I never thought I'd say this, but can we just forfeit the rest of our games please.

I'm sure every college football team has some level of tradition. Hell, even USF probably has some kind of tradition, and they've been at it for what, 11 years?

Yep, you're right, I'm sure USF does have some kind of tradition. Of course, USF ranks number 117 on the NCAA all time wins list, whereas Colorado ranks 15th. Maybe it's just me, but I think there just MIGHT be some tiny shreds of history and tradition that Colorado has gained over USF during their additional 583 wins.

For the sake of providing a frame of reference, Nebraska ranks 3rd, Texas 4th, Oklahoma 8th, A&M 19th, Florida 27th, Miami 53rd, and Kansas State 91st.

It wasn't a knock on Colorado, lol. I'm sure Colorado has plenty of tradition since it's been around so long. But their tradition certainly isn't "storied" unless you live inside Colorado's borders. Nothing wrong with that, it's just how it is.

HEY I live in Colorado and I ain't seen no storied tradition in Boulder, the only people enamored with CU are the buffaloes. But lets just let em think their special,, after all their gonna kick our ass in a few weeks just like every one else in the big 12.

I'm sure every college football team has some level of tradition. Hell, even USF probably has some kind of tradition, and they've been at it for what, 11 years?

Yep, you're right, I'm sure USF does have some kind of tradition. Of course, USF ranks number 117 on the NCAA all time wins list, whereas Colorado ranks 15th. Maybe it's just me, but I think there just MIGHT be some tiny shreds of history and tradition that Colorado has gained over USF during their additional 583 wins.

For the sake of providing a frame of reference, Nebraska ranks 3rd, Texas 4th, Oklahoma 8th, A&M 19th, Florida 27th, Miami 53rd, and Kansas State 91st.

It wasn't a knock on Colorado, lol. I'm sure Colorado has plenty of tradition since it's been around so long. But their tradition certainly isn't "storied" unless you live inside Colorado's borders. Nothing wrong with that, it's just how it is.

HEY I live in Colorado and I ain't seen no storied tradition in Boulder, the only people enamored with CU are the buffaloes. But lets just let em think their special,, after all their gonna kick our ass in a few weeks just like every one else in the big 12.

Imagine if we lose all our games til that one and then manage to get a win there. That'd be hilarious.

If you want to talk tradition go to a random message board of some random team that will have CFB fans on it and ask if CU has a storied football tradition, I'm betting that 100% of the time you get a no.

And I'm betting that 100% of those fans would be dead wrong. See, this is one of those cases where perception in no way mirrors reality, that's kind of my point...

Hell the mirror you look into doesn't even mirror reality. :nutz Lets see, your great tradition is made up of one Heisman and one national championship. Sounds like our 2004 season. :lol: Yup, when me and my SC buddies are talking about the great football powers out there, Colorado is always at the top of the list. :corndance

Thanks for the laugh. Welcome to the board.

:thumbs:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Hello,

I am obviously new here, and yes, a dreaded CU fan - born and raised to bleed black and gold. I have been going to CU games since I was 3 years old, and I am now 42. My Dad went to CU, two of my brothers did as well, and my husband in CU alum. I went to the Colorado School of Mines who ironically gave CU their greatest loss in history over 100 years ago (I believe CU was confused and sent their soccer team to play football).

One would think that I would rejoice in seeing Nebraska having a hard go of it, especially having grown up during my "tender years" seeing CU get smashed year after year by you guys. I have to admit, in the past I did take a pleasure in watching NU get beat, especially when we became the BIG 12, but I overall like to see the big programs get beat now and again.

Now everything is upside-down. When the "Big Programs" go down it is fun for me for a few games, and then I don't enjoy it at all. Perhaps I am just a traditionalist. Watching ND in their current condition just makes me uncomfortable, in fact it makes me feel a little ill. I feel the same for Nebraska. If my family read this I would be banned for the Holidays, lol (although as the only female in the family, I guess they would miss the Thanksgiving feast I put on).

I am not saying I want to get back to the day where you smash the former Big 8 teams every year, but I want you to recover. CU is not a "program",as my husband and I have argued year-after-year with the rest of my family. The are an exciting team that sometimes does well.

This year is all upside-down as everyone knows. I remember when CU beat OU earlier thie season (too bad we did not build on that) that OU's National Championship hopes were over. Were they nuts???? Many one loss teams (especially those that lose earlier) end up in the National Championship.

It is a new day in college football for many reasons. It is such a "need it now" generation, that I am not sure that the big recruits (granted, I don't follow recruiting like I used to) go anywhere but where the teams are winning RIGHT NOW. The traditional programs don't automatically get them any more, hence ND, Mich, some of the Florida teams, and perhaps Nebraska.

Keep your heads up, and please keep going to the games. I would really send my college football world into a spin if I heard that you stopped having sell outs.

On a CU note, I really like Hawkins, dispite his early results. I think he gives the team heart, even if the talent is not there. They play with heart and beyond their talent, which is all the CU fans can ask at this point.

Good Luck the rest of the season, and know better days are ahead, especially with Dr. Tom back in the picture.

Lesle (CUlady)

In reply to the title of the topic..

I hear ya'

I don't remember EVER wanting a college Football season to end before..It's the only sport I have much patience for except for female mud rasslin', And hang out in Msg boards long before the season starts in anticipation of my favourite sporting season.

I feel for the Sr's...Especially Sam Keller, who was banking on Nebraska being an ideal place to win a MNC and further show his wares to the NFL..We need to support them and let them realize we still appreciate effort..even if it doesn't always translate to wins.

Lesle (CUlady)..

Thanks for the nice post..

...First and foremost, to the Sooner fan, I'd hardly lump Colorado in as a "traditional Big XII bottom dweller", as Colorado has won the Big XII North just as many times as Nebraska has, and has a Big XII title to boot. ... I wouldn't even call Mizzou a regular bottom dweller in the Big XII, as they've been consistently in the running for the North title for the past 7 years or so. And just for a moment, humor me, let's cover CU's so called lack of tradition:

The University of Colorado started playing football in 1884, 6 years before the University of Nebraska started playing football, and 6 years before the University of Oklahoma was even a University.

The Buffs rank 16th on the NCAA's all time win list and 22nd in all-time winning percentage.

Colorado has appeared in 27 bowl games.

Colorado holds 26 conference titles for football, including 5 Big 8 titles and 1 Big XII title.

Colorado has won 1 National Championship, and come within a game of winning 2 more (your Huskers ruined one of those "close" seasons in 1994)....

...really, just so we get this perfectly clear, THIS is EXACTLY why so many people are fed up with Huskers and Sooners fans. It's not because you're impolite (you're not) or because we're jealous of your schools (we're not) it's because you're so egregiously arrogant about your programs. We're all willing to admit that the Huskers and Sooners have had more success than our programs (with the exception of ND fans, who won't admit anything), so why are you folks so afraid to admit that our schools have storied traditions too? Or that our schools mean just as much to us as yours do to you? Arrogance, as they say, is a nasty smelling perfume.

Now, to answer the Husker guy's question, I'm on this board because I like getting all angles of information on the teams in the Big XII. I'm a CU fan first and foremost, but I'm also a college football fan, so I use these boards to keep myself informed (I regularly check the message boards for all the teams in the Big XII, even Baylor, so don't think you're getting special treatment here). I tend to only post when I feel it's either going to be funny or relevant, and I think if you look at the posts I've made in the past you'd agree that's exactly what I've done.

...but you guys have been talking about walking out on your team, leaving your seats empty at Memorial stadium, and as I understand it have been mercilessly booing your own players. Would this be happening at every other school in the country under the same circumstances? Probably, but you're not supposed to be like every other school in the country. You're supposed to be the best fans in college football, so either forfeit your title to someone else or START ACTING LIKE IT.

I have spoken my peace. Go Buffs.

sCrUmptious!

I appreciate your contributions here, and I also appreciate your Butfs.

I was having a little trouble remembering an example of one of your funny posts, but later in this thread, I saw a good example.. :LOLtartar ..Plus you seem to be more relevant than most Buff fans I've seen visit here...Quick question: "Colorado holds 26 conference titles for football, including 5 Big 8 titles and 1 Big XII title."

Where did you win the other 20?

I've considered BOTH OU and CU brothers since I started following Football that year we all won the trifecta 1971: 1) Nebraska ..2) Oklahoma...3) Colorado... 4) Alabama ...5}Penn State... 6)Who knows?

I've enjoyed visiting Boulder even though it's brew-pubs ruined me for regular beers. :cheers

You have to try to understand..Most Husker fans have only experienced success or at least moderate success.

Colorado has had great teams in the past, but the 3 or 4 "bad years" we've experienced, probably would've been an "average" or better season for you..Not a flame, just trying to illustrate the difference in our environments. Arrogance is UGLY, but in most cases..natural.

Keep 'em (the posts) coming! and good luck to OU and CU..We need to show these SWC teams who the heart of the conference really is.

At least we know that our next year's team can't possibly be this bad. We have hit the bottom of the gutter. We have to go up from here.

Come on, just when you think you can't get any lower, one of these idiots will grab a shovel!

Fire um all, let God sort them out!