Tom Shatel calls for Bill Callahan to resign

coacheshotseat.com also says that a hippo would win 7 of the games this year if it was coach....not sure what difference this makes but thought I would share it. Sorry if it is copyrighted material but I did reference and I will provide a link as well. At least I didn't start a new thread for this dumb post. I'm pretty ashamed now that I am posting it because I'm bored.....

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/HippopotamusStandards2007.htm

coacheshotseat.com also says that a hippo would win 7 of the games this year if it was coach....not sure what difference this makes but thought I would share it. Sorry if it is copyrighted material but I did reference and I will provide a link as well. At least I didn't start a new thread for this dumb post. I'm pretty ashamed now that I am posting it because I'm bored.....

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/HippopotamusStandards2007.htm

I enjoyed your post... :clap

Man.. I would really like to read that WHOLE article. I friggin' HATE the OWH, but always LOVED Shatel when I lived there. I was SOOOOO disappointed when they moved him to the pay site. I refuse to pay for the OWH, but I really miss Shatel. Can someone PM his article? Puleese? I'm stranded down here in Sooner land and would really get a charge out of reading it.

Thanks

Blutch in OKC

I read the article today -- essentially Shatel asks BC to do everyone a favor and resign. While I do think BC is done at NU, I doubt he will resign -- I could be mistaken, but I don't think technically a resignation automatically results in a contract buyout. I believe a coach or anyone in a contractual position has to be fired from a legal perspective to trigger a buyout clause in a contract. So they'll dance in a few weeks, or days, TO will fire BC but BC can say he "resigned" and NU will buy him out. From a PR perspective the university will probably want it to look like "the best for everyone."

I read the article today -- essentially Shatel asks BC to do everyone a favor and resign. While I do think BC is done at NU, I doubt he will resign -- I could be mistaken, but I don't think technically a resignation automatically results in a contract buyout. I believe a coach or anyone in a contractual position has to be fired from a legal perspective to trigger a buyout clause in a contract. So they'll dance in a few weeks, or days, TO will fire BC but BC can say he "resigned" and NU will buy him out. From a PR perspective the university will probably want it to look like "the best for everyone."

I expect they'll come to some kind of arrangement. He probably won't get the full amount, but it will be worth his while to pack up his shitwagon and head out west.

x

I expect they'll come to some kind of arrangement. He probably won't get the full amount, but it will be worth his while to pack up his shitwagon and head out west.

x

"Shitwagon?!?!"

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

And since the World Herald doesn't publish his columns for non-paying users I figured I'd type the last few paragraphs...

----------------

Deleted by Mods - Do NOT post copyright material on the board.

I don't get why you can't quote an article from a public newspaper??????? Please tell me why? He isn't copying and pasting or plaguerizing the article, he referenced. I hardly think OWH would sue for this....

yeah, I was just reading the rules and am not sure what I did wrong. I cited author (Shatel), source (Omaha World Herald), and date (today)...

?

Also, I don't have a paid membership to their site either, which it may have sounded like I didnt in my orinigal post. I was just pointing out that you can't view the column online. But I typed it from the newspaper I have sitting next to me.

The reason they don't allow non-paying individuals to read it on-line is just for that purpose - to protect ir from being "cut-and-pasted".

If we were to get highly technical, cutting-and-pasting from any newspaper - without their permission - is an infringement on their copyright. We aren't quite that heavy handed. But we do honor their intent, when it is clear that they are trying to protect their material.

And since the World Herald doesn't publish his columns for non-paying users I figured I'd type the last few paragraphs...

----------------

I don't get why you can't quote an article from a public newspaper??????? Please tell me why? He isn't copying and pasting or plaguerizing the article, he referenced. I hardly think OWH would sue for this....

yeah, I was just reading the rules and am not sure what I did wrong. I cited author (Shatel), source (Omaha World Herald), and date (today)...

?

Also, I don't have a paid membership to their site either, which it may have sounded like I didnt in my orinigal post. I was just pointing out that you can't view the column online. But I typed it from the newspaper I have sitting next to me.

The reason they don't allow non-paying individuals to read it on-line is just for that purpose - to protect ir from being "cut-and-pasted".

If we were to get highly technical, cutting-and-pasting from any newspaper - without their permission - is an infringement on their copyright. We aren't quite that heavy handed. But we do honor their intent, when it is clear that they are trying to protect their material.

Ya, I also write scientific articles for publication in graduate school and do not subscribe to certain journals therefore I can use interlibrary loan (Pay a small fee for the paper, like $1.00, just like at a newspaper stand) and then I can quote away and reference and I will never be punished by the governing bodies of science. Someone who has a subscription or bought one out of a newspaper stand has any right in the world to share a thought when it is referenced properly. Sorry, I'm not buying your argument but I've been well versed in plaguerizm and this is not it. But you are the admin and I'm not going to win this one.

----------------

?

Ya, I also write scientific articles for publication in graduate school and do not subscribe to certain journals therefore I can use interlibrary loan (Pay a small fee for the paper, like $1.00, just like at a newspaper stand) and then I can quote away and reference and I will never be punished by the governing bodies of science. Someone who has a subscription or bought one out of a newspaper stand has any right in the world to share a thought when it is referenced properly. Sorry, I'm not buying your argument but I've been well versed in plaguerizm and this is not it. But you are the admin and I'm not going to win this one.

Which would be relevant if the issue was plagiarism - but it's not. It's copyright. All newspapers copyright their material - and use of such material requires permission from the copyright holder.

As for the inter-library loan, I would suspect that the material there - if copyrighted - is provided to specifically permit the person paying the fee to utilize the material.

----------------

?

Which would be relevant if the issue was plagiarism - but it's not. It's copyright. All newspapers copyright their material - and use of such material requires permission from the copyright holder.

As for the inter-library loan, I would suspect that the material there - if copyrighted - is provided to specifically permit the person paying the fee to utilize the material.

Fair enough, it is copyrighted material but I am splitting hairs and I'm done arguing. Keep on keeping on Mr. AR