IBR's prediction false?

buddy wyatt has failed - allowing teams to run up the gut untouched game after game, no stats needed - video proof.

Just because I am a big Wyatt suporter. Didn't Carriker and Moore last year say something to the effect of Wyatt actually coached them up on hand placement, technique, etc... That should be considered being a good and effective coach. As far as the penetration and letting teams run unblocked. He doesnt control the formation and coverages. If the Coordinator chooses to only have 3 men on the line, or even 4, it is not his fault. It IS his fault if his players are not getting any penetration. But that is something that is difficult for anyone when you are up against the blocking schemes we have seen. When we only have 3 or 4 men rushing its not to tough to block them with 5 or 6 men.

Plus Coz still (to the best of my knowledge) uses a read and react defensive line scheme, rather then trying to actively pursue assignments. That is a big downfall that cant be pinned on Wyatt.

This is all just my opinion but i say keep the guy around. You cannot be an ineffective coach in the SEC, which he wasnt. Give him time, a better coordinator, and better talent and then judge him.

Is today the day? Is Husker Nation finally going to get what we've (damn near) all been wanting? Has Christmas come early in the heartland?

GOD I HOPE SO

Information points to yes:

"Sightings" of McBride on campus (Interim HC?)

Osborne's slip of the tongue in the KETV interview. (New Staff)

OC job opening up in St. Louis (Easy out for Cally)

Proof that for another year we have "surrendered" the Big XII to Texas (and OK, and KU, and everyone but Baylor and Iowa State)

Today could be the day... IBR - I hope you are right.

GO BIG RED - THROUGH THICK AND THIN

Please. not gonna happen

Is today the day? Is Husker Nation finally going to get what we've (damn near) all been wanting? Has Christmas come early in the heartland?

GOD I HOPE SO

Information points to yes:

"Sightings" of McBride on campus (Interim HC?)

Osborne's slip of the tongue in the KETV interview. (New Staff)

OC job opening up in St. Louis (Easy out for Cally)

Proof that for another year we have "surrendered" the Big XII to Texas (and OK, and KU, and everyone but Baylor and Iowa State)

Today could be the day... IBR - I hope you are right.

GO BIG RED - THROUGH THICK AND THIN

I'm afraid not. I've supported the coaches all along, but I just can't take this anymore. A change is inevitable, and the sooner the better.

Give it a day you'll change your mind and tell everyone that this staff should be given another year to make their system work. :)

not a chance in hell, ever!

don't think T.O. would deviate from his original statement.

I would agree with you. But, if the Rams want to buy out Callahans contract????? Dr Tom may end up saying that finacially this is the best thing for the University. <_<

There are ways around everything. I think the coaches know they are out and hopefully everyone involved can find the most politically correct way in doing so. I certainly hope so.

GBR

buddy wyatt has failed - allowing teams to run up the gut untouched game after game, no stats needed - video proof.

Just because I am a big Wyatt suporter. Didn't Carriker and Moore last year say something to the effect of Wyatt actually coached them up on hand placement, technique, etc... That should be considered being a good and effective coach. As far as the penetration and letting teams run unblocked. He doesnt control the formation and coverages. If the Coordinator chooses to only have 3 men on the line, or even 4, it is not his fault. It IS his fault if his players are not getting any penetration. But that is something that is difficult for anyone when you are up against the blocking schemes we have seen. When we only have 3 or 4 men rushing its not to tough to block them with 5 or 6 men.

Plus Coz still (to the best of my knowledge) uses a read and react defensive line scheme, rather then trying to actively pursue assignments. That is a big downfall that cant be pinned on Wyatt.

This is all just my opinion but i say keep the guy around. You cannot be an ineffective coach in the SEC, which he wasnt. Give him time, a better coordinator, and better talent and then judge him.

All position coaches do that....That is their job.

All position coaches do that....That is their job.

Im not saying its not his job. Im saying he is doing his job and doing it well IMO, he just cant do a job well enough to make the line he has look good with a poor defensive scheme/play calling.

If I am remembering what he said he was told that before Osborne was hired and said at his news conference that no changes would be made in the coaching staff until after the season. I think once Osborne said that at the news conference that trumped the information that IBR was given before all of that happened. You guys are lucky to have someone with as much inside information as IBR gets. I would say his or her sources are really good.

I think IBR posted again somewhere last night or over the weekend that TO has overruled the original plan, and won't do anything until after the season. I respect that. Also, if it's true, it means the AD is running the department, and not the boosters, which I also like.

With that said, I did have a call from a friend whose wife saw Pelini at Duncan Aviation last week. There have been so many reports of that - all at Duncan, all from different people, that I'm starting to believe it to be true.

GBR

i agree, but:

if callahan gets his contract bought out, whether by boosters/the U/or the Rams, it is not technically firing him (which TO said he would not do until the end of the season) and it would not be resigning (as BC said he would not do).

think about this for a minute:

at your job, mcdonalds --> pfizer --> first national, wherever - if you are not doing you job to the terms or extent of your contract - you get fired or asked to leave. simple as that.

callahan, coz, wagner, and wyatt have all failed at their jobs this season. we are ranked 107th in TTL DEFENSE....... and dead last in Rush Defense...... oh, but we are 46th in pass eff. defense so let's keep giving coz more time. bull sh!t

wagner - 69th in rush offense means poor blocking upfront, at least they are almost in the top 25 in pass offense.

coz - need i defend why i think he should be canned - simply put --> HE RUINS DEFENSES!

callahan - besides being the most unemotional coach in any sport ever, he implements a complex offense that our players don't want to run ---> probably because "it's too technical" for any of us normal human beings. callahan needs fired for the simple fact that he hasn't fired or "let go" of the three listed above him.

It is time to bite the bullet and let them go, WE NEED COACHES THAT CAN COACH.

GO BIG RED -- THROUGH THICK AND THIN

You should give TO a call and tell him!!!

Im sure he will jump right on it because YOU said so!!!