The option could never work...

I personally don't want to see it here again, but that has always been my feeling on it. I like the spread offense. I HATE the WCO..............

The option is run by teams that can't recruit talent, ie service academy's, if you have the prestige to recruit some talent the the option is unstopable, and can lead to some high scoring teams

I cannot stand that drivel. You know, those self-righteous football pricks who after wiping their asses with silk deign to look down and you and spew that line. "The ahp-sion is entirely inconceivable, good sir. Noooo, I think we ought rrrun the sprrread."

Any system can work, including the WCO. I LIKE the option for the reasons I've stated a hundred times. Ball control; progressive in-game effectiveness; gameplan of attrition. It has its drawbacks, there is no doubt, and mandates a very, very solid defense which can prevent quick strikes and big leads. However, as you all witnessed today, apparently there is life in the old boy yet!

X

I personally don't want to see it here again, but that has always been my feeling on it. I like the spread offense. I HATE the WCO..............

Most spreads in college run the option <_<

There is a difference between just a plain option and one that has been changed to include more passing. The option we used to run was not good, but that could have been the coach as well. (Solich)

There is a difference between just a plain option and one that has been changed to include more passing. The option we used to run was not good, but that could have been the coach as well. (Solich)

You mean the one that won five national championships?

X

You mean the one that won five national championships?

X

Yeah, the same one you won't see winning any more national titles.