Recruiting Saga

Here is a troubling linked article:

http://journalstar.com/articles/2007/10/23...9e005476005.txt

Appears the coaches have gone in the tank and are no longer keeping contact with the recruits. What's the big deal you ask since why would BC work on this if he will not be here? That is the rub, so to speak...and I think it clearly indicates BC is not committed any more.

Here's the way I see it. Imagine you are TO and you have told BC the seriousness of the situation. BC tells you he wants to fight and keep his job and he postures to the media and says he is committed to the job and coaching this team, he is going nowhere, etc. If this were the true case then as TO I would expect him to be working his arse off showing his committment now more than ever, keeping in contact with the recruits. Regardless of what happens BC can show TO he was serious about his committment by showing a dedication to the recruiting class. If BC does get fired, what is the worst thing that happens...he can look TO in the eye and say he gave his best under the tough circumstances...both part ways and move on and BC keeps dignity and respect with the program and players. If TO was true to his word saying he was going to reserve judgment on BC until the end of the season, then I have to believe BC's current non-contact with the recruits has to be viewed very negatively by TO as a sign BC has packed it in for rest of year.

True character comes through facing adversity...if BC wanted it bad enough, he would do all he could. TO knows this and has found BC lacking. Who truly knows if BC has already been told he has no chance (if this was the case, then I would hold TO responsible somewhat for the situation of letting this go on too long if something does not happpen by next week). If BC truly has no chance, I think it would serve everyone better to have an interim staff with the announcement that new coach is coming. It takes away the negativity the program is under and turns the focus to the future and next coach. Allows recruits to know new coach is coming and I think a lot of them would continue with us to wait for how that turns out. Hopefully, in end we get some of these guys like Gabbert, Gray, and Woods to remain with this class. Also, the new coach will likely be able to bring in some big time recruits that we are not even aware of right now. Sit tight...more interesting times ahead soon!