Will Bill Callahan get fired today?

Right now, I'm not too worried about beating Texas, although I would love that, even if it meant Callahan staying until the end of the year. I hate Texas that much.

I would love to beat Texas too, but I just watched a team with a marginal defense and a 3 play offense beat us at home. A&M will have a hard time beating any of the teams left on their schedule.

The Texas D is a little on the soft side this year, but they have more than 3 plays on offense. If we're lucky they will hand the ball off and keep the score down. I've never gone into a game without thinking we had a chance until this week.

In Austin, TU will easily score over 40 on this NU team. BC will run the ball to try and eat the clock to keep the score down like he did at Oklahoma. But it won't work unless Castille has 30 carries.

No, unfortunately he is still going to be around til the end of the season. T.O said that is what is going to happen and he is a man that lives up to his word.

I doubt that Callahan would just quit because then he wouldn't get the contract buyout, if he stays and gets fired, then we have to pay the over $3 million buyout.

Maybe if we just keep repeating what we want over and over again (Callahan to be fired/resign this week), it will happen? <_<

TO said no coaching changes until the end of the season, and I believe him for several reasons:

1) If we fire Callahan or he resigns before the end of the season, it doesn't give us a head start in the coaching search, since most schools won't allow us to have official talks with their coaches until the end of the season anyway.

2) Firing the current coaching staff without having a real replacement would be a recruiting disaster. Most of the current recruits are waiting to see what happens. I know we all want to think that TO can save the recruiting class, but he can't do it without a head coach. No kid wants to commit to a school without a head coach.

We all want answers now instead of having to wait until after CU, but reality is that we won't know anything until at least the week after the CU game.

Cally will definitely "resign" either after CU. If its a bad enough loss it would not surprise me if it happens after Texas (if its a blowout). He will not get "fired" and TO is not lying to everyone. The coaching staff is waiting for their buy outs. It looks alot better if a coach resigns as opposed to getting fired so that will be what happens. UNL will try and do right by Callahan (not like Solich) and not smear his name so he doesnt do the same to us. There are lots of ifs in this situation but its going to happen. He has worn out his welcome here and I wouldnt be surprised if his good buddy Gruden doesnt have a spot for him waiting.

1) If we fire Callahan or he resigns before the end of the season, it doesn't give us a head start in the coaching search, since most schools won't allow us to have official talks with their coaches until the end of the season anyway.

I dont believe there are regulations about talking to coaches during the season. Its not considered proper but unless the coaches have it in their contracts there is no obligation to talk to the school before the coach. Its not like the NFL (something not like the NFL in Lincoln....im shocked :sarcasm )

If I am wrong someone please correct me but I seem to remember something about this being said on ESPN radio once.

Nope, I don't see it. TO said he was going to wait and, if nothing else, that man has patience! Unless he has someone lined up, it won't happen.

A week from now if we're all here after a 63-3 pummeling by Texas (god I hope not) he'll be gone next Monday. Someone said for some reason he wanted to stay to play Texas..why who knows nice ending point for your disastrious career at Nebraska.

A week from now if we're all here after a 63-3 pummeling by Texas (god I hope not) he'll be gone next Monday. Someone said for some reason he wanted to stay to play Texas..why who knows nice ending point for your disastrious career at Nebraska.

Maybe he wants to join the UT staff.

Brown is always looking for someone who can can show him up at under using talent and become the next scape goat.