This may be the Best Post...of All Time

Armistead

Im in the worst post ever camp.  Who cares what TO thinks?  You have to be high.  And please please please get out your notepads or whatever, Im not usually one to criticize spelling and all, but its OSBORNE!!! There is no YOU in the mighty Oz!! :)

That's right, who cares what he thinks. What he thinks isn't gonna make anything better. Anyone else read the Midlands Michael Kelley article today? If not, then here it is http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=1259756 If you read it, you will notice this guy echoes pretty much exactly what I said. And so do the fellas that wrote the book. Interesting, Stoops was Byrnes choice. Yeah, Solich was a better choice after all. But, I'm the one that's high. :rickjames

Who cares what TO thinks ? Who cares what JoePa Thinks? Who cares what Bobby Bowden,Bear Bryant,Bob Devaney,Micheal Jordan, Adolph Rupp,Don Shula,Vince Lombardi,Knute Rockne,or Babe Ruth think !!! They were just enormously successful at what they did and we should never emulate success especially if we want to move past getting our dream Double Wide Trailer Mansion on a hill in Nome,Alaska ! WRONG ! Your a moron for saying who cares what a legend thinks !

You know whats funny is the basis for most of your argument here is that recruiting fell off the wall when Solich took over. Maybe it did. BUT, it was NOT solely b/c Solich was a poor recruiter. Think about it - can you say "legend letdown factor"? When someone of TO's stature leaves a program, you dont think there will be residual ripples,,,based on the sheer absence of his name? If not, you are back on the pipe again my friend and its time for another intervention.

Oh and heres another dart in your hot air balloon,,, who do you think was the main recruiting guy during Oz's formidable years,, I think you can figure that one out. Next weakest post ever please.

is there an award for "f-tard" of the week?

Yeah, lets blame Osbourne for our team sucking now. Can we blame him for calling draw plays on 3rd and long? Can we blame him for calling pass plays when we're trying to run out the clock? Can we blame him for our kids looking like the kid after old yeller got shot?

Wait, hold on, let's not sit here and act like Osbourn never did anything wrong. It is certainly possible to think he new something. It's just as much his fault as anyone. What if Osborne would have told Solich he didn't need to keep his staff he had. And allowed him to get "his own guys" ........maybe we wouldn't be here now??? Tenipor couldn't do crap, the game past Darlington by, Solich felt he had to keep those guys around even though he knew it wasn't working out.

You know whats funny is the basis for most of your argument here is that recruiting fell off the wall when Solich took over.  Maybe it did. BUT, it was NOT solely b/c Solich was a poor recruiter. Think about it - can you say "legend letdown factor"? When someone of TO's stature leaves a program, you dont think there will be residual ripples,,,based on the sheer absence of his name?  If not, you are back on the pipe again my friend and its time for another intervention.

Oh and heres another dart in your hot air balloon,,, who do you think was the main recruiting guy during Oz's formidable years,, I think you can figure that one out.  Next weakest post ever please.

Like I said, what Osborne thinks will not fix anything. May I repeat, who cares what Tom Osborne thinks.

<Who cares what TO thinks ? Who cares what JoePa Thinks? Who cares what Bobby Bowden,Bear Bryant,Bob Devaney,Micheal Jordan, Adolph Rupp,Don Shula,Vince Lombardi,Knute Rockne,or Babe Ruth think !!! >

Obviously their former teams. JoePa is still at Penn St. Bowden, doesn't get calls from Virginia Tech. Bear Bryant is dead. Michael Jordan is never asked anything by the bulls and was an obvious GM failure in Washington. You want me to go on?

You know whats funny is the basis for most of your argument here is that recruiting fell off the wall when Solich took over.  Maybe it did. BUT, it was NOT solely b/c Solich was a poor recruiter. Think about it - can you say "legend letdown factor"? When someone of TO's stature leaves a program, you dont think there will be residual ripples,,,based on the sheer absence of his name?  If not, you are back on the pipe again my friend and its time for another intervention.

Oh and heres another dart in your hot air balloon,,, who do you think was the main recruiting guy during Oz's formidable years,, I think you can figure that one out.  Next weakest post ever please.

Like I said, what Osborne thinks will not fix anything. May I repeat, who cares what Tom Osborne thinks.

<Who cares what TO thinks ? Who cares what JoePa Thinks? Who cares what Bobby Bowden,Bear Bryant,Bob Devaney,Micheal Jordan, Adolph Rupp,Don Shula,Vince Lombardi,Knute Rockne,or Babe Ruth think !!! >

Obviously their former teams. JoePa is still at Penn St. Bowden, doesn't get calls from Virginia Tech. Bear Bryant is dead. Michael Jordan is never asked anything by the bulls and was an obvious GM failure in Washington. You want me to go on?

I'd like to know what Babe Ruth is thinking right now.

<Who cares what TO thinks ?

:throw

i do

Thats why we hired new coaches and barney cotton.  Say our offense was going downhill but I felt a hell of a lot more comfortable with last years offense compared to this crap.  I said I wouldn't be suprised if we don't get in trouble in a couple of years about like ohio state is this year.

Why, because the guy isn't from Nebraska or hired by the guys you like?

I guess it is because they are landing top recruits and we all know you can't land a top notch recruit without cheating. :wacko: Doug DuBose ring a bell.

If your job was on the line would you actually bring in Barney Cotton to run your offense? I can see bringing him in to run the line. I believe the only reason Frankie brought him in so the offense wouldn't change all that much and Frankie could still call the plays.

Ole barney's offense seem to do pretty darn well with much less talent then we have and kicked our ass this year. Put up quite a few yards I believe. Are you saying barney can't coach? Your wrong if you think that.

Thats why we hired new coaches and barney cotton.  Say our offense was going downhill but I felt a hell of a lot more comfortable with last years offense compared to this crap.  I said I wouldn't be suprised if we don't get in trouble in a couple of years about like ohio state is this year.

I guess it is because they are landing top recruits and we all know you can't land a top notch recruit without cheating. :wacko: Doug DuBose ring a bell.

If your job was on the line would you actually bring in Barney Cotton to run your offense? I can see bringing him in to run the line. I believe the only reason Frankie brought him in so the offense wouldn't change all that much and Frankie could still call the plays.

Ole barney's offense seem to do pretty darn well with much less talent then we have and kicked our ass this year. Put up quite a few yards I believe. Are you saying barney can't coach? Your wrong if you think that.

Sorry but the one game against the Huskers isn't going to change my mind. Like I said I would take him to coach the line, not to run my offense. Didn't Frankie go after Gundy from Okie St. and he turned it down? Did you think when it was announced that they hired Cotton to run the offense that it was a great hire? Just because he played at Nebraska doesn't make him a good o-cordinator. I think his offense is different this year since he doesn't have the puppetmaster pulling the strings.

Sorry but the one game against the Huskers isn't going to change my mind. Like I said I would take him to coach the line, not to run my offense. Didn't Frankie go after Gundy from Okie St. and he turned it down? Did you think when it was announced that they hired Cotton to run the offense that it was a great hire? Just because he played at Nebraska doesn't make him a good o-cordinator. I think his offense is different this year since he doesn't have the puppetmaster pulling the strings.

I think having Jamal Lord at QB really limited what Cotton could implement his first year here. Everyone keeps complaining about Dailey's throwing, but we've forgotten how truly one-dimensional a player can be.

his offense is different because he has a qb that can throw. Lord was a running qb so you can't exactly throw as much but he did what he could. He was successful at Hastings College, he was successful at new mexico state. He's a good coach and a good coordinator.