WWTD

Dan_F_30

Ok everyone, I know it's getting pretty chippy around here with the play of the team and the coaching staff and all. I could sit here and tell you to support the team cuz we are the best fans in the world blah blah blah. Instead I think it is fair to say that we have lost our title at that though with the way some of the team has been treated by some fans. I'm not going to go on some shpeel about how "I'm a diehard Husker fan for life" because honestly ALMOST EVERYONE has similar stories and no one cares! Ya my dad and grandpa raised me to like NU blah blah blah. What true fans need to really do right now, if you call yourself one, is think What Would Tom Do? You think TO is out there bitching and raising hell? He's letting things play out, and giving his support and he'll make the decisions at the NECESSARY time and is not going to belittle anyone for their play or coaching. Now since most of us believe TO embodies everything that is husker nation then why don't we quit acting like a bunch of crybabies demeaning the players and coaches and just support them like TO does. He's high class and high integrity and that's what the fans of Nebraska used to be!

Now I'm not saying you can not criticize a coach or to a certain extent a player but I think it's enough of the name calling and personal attacks on the coaches and some of the players. But when players say things that are happening, they aren't making it up and I think it's sad that they look forward to going on the road now...I think that NU can show up this weekend and I'm going to watch them while I'm in Iowa, probably by myself in my girlfriends house while her and her sister make fun of me but hell I will support them even though I don't think they will win. But I for one am DONE with the personal attack and hope others will follow. Remember, it sounds hokey but you all admire him and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... WWTD??

GBR :thumbs

Been to every game this year and I hate how this misconception has grown legs...........if this throng of people was behind the bench telling the players they suck and take the N off your helmets they would be thrown out so fast.........................85+ thousand people and they are generalized by a few......anyone that has been to Lincoln would know this they have the best in stadium security..........plus the fact that I prefer to stand the whole game I am always walking by the bench and trying to give what small support I can offer

Matt Slauson is great always willing to talk...........took picturtes with me and my five year old.........I think to a degree the pressure is at an all time high.....and the few a$$hole$ that do make these comments .....it stings alot more because thingsa are so bad right now.............if I saw some a-hole given these players a hard time.......I woulld definitely put the foot in deep.........and besides all the staff would have to do is give the nod and whoever it was would be thrown out on their ass.

Been to every game this year and I hate how this misconception has grown legs...........if this throng of people was behind the bench telling the players they suck and take the N off your helmets they would be thrown out so fast.........................85+ thousand people and they are generalized by a few......anyone that has been to Lincoln would know this they have the best in stadium security..........plus the fact that I prefer to stand the whole game I am always walking by the bench and trying to give what small support I can offer

Matt Slauson is great always willing to talk...........took picturtes with me and my five year old.........I think to a degree the pressure is at an all time high.....and the few a$$hole$ that do make these comments .....it stings alot more because thingsa are so bad right now.............if I saw some a-hole given these players a hard time.......I woulld definitely put the foot in deep.........and besides all the staff would have to do is give the nod and whoever it was would be thrown out on their ass.

sorry for the spelling....tried to type fast

sorry for the spelling....tried to type fast

Good use of the ..... as well :)

It's not just at the stadium though, it's on messageboards and blogs...that is where the most of it happens and I am sure the players read these things, or else some do then tell the others.

If they do read these boards and stuff, then aren't they really the ones looking for criticism? It's one thing to hear it, but to go searching for it on a message board is completely another! Another thing would be for them not to watch ESPN. Corso is saying bring Gill back, etc. etc. Herbstreit talking about how it's a long time coming getting rid of Clownahan.

I agree that what is going on at the stadium is tasteless, but come on with the message boards and blogs. If they're on here reading, then I'd say they're getting what they asked for. The same can be said with reading the OWH and LS and such. Do you think Bush watches CNN daily?

If they do read these boards and stuff, then aren't they really the ones looking for criticism? It's one thing to hear it, but to go searching for it on a message board is completely another! Another thing would be for them not to watch ESPN. Corso is saying bring Gill back, etc. etc. Herbstreit talking about how it's a long time coming getting rid of Clownahan.

I agree that what is going on at the stadium is tasteless, but come on with the message boards and blogs. If they're on here reading, then I'd say they're getting what they asked for. The same can be said with reading the OWH and LS and such. Do you think Bush watches CNN daily?

I don't think Bush knows how to turn on his TV, but that's another story alltogether.

I know that I'm ready to start talking about the positives that could come from the forthcoming changes. I'm fully expecting a change to the coaching staff, but why should the recruits see this as a negative? We're not going to hire a worse coach than the one we have. The present coaches have been given adequate time to get things going and it hasn't happened.

For the most part, I don't put the blame on the players. It's the coaches job to put the right people on the field and get them prepared and motivated. Other coaches in the league are doing extremely well with less talented players than we have.

Anybody that is going to boo players and yell at them should stay home and yell at the television.