Does Callahan owe it to Nebraskans?

I am I

but it makes a statement. unlike the one Callahan refuses to make by not firing Cosgrove.

if he would have fired Coz, I for one, would be less harsh cuz I would see he's recongnizes a huge problem and isnt afraid to fix it. By him not resigning it's just more of the same.

Any one of our assistants could get us through the rest of the season with losses.

I think BC doesn't fire anyone because he knows they'll be gone at the end of the season- he'll let the university do the deed for him, scoring "buddy" points with Cos.

don't f'ing call me an idiot.

millions can disappear if your UNEMPLOYED.

he has taxes, an agent, cars, mortgages, kids college, retirement, accountants, to pay for, especially with no job prospects. all that sh#t ain't cheap. not to mention a lifestyle he's become accustomed to.

everyone wants to work dumbass. why doesn't Jack Nicholson just retire? he has millions.

Jack Nicholson is now in our conversation? Dude, Jack Nicholson?

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t

Yeah I really feel for Callahan, being that his financial-situation must be tight. :sarcasm

millions can disappear if your UNEMPLOYED.

he has taxes, an agent, cars, mortgages, kids college, retirement, accountants, to pay for, especially with no job prospects. all that sh#t ain't cheap. not to mention a lifestyle he's become accustomed to.

everyone wants to work dumbass. why doesn't Jack Nicholson just retire? he has millions.

Man, though. If Callahan's monetary status is in question...you just scared the piss out of me considering mine (relatively).

yeah, just saying lots of sh#t is old and rich and needs to be put to rest, but most people like to work and do their job.

Most people like to do their job and feel good about their weekend release...that just isn't happening here right now...

Man, though. If Callahan's monetary status is in question...you just scared the piss out of me considering mine (relatively).

better open that Roth IRA. :lol: but you don't have agents and luxury cars to pay for i assume? he probably makes about 55-60% of his actual salary after it's all said and done. (which is still very nice, but he's only 50 something probably will live for another 30 years or so.)

my point is he's a grown man with a family. most people don't voluntarily give up their jobs.

But in this case, I actually think it's warranted.

better open that Roth IRA. :lol: but you don't have agents and luxury cars to pay for i assume? he probably makes about 55-60% of his actual salary after it's all said and done. (which is still very nice, but he's only 50 something probably will live for another 30 years or so.)

my point is he's a grown man with a family. most people don't voluntarily give up their jobs.

But in this case, I actually think it's warranted.

He doesn't have to pay for agents and cars. Once he gets rid of everything and can't afford food, then I'll feel sorry for him the same way I'd feel sorry for any other human being.

all i wanted was someone to say, "Bill should step down because he ruined our program along with Pederson."

or "No, he should finish the year in humiliation and be forced out."

f#*k the money!! How do you feel as a Nebraskan getting screwed by a guy who won't step up and do what I (and probably most of you would do) would do and leave a completely unsavory situation.

and BTW, I bet you he pays at least 10% to an agent. at least 15% to taxes. and has a lawyer (10%) and an accountant (5%). That leaves him with 60% net income. Minus food, cellphone, kids' cars, savings, etc...

f#*k the money!! How do you feel as a Nebraskan getting screwed by a guy who won't step up and do what I (and probably most of you would do) would do and leave a completely unsavory situation.

I know I wouldn't leave until asked to leave by the AD (assuming I liked the job, which I think Callahan does). I'd try to do my best until I was fired. And I do believe he's trying, I think he's just got absolutely no idea how to fix this situation.

I'd try to do my best until I was fired. And I do believe he's trying, I think he's just got absolutely no idea how to fix this situation.

thank you. that's what i think too.

so to calm the fire burning inside the deepest recesses of my soul i will begin the countdown until it's over....32 days (assuming no bowl and a day or two after Colorado)

Do you guys think he should step down now? Seriously. Consider his options:

1. Football coaches usually aren't quitters

2. He has a family to feed

3. He isn't being forced out (yet)

4. Maybe, just maybe they can win a few games and end on an up note

5. Perhaps Osborne will keep him and try to help him turn things around

6. He has a pretty good recruiting class coming in

7. Despite all the criticism, these are still his players and he owes them his utmost

Now here's what I think:

1. We have been and WILL BE around longer than him (i have kids and they will be Husker fans)

2. If he quits now, at least we can look forward, as fans at least

3. Let's start getting this mess sorted out so we can get help kids decide what they're going to do

4. None of us can stomach passion-less play from a team coached by him anymore

5. it would do Osborne a favor

6. He refuses to fire Cosgrove. Even though, as an offensive coach, he 'helped out' this week on defense. (grow some nuts Callahan and show us you're trying to make a difference)

7. The man who hired him is gone, the writing is on the wall. He has ruined every record we hold dear and this phase of our program is failed. it's over, period.

Based on these beer induced reasons, is it REALLY prudent that Callahan step down. You know he doesn't care what us fans think of him negatively, so he presses on. But with everything that has happened the last couple weeks, and trying to be as unemotional as you can, do you think he owes the State of Nebraska his resignation?

Good points I amI. :) I think TO has no choice but to fire him. He's lost these kids. If we keep him around for next year they still won't play for him. We need new blood that will bring in energy,intensity,enthusiasm, and a will to win. These kids will once again enjoy football. :)