Marlon Lucky

Johny Rogers wasn't a RB. He did play one game at I-Back in his career. Rogers was a WR.

Johnny Rogers was not a WR, he was a wingback in the power I and spread offense. He played WR, WB and TB in the 1973 Orange Bowl against Notre Dame and scored from each position.

Same thing in that Offense. He was a reciever primarily. They had a SE to one side and a WB on the other side most the time. They did not have a position called WR in that offense. They also were considered a passing team for those days.

For the record i just want to say I have thought Lucky was a good back from the day he committed and i still think he is.

And what's all this talk about getting purify the ball more often i agree it would be nice if he was thrown to more often but, the last time i looked at a stat sheet the only one on the entire team that had more catches than him was Lucky.

Marlon had over 100 yards rushing yesterday against a good Texas team.

How many attempts did it take him to get them 100 yards????????

Marlon was the third back to rush for over 100 yards against Texas this year. The other 2 are Kevin Smith(leading rusher in the NCAA) and DeMarco Murray. Texas is a top 10-15 team against the run allowing less than 100 yards per game total rushing. Yep, you're right, awful game, awful running back. :sarcasm

I remember when debating with people was a challenge.

I have to say that I'm a little confused to hear someone say that Lucky is not a gamebreaker. I think he is one of the few players on the team that could take it to the house from anywhere on the field. The only other guy that gets regular playing time that can do this is Hardy. I know Sean Hill did score from 70+ yards but I don't think that is the same, although he didn't get caught from behind. :wacko:

I think we should use Lucky like USC used Bush, get him into the open field and let him work. I don't think Bush was or is a great running back in a typical sense, I think the same about Lucky. I do like what Lucky brings to the table but I don't think we are using him to his full potential.

Helu may be able to do this once he gets a little more confidence. I love the way Castille runs the ball (when he holds onto it)but he won't be a back that scores on long runs regularly, I'm not sure he has the speed. Of coure, I have been wrong once before, I think.

please don't ever ever compare lucky to bush, compare lucky to cody glenn or other inefficient non game breaking backs.

show me 1 clip of him shakin anybody hes slow he cant break tackles and hes the huskers leading receiver he should be breaking records.

Uh, he is breaking records. Did you check the first post in this thread?

If I had the time, I'd compile clips of Marlon breaking tackles. Like I said, he isn't a bruiser but to say that any time he gets touched he goes down is just plain inaccurate. Maybe you are thinking of Josh Davis? :corndance