Colorado game....TV

..does anyone know how long we are under contract w/ ABC to keep the CU post Thanksgiving day as national coverage?? Seems to me if things don't turn around soon, we could lose this pivotal TV slot.

I doubt it, there isn't that many games played on the Friday after Thanksgiving, so I think this one is safe. Anyways, they still cover the Iowa-Iowa St. "Suckfest" and the USC-ND "Beatdown" every year.

From what I remember there are only another couple of years on that contract and if this keeps up it probably will not be renewed. As far as the day that is controlled by the tv. If you look on some schedules they list the game as fri/sat. Its just like game times can be changed by tv deals so can that day. If they stop picking it up it might just move to a saturday game if we find another tv deal. Lets hope that that does not happen.

Just think of the years that Colorado had the season we're having this year or they were worse off. It's a tradition of College football. It might not be as exciting for most of us as Nebraska-Oklahoma was, but it's still a "Day after Thanksgiving" tradition.

By the way, we won :)

..does anyone know how long we are under contract w/ ABC to keep the CU post Thanksgiving day as national coverage?? Seems to me if things don't turn around soon, we could lose this pivotal TV slot.

I doubt it, there isn't that many games played on the Friday after Thanksgiving, so I think this one is safe. Anyways, they still cover the Iowa-Iowa St. "Suckfest" and the USC-ND "Beatdown" every year.

That's not true. The Iowa/Iowa St. game this yea was on Versus, and the USC/Notre Dame games (when in South Bend) are on NBC.