Hundreds of Coaches

I believe that any scheme will work if you execute. However the more things you can throw at the oppossing defense and their coaches the more they have to work in practice and film studyconcerning themselves at stopping all of the weapons a offense has.

If you run a spread option offense for example there is alot schemes you as a "D" coordinator have to concern yourself with.

Never a fan of the WCO in college. It was a fad in the 90's and didn't work and most teams abadoned it.

In order to get playmakers the ball in space.

But I think execution is the key, Lombardi and the Bear reportedly would not run a play in a game if it wasn't run in practice like 300 times.

Once you perfect it, I don't think it matters what you run, see TO in the 90's.

I hear all this talk about schemes and that the coaches schemes went wrong, but i dont hear really any other suggestions. So I was just curious to see what the mistakes were in everyones eyes and how there "scheme" would have been different.

Callahan has now resorted to finding answers here?

998e9bad1c.gif

I hear all this talk about schemes and that the coaches schemes went wrong, but i dont hear really any other suggestions. So I was just curious to see what the mistakes were in everyones eyes and how there "scheme" would have been different.

I believe even callahan doesn't know how to run the WCO. First of all he runs too many screens. Screens only work when the defensive is blitzing. He runs plays in a row way too much. He will run like 5 runs and then maybe 5 pass plays. He needs to mix it up more. I believe callahan said "we will take what we want."

I wonder when that is gonna happen cause it hasn't ever. Not only that he sits on the ball way too early and doesn't bother to score anymore points until he gets behind. callahan wouldn't be a bad coach if he knew any of this and more importantly his DC but appearantly they are just too f'ing clueless on how to win. I heard a comment about coz on tv during the texas game as him saying "we didn't get stupid overnight." Are you sure about that coz, cause i would say he has. Each week i watch him coach this year the more i wonder how in the hell did he get anywhere in football.

... I heard a comment about coz on tv during the texas game as him saying "we didn't get stupid overnight." Are you sure about that coz, cause i would say he has. Each week i watch him coach this year the more i wonder how in the hell did he get anywhere in football.

Funny..I took that comment as meaning it took his whole career to get that stupid. :nutz

I believe that any scheme will work if you execute. However the more things you can throw at the oppossing defense and their coaches the more they have to work in practice and film studyconcerning themselves at stopping all of the weapons a offense has.

If you run a spread option offense for example there is alot schemes you as a "D" coordinator have to concern yourself with.

Never a fan of the WCO in college. It was a fad in the 90's and didn't work and most teams abadoned it.

In order to get playmakers the ball in space.

But I think execution is the key, Lombardi and the Bear reportedly would not run a play in a game if it wasn't run in practice like 300 times.

Once you perfect it, I don't think it matters what you run, see TO in the 90's.

I agree that any shceme will work if you execute. I also think that being fundamentally sound is also as big as we have way to many false start and other stupid penalties at crucial times it just kills momentum. Just like calling timeouts because you can't get a play in before the play clock expires.

Where scheme?