Marlon Lucky

Statistically speaking, Jamal Lord was near the top here at NU. How many consider him when thinking of great NU QB's? I'm not ragging on Lucky. He is the best all purpose back we have. All I'm saying is that a record for receiving yards by a RB probably isn't a huge deal considering we ran a power running attack for several decades. In terms of proof of favoring Lucky over Jackson I have none other than an observation last year when Lucky got the nod over Jackson even though Jackson was performing much much better.

man who crapped in your cereal? the guy gets ripped apart by some on the board.... I dont hear anyone saying "its a team game" but whe he breaks records....

this poor kid cant win

I'm sorry, I guess it goes without saying that its a team game every snap of every game....breaking records or not. But I'll be sure to post that I believe it's a team game with every statement I make.

if it goes without saying, then why did you say it? so then are you saying your post was pointless? I would have to agree with you if thats the case

Exactly. Quick...for all Lucky fanatics out there...how many 100 yard RUSHING games has he had in his career? Now...of those handful of games...how many would you consider as "Good" defenses. Oh...and it's a team game.

By the way, since he is a RUNNING back, here are his 100 yard games:

2007: Nevada 233, Ball State 102, Iowa State 107

2006: Nicholls State 103, Troy 156

2005: None (Had Cory Ross)

Exactly. Quick...for all Lucky fanatics out there...how many 100 yard RUSHING games has he had in his career? Now...of those handful of games...how many would you consider as "Good" defenses. Oh...and it's a team game.

By the way, since he is a RUNNING back, here are his 100 yard games:

2007: Nevada 233, Ball State 102, Iowa State 107

2006: Nicholls State 103, Troy 156

2005: None (Had Cory Ross)

So since he is a RUNNING back you can’t look at his all purpose yards? That is awesome. He is an All Purpose Back. This year he has had over 100 all purpose yards 6 of 8 games. Last year he had 5 of 14 games with 2 games right around 90 yards. (that is sharing plays with B-Jax as well.) Maybe those are the only teams that he has had a chance to get RUSHING yards against because the line can’t push the “good” defenses around. Look at the total game rushing and RECEIVING not just one aspect of it.

With the logic of RUNNING backs only being known for RUSHING yards, does that mean when people look at Frost, Crouch, Lord, Frazier, Brad Smith, Vince Young, Ell Roberson, Vick, Pat White, Hagen, Gedowski, Alex Smith, Tebow, etc. they should only look at PASSING yards since they are QUARTERBACKS? I mean the main thing for a QB is to throw the ball.

Fine. I'm done arguing it. You think Lucky is a superstar. I think he is an average/servicable back. Move on.

I don't know if his point was that he's a "superstar" His point was that he's quietly becoming statistically one of the best players to play at NU.

Marlon is an average player, who is going to break records simply because of the amount of time he has been here. Its like Bret Meyer at ISU, the only reason he is second in career passing yards in the NCAA is because he has started for four years not because he is good. What took Meyer 4 years to get to, took someone else 2 or 3 years. Same holds true for Marlon. The simple fact is, Lucky will never have a big game agianst a big time opponent. He will break the records and good for him, but it is because he has been practically starting since he was a freshman, not because he is the best back or player NU has seen.

Its like Bret Meyer at ISU, the only reason he is second in career passing yards in the NCAA is because he has started for four years not because he is good. What took Meyer 4 years to get to, took someone else 2 or 3 years.

2nd in career passing in the NCAA? Might wanna look that up man, he is nooooooooooooowhere even close to that.

Its like Bret Meyer at ISU, the only reason he is second in career passing yards in the NCAA is because he has started for four years not because he is good. What took Meyer 4 years to get to, took someone else 2 or 3 years.

2nd in career passing in the NCAA? Might wanna look that up man, he is nooooooooooooowhere even close to that.

Maybe it was the Big 12, i was going off of memory. Either way the point is the record is a product of how long he has been there not because of talent.

It should have been qualified... from the ISU web site:

Leads all returning collegiate quarterbacks with 7,979 career yards of total offense ... ranks second nationally to Michigan’s Chad Henne (7,777) in career passing among returning players with 7,348 career yards

Leads all returning collegiate quarterbacks with 7,979 career yards of total offense ... ranks second nationally to Michigan’s Chad Henne (7,777) in career passing among returning players with 7,348 career yards

There it is, 2nd nationally among RETURNING players. i saw the stat during this weekends game. Sorry for the misquote, however my point still stands.

There it is, 2nd nationally among RETURNING players. i saw the stat during this weekends game. Sorry for the misquote, however my point still stands.

Yeah, and he has been airmailed by about 15 qb's this season. Lucky has almost as many 100 yard all purpose games in the past 2 seasons as Cory Ross did, and there are still 4 games left and Lucky split reps with 4 guys last year. Lucky is a very solid player and I don't think he deserves to have his accomplishments downplayed because no one else can seem to catch, block or tackle.