Why did Fran go for two?

I just could never imagine TO or Solich doing it....but then again, no one would have done it to them, either--not even Switzer. I just think there was too much respect given.

I recall a NU-KU game a few years back when Tommy O was coaching, I remember it being something like 70-0 and good ole' TO went for two.

Maybe it wasn't quite 70-0, but I do remember it being nowhere near close.

That was 1984 I think. I don't recall TO going for 2 though in that game. :)

You can't compare schedules with CU, anybody who knows college football knows CU ducks nobody and always plays tough schedules. Montna St. was only the second D 1 aa team CU has played ever. I'm a husker fan but I respect Hawkins, one program is moving up and ours is still going down.

Makes no difference...a D1-A school should never lose to a D1-AA school. That is probably the most embarrassing thing ever. CU will forever have that tag. Just ask Mechicken. :)

Not after App ST. Embarrassing is wondering whether or not to tear down the goal post when you beat usc, embarrassing is in year 4 with all these highly ranked recruiting classes getting blown out at home by unranked teams. CU a year later beat OU ranked #3, who would of blown us out like everyone else has. Everyone knew CU was going to struggle last year.

I know this was posted after the game, and I didn't get a chance to read/hear any post-game press conference, but was the question ever asked of Coach Fran as to why he went for two? Just curious.

Because he knows how great our offense is and it can strike fast so he wanted to make sure we couldn't come back on him.

:sarcasm

I know this was posted after the game, and I didn't get a chance to read/hear any post-game press conference, but was the question ever asked of Coach Fran as to why he went for two? Just curious.

I was wondering that myself. The only thing I can think of is that if we were somehow able to score 3 touchdowns then we would have to kick a field goal for a tie if they made the two point conversion.

because Fran is an idiot. he never seems to know when it's appropriate to go for a 2 pt conversion. this has been a sore point for a lot of aggies about fran.

for what it's worth, the majority of aggies think it was completely unnecessary for fran to go for the 2 on saturday, and it was very classless.

i've heard he went for 2 because he just wanted the practice. the guys don't get to practice it much.

either way, i still think it looked bad. up 22 points with 5 minutes left in the game? kick the PAT and be done with it.

I was wondering that myself. The only thing I can think of is that if we were somehow able to score 3 touchdowns then we would have to kick a field goal for a tie if they made the two point conversion.

I agree that that is what he was thinking.... even though it's pretty stupid thinking. Then again, Fran isn't known as a great intellectual or a good decision maker.