done i.e. clapping for the opposing team when they leave the field win or lose. But yes there ar plenty of jackass NU fans, but seriously how many stories have you heard about a fan from another school's reaction after they come to lincoln.. they are usually blown away at how friendly everyone is.

and you wanna know another secret...Nebraska fans are the same way...

a few fans can ruin it for everyone. However, because a few act like arseholes doesn't mean they all do.

I have been to several home games in Lincoln. Also several Championship/bowl games.I personally have never witnessed a Nebraska fan act like this.If someone gets a little out of hand, usually another Husker fan is quick to remind them of how to act towards your guests or oponenet.

I have seen, first hand, that many husker fans get out of control and yell and actually want to start a fight with several fans from out of state. For the most part, our fans are great, but there are always a few that get out of hand.

Your right. Im sure there are a few bad sports who where our colors. I must have been in a section that was not expecting to see a whole family of Huskers.They let us have it.

Just wanted to let you know that there was an OU fan behind me that was yelling for Ross to tape up his skirt and get back in the game. I turned to glare at him, only to see some elderly OU fan was in his face yelling at him. If you bring up Gibbs, Blake or Schnellenberger to any OU fans they pretend that those years never existed.

Im a proud OSU fan but I hope you guys dont mind a post from me on here ever now and then.

I just wanted to say when I was in Lincoln last year for OSU's opener we took a pretty good husker beating but I will have to say the whole time we were there we were treated with the highest respect. I had no problems at all with any husker fans and I was sitting right among hundreds of them. Actually made a few friends there and partied with them after the game. I cant say this for when we play in Norman. The blatant arrogance that comes from most of the OU fans there is unbelievable. It also shocks me that someone will go out on the field mouthing off to a player from any team after a loss. Thats just asking for a visit with the dentist. My hats off to Husker fans. You guys have class and I pull for you along side the Cowboys. :cheers