I never thought I'd say this, but can we just forfeit the rest of our games please.

it's over. thankfully changes are on the way. the kids have no confidence in the coaches, zero..........

"Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

"Germans?"

"Forget it, he's rolling"

"And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough....the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

"What the f##k happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer -dead!"

:lol:

I agree. This team has gotten worse not better. Anyone think we'd beat Wake or even Ball State if we played them now? I guess a lot of it has to do with the players quiting on Cally and the staff. Just another reason to get rid of them now, rather than waiting until after the CU game.

Not to dis the players, but this thought crossed my mind seconds before I saw this thread.

They held it together in the first half and I thought maybe they had a winning attitude, but I am puzzled at the second half. Are they running out of gas? From comments I have read, I wonder how their conditioning is.

You guys are such babys. You have been rubbing peoples noses with all of this Husker BS for 40 years and now you are getting a dose of your own medicine and can't take it. Just think what it would be like if you were an Iowa State fan or a Missouri fan and have had your ass handed to you most of these past 30 years by the Cornhuskers. That would be something to cry about or want to forfeit. You so called great fans have a few bad seasons and you can't handle it. Grow up and start spreading your interests a little more. There are more important things in life rather than obsessing over what some 20-21 year olds do on a football field on a Saturday. Idiots!!!

I wouldn't use the same language, and I probably would have nixed the "Idiots!!!" that was thrown in there, but I've got to generally agree with what this guy said. For being "the best fans in college football", I have been anything but impressed by the way you guys have been acting and the things you guys have been saying over the past 3 weeks.

Welcome to reality, folks. Your program will certainly find its way back to national relevance, and probably sooner rather than later, but you're never again going to be as good as you were in the 90's. That level of play isn't possible anymore, so I'd suggest you get used to losing back to back games every now and again. It happens. Sticking with your team through losses is part of what being a fan is all about.

I'm not a Husker fan, I'm a Sooner, but allow me to take a crack at a response to both you and "Huskerhater" above. You see, Colorado, Missouri, Iowa State, Baylor and the rest of the traditional Big 12 bottom dwellers have never had a tradition of excellence as long and as storied as either OU or Nebraska. It's simply not the same thing when a Colorado or an Oklahoma State has a long dry spell like this, because no one really expects much from them in the first place. Nor should they. Face it, teams like Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC, etc., have a tradition that stretches back generations, and that's why people care so much when one of these traditional football giants stumbles for a few seasons. No one really gives a rip when a CU or Oklahoma State or some similar East Popcorn State type football program goes through years of losing seasons. Sorry, but it's just that simple.

Go Sooners!

Not to dis the players, but this thought crossed my mind seconds before I saw this thread.

They held it together in the first half and I thought maybe they had a winning attitude, but I am puzzled at the second half. Are they running out of gas? From comments I have read, I wonder how their conditioning is.

You guys are such babys. You have been rubbing peoples noses with all of this Husker BS for 40 years and now you are getting a dose of your own medicine and can't take it. Just think what it would be like if you were an Iowa State fan or a Missouri fan and have had your ass handed to you most of these past 30 years by the Cornhuskers. That would be something to cry about or want to forfeit. You so called great fans have a few bad seasons and you can't handle it. Grow up and start spreading your interests a little more. There are more important things in life rather than obsessing over what some 20-21 year olds do on a football field on a Saturday. Idiots!!!

I wouldn't use the same language, and I probably would have nixed the "Idiots!!!" that was thrown in there, but I've got to generally agree with what this guy said. For being "the best fans in college football", I have been anything but impressed by the way you guys have been acting and the things you guys have been saying over the past 3 weeks.

Welcome to reality, folks. Your program will certainly find its way back to national relevance, and probably sooner rather than later, but you're never again going to be as good as you were in the 90's. That level of play isn't possible anymore, so I'd suggest you get used to losing back to back games every now and again. It happens. Sticking with your team through losses is part of what being a fan is all about.

I'm not a Husker fan, I'm a Sooner, but allow me to take a crack at a response to both you and "Huskerhater" above. You see, Colorado, Missouri, Iowa State, Baylor and the rest of the traditional Big 12 bottom dwellers have never had a tradition of excellence as long and as storied as either OU or Nebraska. It's simply not the same thing when a Colorado or an Oklahoma State has a long dry spell like this, because no one really expects much from them in the first place. Nor should they. Face it, teams like Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC, etc., have a tradition that stretches back generations, and that's why people care so much when one of these traditional football giants stumbles for a few seasons. No one really gives a rip when a CU or Oklahoma State or some similar East Popcorn State type football program goes through years of losing seasons. Sorry, but it's just that simple.

Thanks you for putting it so eloquently.

And to HuskerHater and the CU guy. WTF are you doing wasting your time on this board. Oh yeah, you have NO hobby (a least for me, following Huskers is a hobby) and you have teams with NO tradition. So getting your asses kicked is not that big of deal to you.

If you want the cheer the Huskers downfall the season, I don't care, go do it. It is your right. Just go do it on your own teams boards. I didn't go to a single CU board last year when you went 2 - 10 and lost to a Montana State, and any Husker fan who did to rub it in is as classless as the two of you ass hats.

Alright, that's it! Gloves are off, it's GO TIME! (Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum!!!)

First and foremost, to the Sooner fan, I'd hardly lump Colorado in as a "traditional Big XII bottom dweller", as Colorado has won the Big XII North just as many times as Nebraska has, and has a Big XII title to boot. Baylor and Iowa State... okay, that's legit, but I wouldn't even call Mizzou a regular bottom dweller in the Big XII, as they've been consistently in the running for the North title for the past 7 years or so. And just for a moment, humor me, let's cover CU's so called lack of tradition:

The University of Colorado started playing football in 1884, 6 years before the University of Nebraska started playing football, and 6 years before the University of Oklahoma was even a University.

The Buffs rank 16th on the NCAA's all time win list and 22nd in all-time winning percentage.

Colorado has appeared in 27 bowl games.

Colorado holds 26 conference titles for football, including 5 Big 8 titles and 1 Big XII title.

Colorado has won 1 National Championship, and come within a game of winning 2 more (your Huskers ruined one of those "close" seasons in 1994).

There are 4 Colorado Buffaloes football players in the College Football Hall of Fame.

We have a Heisman Trophy on campus.

We also have the greatest mascot in all of college sports.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and say that the Buffs have had as much success as the Sooners or the Huskers, because clearly they haven't (thought I'm sure this post will solicit at least 10 "hay, how many tittles do u hav? Oh yah, 1. We have fiVe!!! LOL!!!"), but to say that Colorado has no football tradition is a bold faced lie. Of 119 Division I-A college football programs, 103 of them have fewer all time wins than the CU Buffs. That, in and of itself, is a mark of a storied program with or without the presence of all of our conference titles and bowl game appearances. And really, just so we get this perfectly clear, THIS is EXACTLY why so many people are fed up with Huskers and Sooners fans. It's not because you're impolite (you're not) or because we're jealous of your schools (we're not) it's because you're so egregiously arrogant about your programs. We're all willing to admit that the Huskers and Sooners have had more success than our programs (with the exception of ND fans, who won't admit anything), so why are you folks so afraid to admit that our schools have storied traditions too? Or that our schools mean just as much to us as yours do to you? Arrogance, as they say, is a nasty smelling perfume.

Now, to answer the Husker guy's question, I'm on this board because I like getting all angles of information on the teams in the Big XII. I'm a CU fan first and foremost, but I'm also a college football fan, so I use these boards to keep myself informed (I regularly check the message boards for all the teams in the Big XII, even Baylor, so don't think you're getting special treatment here). I tend to only post when I feel it's either going to be funny or relevant, and I think if you look at the posts I've made in the past you'd agree that's exactly what I've done. As far as this current situation is concerned, I have not been at all impressed with Nebraska's fans over the past few weeks, so I stated that plainly. I wasn't kicking at your program while it's down, nor was I dispensing any sort of ill-mannered smack, I was just stating what I've seen: The so-called "best fans in college football" acting like children, and providing their players with all of the support of a fishnet jock strap. Look, if Bill Callahan was my team's coach (god forbid), I'd be calling for his head too, but you guys have been talking about walking out on your team, leaving your seats empty at Memorial stadium, and as I understand it have been mercilessly booing your own players. Would this be happening at every other school in the country under the same circumstances? Probably, but you're not supposed to be like every other school in the country. You're supposed to be the best fans in college football, so either forfeit your title to someone else or START ACTING LIKE IT.

I have spoken my peace. Go Buffs.

Alright, that's it! Gloves are off, it's GO TIME! (Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum!!!)

First and foremost, to the Sooner fan, I'd hardly lump Colorado in as a "traditional Big XII bottom dweller", as Colorado has won the Big XII North just as many times as Nebraska has, and has a Big XII title to boot. Baylor and Iowa State... okay, that's legit, but I wouldn't even call Mizzou a regular bottom dweller in the Big XII, as they've been consistently in the running for the North title for the past 7 years or so. And just for a moment, humor me, let's cover CU's so called lack of tradition:

The University of Colorado started playing football in 1884, 6 years before the University of Nebraska started playing football, and 6 years before the University of Oklahoma was even a University.

The Buffs rank 16th on the NCAA's all time win list and 22nd in all-time winning percentage.

Colorado has appeared in 27 bowl games.

Colorado holds 26 conference titles for football, including 5 Big 8 titles and 1 Big XII title.

Colorado has won 1 National Championship, and come within a game of winning 2 more (your Huskers ruined one of those "close" seasons in 1994).

There are 4 Colorado Buffaloes football players in the College Football Hall of Fame.

We have a Heisman Trophy on campus.

We also have the greatest mascot in all of college sports.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and say that the Buffs have had as much success as the Sooners or the Huskers, because clearly they haven't (thought I'm sure this post will solicit at least 10 "hay, how many tittles do u hav? Oh yah, 1. We have fiVe!!! LOL!!!"), but to say that Colorado has no football tradition is a bold faced lie. Of 119 Division I-A college football programs, 103 of them have fewer all time wins than the CU Buffs. That, in and of itself, is a mark of a storied program with or without the presence of all of our conference titles and bowl game appearances. And really, just so we get this perfectly clear, THIS is EXACTLY why so many people are fed up with Huskers and Sooners fans. It's not because you're impolite (you're not) or because we're jealous of your schools (we're not) it's because you're so egregiously arrogant about your programs. We're all willing to admit that the Huskers and Sooners have had more success than our programs (with the exception of ND fans, who won't admit anything), so why are you folks so afraid to admit that our schools have storied traditions too? Or that our schools mean just as much to us as yours do to you? Arrogance, as they say, is a nasty smelling perfume.

Now, to answer the Husker guy's question, I'm on this board because I like getting all angles of information on the teams in the Big XII. I'm a CU fan first and foremost, but I'm also a college football fan, so I use these boards to keep myself informed (I regularly check the message boards for all the teams in the Big XII, even Baylor, so don't think you're getting special treatment here). I tend to only post when I feel it's either going to be funny or relevant, and I think if you look at the posts I've made in the past you'd agree that's exactly what I've done. As far as this current situation is concerned, I have not been at all impressed with Nebraska's fans over the past few weeks, so I stated that plainly. I wasn't kicking at your program while it's down, nor was I dispensing any sort of ill-mannered smack, I was just stating what I've seen: The so-called "best fans in college football" acting like children, and providing their players with all of the support of a fishnet jock strap. Look, if Bill Callahan was my team's coach (god forbid), I'd be calling for his head too, but you guys have been talking about walking out on your team, leaving your seats empty at Memorial stadium, and as I understand it have been mercilessly booing your own players. Would this be happening at every other school in the country under the same circumstances? Probably, but you're not supposed to be like every other school in the country. You're supposed to be the best fans in college football, so either forfeit your title to someone else or START ACTING LIKE IT.

I have spoken my peace. Go Buffs.

When I think of tradition one that comes to mind that I'm fond of is how CU fans like to damage opposing fans property and hurt fans by throwing batteries and beer cans, etc. If you want to talk tradition go to a random message board of some random team that will have CFB fans on it and ask if CU has a storied football tradition, I'm betting that 100% of the time you get a no. You don't have tradition just because you're a fan of the team and say you do, you have tradition when you are noted to have it nationally. An I think OU and NU each have that.....

If you want to talk tradition go to a random message board of some random team that will have CFB fans on it and ask if CU has a storied football tradition, I'm betting that 100% of the time you get a no.

And I'm betting that 100% of those fans would be dead wrong. See, this is one of those cases where perception in no way mirrors reality, that's kind of my point...

If you want to talk tradition go to a random message board of some random team that will have CFB fans on it and ask if CU has a storied football tradition, I'm betting that 100% of the time you get a no.

And I'm betting that 100% of those fans would be dead wrong. See, this is one of those cases where perception in no way mirrors reality, that's kind of my point...

Well you hold onto your tradition and cherish it for what it's worth. NU will be known for it's football tradition and Cu will always be known for it's treatment of fans and maybe a few winning seasons. My point is that tradition has to do with being noted for it, and you are the only one that notes your program for it. Sure you can say you have tradition, congratulations but if no one else thinks so you're stuck thinking about how great your tradition is. So if no one else would acknowledge it, which you didn't seem to object to, then it's obvious what it means. You may have been around for longer but you can keep your tradition and NU will keep it's. If it walks liek a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be a duck (the duck in this case being a percieved CU football tradition by a biased CU fan) that's why I said go ask unbiased people instead of NU or CU people and they will tell you the truth instead of you believing what you have put into your head and trying to rationalize it on another teams message board. Good luck the rest of the season though, I kind of like Hawkins...

I'm sure every college football team has some level of tradition. Hell, even USF probably has some kind of tradition, and they've been at it for what, 11 years?

Yep, you're right, I'm sure USF does have some kind of tradition. Of course, USF ranks number 117 on the NCAA all time wins list, whereas Colorado ranks 15th. Maybe it's just me, but I think there just MIGHT be some tiny shreds of history and tradition that Colorado has gained over USF during their additional 583 wins.

For the sake of providing a frame of reference, Nebraska ranks 3rd, Texas 4th, Oklahoma 8th, A&M 19th, Florida 27th, Miami 53rd, and Kansas State 91st.

I'm sure every college football team has some level of tradition. Hell, even USF probably has some kind of tradition, and they've been at it for what, 11 years?

Yep, you're right, I'm sure USF does have some kind of tradition. Of course, USF ranks number 117 on the NCAA all time wins list, whereas Colorado ranks 15th. Maybe it's just me, but I think there just MIGHT be some tiny shreds of history and tradition that Colorado has gained over USF during their additional 583 wins.

For the sake of providing a frame of reference, Nebraska ranks 3rd, Texas 4th, Oklahoma 8th, A&M 19th, Florida 27th, Miami 53rd, and Kansas State 91st.

It wasn't a knock on Colorado, lol. I'm sure Colorado has plenty of tradition since it's been around so long. But their tradition certainly isn't "storied" unless you live inside Colorado's borders. Nothing wrong with that, it's just how it is.

Hell the mirror you look into doesn't even mirror reality. :nutz Lets see, your great tradition is made up of one Heisman and one national championship. Sounds like our 2004 season. :lol: Yup, when me and my SC buddies are talking about the great football powers out there, Colorado is always at the top of the list. :corndance

Thanks for the laugh. Welcome to the board.