IBR's prediction false?

Here's his post from a couple days ago:

***By the way, give the guy a break***

I Bleed RED

post Yesterday, 10:25 PM

Similar to what I heard this week and I posted on another thread. I was told that the group of people who want Callahan gone are getting over ruled by TO. He said to them he does not want to fire him mid-season if he can avoid it. Source also said that Cally has dug his heels in the sand about the buyout and other coaches are taking a more active role in the team and recruiting. The buyout is STILL being negotiated. Also, the 2 weeks statement I said if we are embarrassed and I am impressed that we played well. TO is firm on 2 things:

We are underdogs here on out so there isn't much to gain now at firing Cally.

AND

Cally is fired immediately after the season (already decided) and he wants Bo Pelini as his first choice with Watson to stay on board. I am not sure if anything else will happen the rest of the year but it appears that TO has said let's evaluate the players and assistants outside of the line coaches and Cosgrove.

Not much info, but TO has calmed the boosters who initially wanted PUD and Cally gone 2 weeks ago.

don't think T.O. would deviate from his original statement.

I would agree with you. But, if the Rams want to buy out Callahans contract????? Dr Tom may end up saying that finacially this is the best thing for the University. <_<

There are ways around everything. I think the coaches know they are out and hopefully everyone involved can find the most politically correct way in doing so. I certainly hope so.

GBR

Why would the rams buy out a contract, that in a couple weeks, Neb will be buying out anyhow? They can have Cal free and clear then and not shell out the $3 million.

The Rams have done some questionable things, but WOW that would be a whopper.

As I said in another thread, I think the ship has sailed with regard to firing Callahan mid-season, as, really, it isn't even mid-season anymore. If we wanted to salvage anything we should have done it already, as I think the next two games on our schedule might be the thoughest we face. Kansas is going to do torturous things to us on Saturday, and KSUcks is no friend, either. With Keller out, the team demoralized, Callahan's fate all but sealed, I see no point in firing anyone until final seconds tick away on the CU blowout.

I don't think IBR's info was wrong, necessarily, because things change. He broke all the news before Osborne had even been appointed. All future predictions are contigent upon certain things remaining as they are in order for the process to function in the predicted way. Osborne threw a wrench into the works, basically, but I feel––as many of you do––that I can trust him to do the best thing for the program, and I trust him to do it at the right time, with the right motives, for the best possible result. The man is not infallible, but he has given this team enough, in my opinion, to warrant my full support. I think we all know that Callahan is a goner.

The only thing that would make me question TO is if he kept Callahan around for another season, but I don't see that happening, so I've little cause to worry. And even if it did, I think he would explain his reasons and win me over. But at this point I can't see what those reasons would be.

X

I remember IBR stating that after the TX game Cally was supposed to resign...

Did plans change or was IBR wrong for the first time. Im not bashing IBR just wondering

what is goin on in the secret HQ of TO..

I think what happened is that the booster passed on info about what it was they were trying to ram through the athletic department. It was either told to IBR as, "This is what is going to happen," or, "This is what we're trying to make happen," and it was passed on to us as though it had been set in stone. However, it should have been obvious to everyone that no one can say for sure what another person will do (e.g. just because a booster wants someone to resign and can apply a lot of pressure, doesn't mean that that person will resign). I read what he posted as a planned course, not as a prognostication of what the unchangeable future will bring.

I would agree with you. But, if the Rams want to buy out Callahans contract????? Dr Tom may end up saying that finacially this is the best thing for the University. <_<

There are ways around everything. I think the coaches know they are out and hopefully everyone involved can find the most politically correct way in doing so. I certainly hope so.

GBR

Why would the rams buy out a contract, that in a couple weeks, Neb will be buying out anyhow? They can have Cal free and clear then and not shell out the $3 million.

Its my understanding that the Rams are not buying out the contract, they are assuming the contract.

i don't think even T.O. could make me understand the need to keep cally for another season. just won't happen, too much flak from boosters that's for damn sure! this experiment is done!

Speaking of the experiment and TO's other comments. He recently said in an interview that he felt any offensive system could work if you have the right people. So then, why would the option be excluded, and does anyone suppose he might try and push for a power running game? I realize the spread option is in vogue, and I'm not totally opposed to it, but somehow it's a bit razzle-dazzle for my tastes. There's no better way to win than to have your opponent line up everyone he has and still get smashed right in the mouth for four quarters.

With Lee as a potential quarterback I see no reason why we couldn't infuse an option out of the standard I formation as well as do a lot with the passing game considering our depth at receiver. If it ends up being the spread, so be it, I guess, but my oh my there's little else prettier in this world than a triple-option play executed to perfection.

X

GBR

I agree, I don't see why they would do anything right now. I will cost them less in a month.

Is today the day? Is Husker Nation finally going to get what we've (damn near) all been wanting? Has Christmas come early in the heartland?

GOD I HOPE SO

Information points to yes:

"Sightings" of McBride on campus (Interim HC?)

Osborne's slip of the tongue in the KETV interview. (New Staff)

OC job opening up in St. Louis (Easy out for Cally)

Proof that for another year we have "surrendered" the Big XII to Texas (and OK, and KU, and everyone but Baylor and Iowa State)

Today could be the day... IBR - I hope you are right.

GO BIG RED - THROUGH THICK AND THIN

If isee another post like this I'm gonna :madash:bang:bangdedhoarse:madash:bang:bang:hmmph:rant

To answer the original question, so far Yes.

TO's the AD and they've asked Cally to resign. I don't blame IBR or his source for not predicting that Cally wouldn't leave when he is clearly not wanted. I don't give him credit for what has happened, either, so I suppose the notion of "blame" is incoherent here.