Joe Ganz

IceMan

What are you guys thinking? If Keller doesn't play, they aren't going to put in designed plays to get Ganz running. BC will do what he always does and tell Ganz to throw it away instead of running. The last thing he wants is for Ganz to also get hurt. Look for a lot of running until we get down and have to pass. Not that BC doesn't trust Ganz, but he doesn't trust his line to protect Ganz. We don't see Witt unless Ganz gets hurt too.

Ganz is Major Applewhite. 6'1" 200 lbs is pretty small to be a dropback QB. He is a D1 CB/WR size.

Isn't it a little early to start dissing the next NU quarterback? At least let him play a game first.

I'm not sure if rkhufu7 was dissing him or not, but trust me, if he WAS Major, he would be on the field already! Major was UT's version of Zac Taylor!!!

If Ganz was all that, we would not have bothered bringing in Keller for one year....

Beau Davis? Awful.

Sorry, but I can never and will never understand purposefully NOT putting your best guy on the field. ESPECIALLY at a skill position like QB.

That would seem more like an NFL move. Not playing your "stars" once your playoff hopes have been dashed. Haven't Husker fans bashed Callahan for NFL type moves?

Beau Davis? Awful.

Sorry, but I can never and will never understand purposefully NOT putting your best guy on the field. ESPECIALLY at a skill position like QB.

That would seem more like an NFL move. Not playing your "stars" once your playoff hopes have been dashed. Haven't Husker fans bashed Callahan for NFL type moves?

Normally I would agree, and if I really tought Callahan would be back next year, I might have a different answer.

But at this point in the season, and with the possibility of not have a QB in this class, I would rather not waste either redshirt -- if I had to choose tough, I would burn Lee's.

A little info on Mr. Davis

Davis had a standout senior year at Venice High School in Los Angeles for Coach Angelo Gasca, completing 67 percent of his passes for 3,152 yards and 40 touchdowns, against just 10 interceptions. Davis spread the ball around the field effectively, as three of Venice's wideouts topped 1,000 yards receiving in 2003.

Davis led Venice to a 13-1 record and a berth in the sectional championship game where it was defeated by Carson High School, and threw for a season-high 340 yards against Santa Monica. He threw six touchdown passes in just two quarters against Hamilton High School and had a pair of five-touchdown games as a senior.

Davis was the Los Angeles Times Westside Back of the Year as a senior. He also received first-team all-city honors from the AP, and was named the All-Western League Offensive Player of the Year. Davis transferred to Venice from Carson (Calif.) High School. As a junior at Carson, Davis threw for 1,105 yards and 11 touchdowns and guided his team to a state playoff berth. He turned down scholarship offers from Utah State and Temple.

He also happened to be the QB at the same time Marlon Lucky was the RB. Same school.

Ahhh...c'mon fella's...

Cally will coach to win...he'll play Witt most likely..

What's that famous quote..."We play to win the game!!!"

I agree that it sux. Especially in the light of Gabbert's recent defection. But really...he would have no choice. You gotta' believe he's trying to keep his job. Why else would he be so "stubborn" about this rumored buyout. He's starring the end of his HC career right in the face. I think he wants another shot and is going to do everything he can to win these last 3 games...even if it means burning a red shirt.