what's better for the program?

I really thought changes might be announced the early part of this week, but nothing so far. Probaby isn't going to happen.

In your opinion, what is best for the program - announce changes to the staff now and possibly put in an interim head coach, or just wait until the end of the season and announce the new coach and not deal with the interium stuff?

I think the decision needs to be made public ASAP. Even if Cally stays through the end of the season, if its announced now that he will not be back next year, it will help speed up the whole process of hiring new coaches, recruiting, etc. Everyone is in limbo now, the unknown is hurting the program now. Every day Callahan muddys the water even more with his comments, about not resigning, not getting promises, burning redshirts, losing recruits. It could get really ugly around here with him looking at a 7 game losing streak. To. said he would wait till season end to evaluate, but also said he would not leave someone "hanging", he would tell them, I only hpoe he tells BC his time is over soon.

I really thought changes might be announced the early part of this week, but nothing so far. Probaby isn't going to happen.

In your opinion, what is best for the program - announce changes to the staff now and possibly put in an interim head coach, or just wait until the end of the season and announce the new coach and not deal with the interium stuff?

I really believe that sooner would be better and the soonest would be best. Soonest is today!

There is nothing wrong with displaying your good traits though. Also, being a business owner myself and having to turn a few around, it is never a good idea to turn a ship around on a dime. This was explained to me by a very good business man that was the CEO and President of an organization that is in 17 countries and has over 300,000 members. His comment was, "could you imagine turning a aircraft carrier 90% in the water? Imagine how many people would be tossed around and even fall off".

[/quote

Nebraska more like the Titanic going right into the Iceburg. Sometime you have to make a drastic change or your no longer around and on the bottom of the ocean.

Wait til the end of the season,

as pitiful as the coaching has been, I don't think we do any better with interims...I don't think you're going to get any more intensity out of the players with whomever is interim coach....better to wait til the end of the season when you can make a smooth transition from this regime, to a new, permanent coaching staff....if you change staffs twice, it increases the discontinuity for our current players and our recruiting class...

I disagree. If the problems are coming from Callahan & Coz then break them off after the Texas game (as the prevelant rumor goes). Let assistants run the team the last few games, and conduct a coaching search during that time. This way you get a full coaching search, maybe salvage some of this season, and announce a new coach as soon as the canidate becomes available (November 24th or Dec. 1). That allows them time to get to Lincoln, hire assistants, begin their recruiting before the holidays, and start making visits. Having Watson as a temporary Head Coach would keep some continuity for the remainder of the season, it wouldn't be a new system during the season. Watson called the plays in the first half against A&M and did a good job.

If you wait to break off Callahan at seasons end, then start a coaching search it would be January before a new coach would get to recruiting.

If you try to conduct a search uder the table, most coaches nationally will find out, and consider it underhanded and a bad sign..... a job to avoid...... we DON'T want that again.

Fire Callahan & Cozgrove after Texas then begin the well thought out, National coaching search!

:rant:restore

Cally/Coz should have been gone last Monday (Or Sunday if you're a heathen) <_<

The assistants probably give us the best chance of finishing the season with wins, and the sooner our 2008 verbals find out who our next Coach will be, the better informed their decisions will be on signing day. (And hopefully have more-better correspondance with the future staff).

Is there any way of naming a Head Coach way before his current responsibilities are over?

Hard to believe a $few Million could stand in the way of a lost recruiting season or the well being of our current Huskers/season.