Latest Update on Gray & Compton

Per Rivals:

Jonas Gray - Is still 100% solid w/ the Huskers. He did say, although, that he will take a few more visits in the future for a back up..."in case of a Coaching change."

Will Compton - Yesterday he announced that he was taking a visit w/ Gabbert to the Mizzou vs. Texas Tech game. This morning he said the he WILL NOT take that visit and is still committed to the Huskers. He said that he plans to take a few visits in the future as a back up plan.

Sounds to me like these guys want to play in an NFL style offense. Which means that they committed because of the current coaches. What could this mean? If we lose our coaches, I see us losing maybe 5 or 6 recruits.

Note: I am NOT against losing our coaches in any way....I just want to win some ball games. GBR!

Per Rivals:

Jonas Gray - Is still 100% solid w/ the Huskers. He did say, although, that he will take a few more visits in the future for a back up..."in case of a Coaching change."

Will Compton - Yesterday he announced that he was taking a visit w/ Gabbert to the Mizzou vs. Texas Tech game. This morning he said the he WILL NOT take that visit and is still committed to the Huskers. He said that he plans to take a few visits in the future as a back up plan.

Sounds to me like these guys want to play in an NFL style offense. Which means that they committed because of the current coaches. What could this mean? If we lose our coaches, I see us losing maybe 5 or 6 recruits.

Note: I am NOT against losing our coaches in any way....I just want to win some ball games. GBR!

Looks as if we will lose some guys becuase Cally isnt going to finish the year......im guessing Gabbert, Gray, Compton, Rippy

In the long run we will be better off with a new coaching staff instead of a few 4 and 5 star recruits. When the coaches can't coach them they become useless anyways. :dunno

i agree 100%. If you can't coach them, they might as well be two stars or none.

The thing that really hurts in Gabbert and Compton's case is that we would be losing their talent to a north rival.

In the long run we will be better off with a new coaching staff instead of a few 4 and 5 star recruits. When the coaches can't coach them they become useless anyways. :dunno

i agree 100%. If you can't coach them, they might as well be two stars or none.

The thing that really hurts in Gabbert and Compton's case is that we would be losing their talent to a north rival.

Very true. ;)

I think the recruits hold the right to be cautious. The "in case of coaching change" is recruit-speak to cover their behinds. Meaning, new coach & they dont like the direction, they opt out. New coach & they do like the guy & direction, then they remain N. That's how I take it.