Will Nebraska give up the most rushing yarads in NCAA

Nebraska has now allowed 2,182 yards rushing on the season.

The only team with more rushing yards allowed was Louisiana-Laf., and they did't play this week.

The team behind NU is Toledo. Unless Toledo allows 379 Yards rushing to 1 - 7 Northern Illinois Nebraska will be last in 1-A.

Nearing halftime they have only allowed 60 yards.

SAD!

The only team with more rushing yards allowed was Louisiana-Laf., and they did't play this week.

The team behind NU is Toledo. Unless Toledo allows 379 Yards rushing to 1 - 7 Northern Illinois Nebraska will be last in 1-A.

SAD!

No way to sugar coat that

SAD!

Is it the defenses fault that they keep playing the Big 12 offensive player of the week?

SAD!

Is it the defenses fault that they keep playing the Big 12 offensive player of the week?

mmm...in a way...

There are a lot of tackles being missed....how 5 guys can be surrounding a player carrying the ball and have him get away befuddles me...but it happens time and time again with this team.

Look at how Kansas has STUFFED the Aggies running game! Huskers are bad vs thr run! Look at Colt McCoy runing the option vs the Huskers!

Ouch -- That's really unbelievable. I wonder if they'll give 'em back the blackshirts this week anyway...

Who knows if they get them back or not. What I think is they need to be rewarded with something to hang thier hats on for the HUGE improvement. I hope they come away feeling better than last week or the week before. They need the confidence boost to get back to playing great defense.

Ouch -- That's really unbelievable. I wonder if they'll give 'em back the blackshirts this week anyway...

Who knows if they get them back or not. What I think is they need to be rewarded with something to hang thier hats on for the HUGE improvement. I hope they come away feeling better than last week or the week before. They need the confidence boost to get back to playing great defense.

I know what you mean. I very much believe that the players deserve to be recognized for that great effort yesterday. They could have rolled over and died, but they didn't. The Huskers aren't that far gone and I for one am very relieved by that. A win was really needed and would have been nice, but at least they showed us that they wanted it as bad (probably more) than we did.

Still, that rushing defense stat is just incredible. Commendable or not, guts isn't enough to win games when your rushing D is worst in all Division I-A (or whatever they call it now).