the rumor mill problem

I would have thought that people might have got the message on Wednesday, when Charlie McBride called into BS590 pissed off because of the rumor that he would be announced as the next head coach later that evening.

I realize that people are anxious as to what the future will bring in Lincoln, but c'mon people but these coaching rumors, that have been spread since last Tuesday, amount to nothing less than an accusation that Tom Osborne is a liar. TO has always been a straight shooter, and he said last Tuesday that there won't be any head coaching changes until the end of the season. This decision makes complete sense folks. You think things are bad now, what do you think will happen if the coaching staff (or even just a couple) are fired mid season?

People, people, people, take a chill pill. Please don't tell me you actually thought that a change at AD (even though it's to T.O. himself) was going to make much of a difference on the field this season. I know it's a bitter pill to take, but realize that this season is in the toilet and there's absolutely nothing that can be done to salvage it. Relax, wait until the end of the season to see what changes T.O. makes, and trust that he's making the right decisions.

The problem with asking people who wait on baited breath for football season to start every year and who's entire week's mood is determined by a Husker game's outcome to relax with all these "rumors" is that its the only thing we have going right now. Who cares about anything else? Is this team getting better? No. Are we getting a chance to see what the future will bring by seeing more young guys on the field? No. Can we spend our time speculating on what bowl trip we'll be making this year? Absolutely not.

Bottom line...the only thing that diehard Husker fans have to hang their hats onto right now is the speculation that exists with a probable coaching change. For many, this season is over and next year is already weighing heavy on our minds...

For the record, I do agree with you that things will most definitely get worse if coaches leave mid-season, but c'mon...at this point, what's the difference between losing a game by 30 and losing a game by 22?

I love the rumor mill!! The absolute best part is when media hacks use it as NEWS *cough* and go nuts, and report that Steve Spurrier is in Lincoln...or that Marth Stewart is coming out with a new line of jail uniforms - Paris Hilton and Lawrence Phillips are slated to be signing on as models...

There should be an IQ test for journalists, as well as a comprehensive examination on CHECKING SOURCES.

In here, though, ANYTHING goes. No, Lawrence Phillips isn't really signing on...

EDIT - FrustratedFan, your sig is f'in HILLARIOUS!!