I am I

Do you guys think he should step down now? Seriously. Consider his options:

1. Football coaches usually aren't quitters

2. He has a family to feed

3. He isn't being forced out (yet)

4. Maybe, just maybe they can win a few games and end on an up note

5. Perhaps Osborne will keep him and try to help him turn things around

6. He has a pretty good recruiting class coming in

7. Despite all the criticism, these are still his players and he owes them his utmost

Now here's what I think:

1. We have been and WILL BE around longer than him (i have kids and they will be Husker fans)

2. If he quits now, at least we can look forward, as fans at least

3. Let's start getting this mess sorted out so we can get help kids decide what they're going to do

4. None of us can stomach passion-less play from a team coached by him anymore

5. it would do Osborne a favor

6. He refuses to fire Cosgrove. Even though, as an offensive coach, he 'helped out' this week on defense. (grow some nuts Callahan and show us you're trying to make a difference)

7. The man who hired him is gone, the writing is on the wall. He has ruined every record we hold dear and this phase of our program is failed. it's over, period.

Based on these beer induced reasons, is it REALLY prudent that Callahan step down. You know he doesn't care what us fans think of him negatively, so he presses on. But with everything that has happened the last couple weeks, and trying to be as unemotional as you can, do you think he owes the State of Nebraska his resignation?

Here's my beer-induced logic for wating til the end of the season...even though I'm pretty fed up...

1) This season is lost anyway...althought it doesn't mean I'll be cheering any less than any other Saturday...

2) Even if it weren't...bringing in a coach from outside wouldn't inspire our team any more than BC can (which isn't much)...

3) A transition post-season would be more easily integrated by our existing players and our '08 recruits...

I'm comparing the two options...and I don't thing we get anything out of terminating BC early, other than emotional satisfaction....

i'm just trying to put myself in his shoes. would you just QUIT your job because some (1.7 million is a lot, yes) people don't like you?

just trying to be a little practical here. i wake up every day and think i will hear an announcement that he has stepped down or fired cosgrove, but really...this is his livelihood and he probably has some self-respect.

don't f'ing call me an idiot.

millions can disappear if your UNEMPLOYED.

he has taxes, an agent, cars, mortgages, kids college, retirement, accountants, to pay for, especially with no job prospects. all that sh#t ain't cheap. not to mention a lifestyle he's become accustomed to.

everyone wants to work dumbass. why doesn't Jack Nicholson just retire? he has millions.

i'm just trying to put myself in his shoes. would you just QUIT your job because some (1.7 million is a lot, yes) people don't like you?

just trying to be a little practical here. i wake up every day and think i will hear an announcement that he has stepped down or fired cosgrove, but really...this is his livelihood and he probably has some self-respect.

In his shoes, I would've fired Cosgrove at halftime last week.

What rubs people the wrong way is that he fails to admit he does anything wrong ("I'm doing a great job.")

When he's winning, he's confidence is great, but when things go awry, it must be bad luck, or poor effort by the players, or the stars aligned against him...

yeah, as long as he's here i guess he needs to give 100%.

i just think for all of us fans it would be a huge breath of fresh air. wishful thinking i guess.

they wouldn't need to bring in a guy from outside...just an interim guy so the Callahan era will be officially over.

don't f'ing call me an idiot.

millions can disappear if your UNEMPLOYED.

he has taxes, an agent, cars, mortgages, kids college, retirement, accountants, to pay for, especially with no job prospects. all that sh#t ain't cheap. not to mention a lifestyle he's become accustomed to.

everyone wants to work dumbass. why doesn't Jack Nicholson just retire? he has millions.

I believe BC is a decent person and really wants to do a decent job, but like so many really smart people, he looks down on everyone else and their ideas....

...its not about the money at all...it's about professional pride....he's accumulated enough $$$....he's smart and wants to prove he's smarter than everyone else...

what he doesnt realize is that if your players can't tackle or block, it doesn't matter how superior your game plan is....

well, seasons already over, so it doesn't matter at this point when he leaves- the damage is done. The only thing he owes is to own up to ruining an awesome program and leave at the end of the season, 'cause that's a given, no doubt.

Oh, plus what he'll owe a moving company to "help him along".

Do they play college football in Siberia????

that's what i was getting at. for him, it's pride now. but for us we just want him gone.

I believe BC is a decent person and really wants to do a decent job, but like so many really smart people, he looks down on everyone else and their ideas....

...its not about the money at all...it's about professional pride....he's accumulated enough $$$....he's smart and wants to prove he's smarter than everyone else...

what he doesnt realize is that if your players can't tackle or block, it doesn't matter how superior your game plan is....

I guess I don't think he owes Husker fans a resignation in the middle of the season. He just owes us his best effort as long as he's here.

:yeah

You are not going to pull a coach with any real ethics from their current team.... mid season! This staff needs serious help but not to be canned mid season. The progam needs to wait until a viable option is available. Mid season works for no one..

but it makes a statement. unlike the one Callahan refuses to make by not firing Cosgrove.

if he would have fired Coz, I for one, would be less harsh cuz I would see he's recongnizes a huge problem and isnt afraid to fix it. By him not resigning it's just more of the same.

Any one of our assistants could get us through the rest of the season with losses.