Weddings on Gamedays

I sincerely hate weddings on husker games. Though i have season tickets, I must go to my best friend's sisters wedding 2day...I know some of you may skip it...but he is my best friend and though i am only 14...i sitll think i should honor our friendship..but man i hate weddings on gamedays...

Any Thoughts?

I hear ya! One of my friends got married on the day of the Missouri game, I was in the wedding so I couldn't get out of it. As a double wammy he had his bachelor party on a house boat the weekend of the USC game so I missed that game as well. I let him know that he broke over a dozen Husker man laws. I will never have my wedding on a Saturday in the fall.

what is wrong with people, why do they do this? i remember last year we happen to be having a party the same day as the sker bowl game, if figured it would be cool, everyone loves college football. funny thing, none of my wifes guy friends even knew the bowls were going on that time of year. i went to a friends house and watched the game.

I hear ya, I've been married a year and a half and I've finally gotten her to realize my life revolves around football so don't plan anything on saturdays

I got married on gameday. My wife insisted. It was the day of the Missouri game I think so...all of the prepartaions were made, guests flew in, (the wedding was at the miltary base chapel where I worked) and things were set. The day of the wedding, the Huskers were beating the crap out of the Tigers so, like any true husker fan, I made everyone wait. Stayed in my apartment,in my tux, laying on the couch until the very end. When I got to the base, the guard at the gate told me how much trouble I was in, that everyone was waiting. I went in, and, surprise surprise, everything happened anyway. That is how you send a sign about priorities my friend.

While I may be one of the biggest husker fans ... and I would do everything in my power NOT to get married on a game day ... BUT if i did happen to get married on a game day and if any family or close friends said they were not comming ... id be pissed at them!

YES ... husker football is important to many.... but is it really more importnant than an important day for family or friend?

My cousin got married last year on the opening day of college football!! That is just not right. My uncle, his dad, told the family that was attending he would not be offended if they wore a headset and listened to the husker game during the ceremony. It is a crime to get married on game day, that is a sacred day no matter how the Huskers are doing.

My husband and I were married on November 5, 1977. Thirty year anniversary this year. It was not only the day Nebraska played Missouri but the opening day of pheasant season too! My godfather missed opening day for the first time in his life.

We have pictures in our wedding album of our maid of honor and best man's (they are brother and sister) Mom with her Husker headphones on at the reception. I'm sure she also had them on in her purse during the ceremony as we also have a photo of everyone sitting around her leaning toward her to hear the game. Fortunately the ceremony only took 17 minutes for a church wedding. :)

My brother got married Sept. 14, 2002, the day we played Penn St. I was in the wedding party, and with all the stuff that goes on with pictures and such, I was trying to figure out how we could watch the game. I ended up renting a mini bus, and borrowed a satellite from a friend who owns an A/V store, so we could watch the game. Needless to say the bride and bridesmaids weren't too happy with us, but we didn't care. The Huskers were on TV. We lost 40-7, and after that day, we have a rule in our family: No weddings on gameday.