WILL NEW COACH BRING OPTION BACK

It is weird watching Nebraska running a west coast offense and a swiss cheese defense.

I hope the new coach embraces Nebraska tradition, option football, walkon program, blackshirt defense, and Nebraska tradition.

The Big 12 needs a strong Nebraska, a rejuvenated Colorado, and a dominant Texas A&M for the Big 12 to return to national prominence.

Hope you guys get a good guy and with Dr Tom in charge I would't have any worries about that.

gig em!

It is weird watching Nebraska running a west coast offense and a swiss cheese defense.

I hope the new coach embraces Nebraska tradition, option football, walkon program, blackshirt defense, and Nebraska tradition.

The Big 12 needs a strong Nebraska, a rejuvenated Colorado, and a dominant Texas A&M for the Big 12 to return to national prominence.

Hope you guys get a good guy and with Dr Tom in charge I would't have any worries about that.

gig em!

The spread option perhaps. The triple option no. We have to be able to pass and pass well when it counts if we are behind. The spread allows you to do this. The triple does not. :)

I say no to bringing back the same offense we had from 1970 to 2002. If you want to bring back the option, bring it back in some form of the spread. We aren't going back to the maryland I. At least I hope we aren't.

Actually didn't TO switch to the option in about 1977? Before that they passed more with QBs such as Humm and Ferragamo.

Good call, my bad. Didn't mean to lump it all together like that.

gig em!

The spread option perhaps. The triple option no. We have to be able to pass and pass well when it counts if we are behind. The spread allows you to do this. The triple does not. :)

I think USC passes a lot out of the I. If you've got a couple good backs who can catch and make yards, a TE like Hill, and a couple recievers, I think you could use the formation for an effective passing game. Run slants in the man coverage or something. Granted, the idea of a running game is to not let yourself GET behind in the first place.

X

I say no to bringing back the same offense we had from 1970 to 2002. If you want to bring back the option, bring it back in some form of the spread. We aren't going back to the maryland I. At least I hope we aren't.

I agree if we are going to bring back the option need to have a similar offense to West Virginia and Florida. They run the spread option with a lot of zone read stuff. That will work great as long as we have a good athletic QB, that can make smart decisions.