#107 in Total Defense

and this is why I don't EVEN want to hear of any talk this year of bringing back the Blackshirts... I could drive my truck through the holes this defense leaves open, and even if they caught up to me...they couldn't tackle me...

There is a lot of work for who ever comes in to fix these problems on defense...I never thought we would be this terrible....

Nebraska's stats = Medeocraty

Just remember...you can't spell 'Medeocraty' without 'complete f*cking bullsh*t.' Or maybe you can. I'd look for my dictionary, but...it really doesn't matter, does it.

No it doesnt. That stat plain and simple sucks and optimizes why we are 4 and 5. 100% horse sh#t!!

and this is why I don't EVEN want to hear of any talk this year of bringing back the Blackshirts... I could drive my truck through the holes this defense leaves open, and even if they caught up to me...they couldn't tackle me...

There is a lot of work for who ever comes in to fix these problems on defense...I never thought we would be this terrible....

correct, coz has trashed these kids, although their talent level is not so great either. hopefully, we get some new blood on D next year, not sure who is coming in or who will be coming back, but i doubt any new coach could make these kids perform this poorly.

I have been wondering about this for some time. Can the defensive line personnel actually be that bad? Has this been an area in recruiting that has been neglected? I don't understand how a major D1 program like NU can be dead last in rushing defense.

I also don't understand how any D1 defensive coordinator--or staff--can be that bad.

What exactly explains the ineffectiveness of NU's defense? I'm looking for an answer that doesn't sound like "Coz sucks," because that doesn't actually explain the specifics.

If anyone can answer this, I'd really appreciate it. The whole thing is just plain bizarre.

I have been wondering about this for some time. Can the defensive line personnel actually be that bad? Has this been an area in recruiting that has been neglected? I don't understand how a major D1 program like NU can be dead last in rushing defense.

I also don't understand how any D1 defensive coordinator--or staff--can be that bad.

What exactly explains the ineffectiveness of NU's defense? I'm looking for an answer that doesn't sound like "Coz sucks," because that doesn't actually explain the specifics.

If anyone can answer this, I'd really appreciate it. The whole thing is just plain bizarre.

I think a lot of it has to do with the type of practices we have. I think both lines are soft, and out of shape.

Not to get overly mushy, but I think it has to be a serious mental breakdown of some sort. I don't know much about our recruiting, but there's no way we had the 107th best D-Line recruiting classes, or coaching for that matter. I think sloppiness led to a lack of confidence, which led to them getting their butts kicked even worse, which eroded still more confidence, which... Some folks must have simply stopped trying at some point.

I think Cosgrove's blitz-fest this week was meant to change that mental equation for the defense. This turned out to be more important than running a sane defensive scheme. Well, for three quarters at least.