TO's trip to Austin

So I have a friend that has connections to the athletic dept and told me today that TO is heading down to Austin to catch the volleyball match tonight. The thing is, he apparently isn't flying with the volleyball team but is taking a separate flight and told the dept that he wouldn't be back until Friday. Wonder what he could be doing down there until Friday? Could it be that he's planning a short trip east to Baton Rouge? Pure speculation of course, but I thought it was interesting. Could mean absolutely nothing.

Or maybe, just maybe, he has a nice little fishing hole down there as it's starting to get cold in Nebraska and the fish ain't bighting? First of all, I don't think TO would press the issue this early out of respect for Les Miles and his program down there. The last thing we need to do as a program is make distractions for another program with a legitimate shot at a NC.

Or maybe, just maybe, he has a nice little fishing hole down there as it's starting to get cold in Nebraska and the fish ain't bighting? First of all, I don't think TO would press the issue this early out of respect for Les Miles and his program down there. The last thing we need to do as a program is make distractions for another program with a legitimate shot at a NC.

Like I said, purely speculation. Nothing concrete at all. Don't imagine TO has too much time to drop a line in the water right now though. ;)

Nobody knows anything about this but TO and his team of people. Hopefully he will talk to a few recruits and maybe get the permision to talk to other coaches in an effort to explore all options. What ever he is doing I'm sure is with the best of intentions. Maybe he'll take Mrs. Osborne and relax for a day, while working of course. :)

In any case I like the direction it is turning and the effort being put in to bring back the family feeling. Especially the getting in the storage and putting some of the Husker history back on the walls and in cases for display where they belong. Very Nice!

The weather has been beautiful here, lately. I'll keep an eye out for him at Barton Creek Resort. I'll bet he's teeing it up. Maybe he wants to hang with Mack Brown. Mack has been very complimentary to NU and TO. There was a lot of anticipation for this game, locally speaking. Radio stations scheduled remotes a while ago, thinking that this would be an epic showdown. We kind of let them down. Eric Crouch was on 1300 the Zone yesterday, it was a good interview, he had a lot to say about the current state of the program. One of the things that the locals latched onto was Callahan's "no pads, flag football like practices" during the week.

I'm betting he's got a tee time for the Fazio Canyons at Barton Creek.

There's another thread on here that says Bo Pelini just flew into Lincoln last night. You guys need to get your rumors jived up.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. Could be complete BS, but just passing it along b/c I thought it was interesting. Take it for what it's worth......which could be nothing

There's another thread on here that says Bo Pelini just flew into Lincoln last night. You guys need to get your rumors jived up.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. Could be complete BS, but just passing it along b/c I thought it was interesting. Take it for what it's worth......which could be nothing

Actually, both rumors could be true. Maybe Tom is just going down there for something completely different.

The weather has been beautiful here, lately. I'll keep an eye out for him at Barton Creek Resort. I'll bet he's teeing it up. Maybe he wants to hang with Mack Brown. Mack has been very complimentary to NU and TO. There was a lot of anticipation for this game, locally speaking. Radio stations scheduled remotes a while ago, thinking that this would be an epic showdown. We kind of let them down. Eric Crouch was on 1300 the Zone yesterday, it was a good interview, he had a lot to say about the current state of the program. One of the things that the locals latched onto was Callahan's "no pads, flag football like practices" during the week.

I don't remember TO and Mack being real tight because Mack wasn't around the Big 12 much before TO retired, but I do remember Mack and Solich being pretty tight.

If you don't mind, could you highlight some of the things Crouch said in his interview? Thanks in advance.

So I have a friend that has connections to the athletic dept and told me today that TO is heading down to Austin to catch the volleyball match tonight. The thing is, he apparently isn't flying with the volleyball team but is taking a separate flight and told the dept that he wouldn't be back until Friday. Wonder what he could be doing down there until Friday? Could it be that he's planning a short trip east to Baton Rouge? Pure speculation of course, but I thought it was interesting. Could mean absolutely nothing.

:o That sucks, because I heard that BP just flew in to Lincoln! They're going to miss each other!!! :ahhhhhhhh

:o That sucks, because I heard that BP just flew in to Lincoln! They're going to miss each other!!! :ahhhhhhhh

Ah Osborne a smart guy now he has plausible deniability when the newspeople ask him about it.

Some people will say he's using this as a smoke screen and really is still in Lincoln and using this golfing excuse as a smoke screen. By the way Osborne doesn't like to golf.

I don't remember TO and Mack being real tight because Mack wasn't around the Big 12 much before TO retired, but I do remember Mack and Solich being pretty tight.

If you don't mind, could you highlight some of the things Crouch said in his interview? Thanks in advance.

Shoot, I just lost about 20 minutes of post material.

Mack has said that he took an assistant's job at Iowa St. earlier in his career just to get close to Nebraska and Tom Osborne and see how things were done at NU. He has also mentioned TO and NU, several times, when describing the atmosphere that he was creating at UT.

As far as Eric's interview, he mostly commented on how things are different now. He reminisced about the physical nature of practices back in the day. They were so physical that gameday felt like a break, and therefore was fun and easy. He sounded disgusted with the "no pads in practice" theory. He said it looks very hard for the players to play a game, now. He was promoting something called the All American Football League. The shows host is Bucky Godbolt, who was on John Macovick's staff. He was the one who called "Roll Left" at the '96 B-12 championship. He recruited Ricky Williams, also, so he's pretty knowledgable on college football. They talked about how embracing traditions and former greats is the way to instill pride in current players. Eric said that he doesn't think that the current players are being told about Nebraska's past greats, and traditions. That they are not told of the importance and pride of having that "N" on your helmet. They talked about the walk-on program and how it changed and how it was a source of players who wanted to play for the University. The whole gist of the interview was things have changed, not that change is necessarily bad, but that traditions and the past should still be embraced, and it doesn't seem like these things are being embraced. So the players aren't playing football with pride, Nebraska football, and are definitely not haing any fun. Bucky noted many similarities between Callahan and Mackovick. The arrogant, condescending nature in press conferences, the stubborness to accept no responsibility when things are melting down, and the lack of emphasis on defense. Apparantly, Macovick had his knee blown out in a practice when he was standing in the wrong place on a particular play that came his way. Then a few months later, stood in the same place for the same play, in practice, and reinjured the same knee. If you get a chance, listen in the mornings online the rest of the week, all Nebraska game all the time. http://www.am1300thezone.com/main.html