Press Conference Attire

Maybe this has already been discussed, but...

I was watching the press conference and I notice that Billy C is again, not wearing any Husker gear. Is this a sign that he has already written himself off as being the coach next year...or is he just rebelling against "the man", since his best buddy was fired? I'm sure the players can sure pick up on that.

I was watching the press conference and I notice that Billy C is again, not wearing any Husker gear. Is this a sign that he has already written himself off as being the coach next year...or is he just rebelling against "the man", since his best buddy was fired? I'm sure the players can sure pick up on that.

I think he did that 3 weeks ago when he didn't wear Husker attire. :) I just wish he'd man up and rsign for all involved. :)

I think he did that 3 weeks ago when he didn't wear Husker attire. :) I just wish he'd man up and rsign for all involved. :)

I'm willing to bet some money that if we win this weekend, he is in that press conference completely covered in red.

he wore a red Nebraska shirt last week so its not the third week in a row, but there is some sort of clause in his contract that obligates him to wear Nebraska gear at these kind of coaching events. Don't even try to say well maybe he didn't have any or forgot it at home because right next to the press room they have a room full of free Adidas apparel any player can take.

he wore a red Nebraska shirt last week so its not the third week in a row, but there is some sort of clause in his contract that obligates him to wear Nebraska gear at these kind of coaching events. Don't even try to say well maybe he didn't have any or forgot it at home because right next to the press room they have a room full of free Adidas apparel any player can take.

are you sure, because I remember listening live and someone in the media asked him about it...

He wore a plain black shirt.

:yeah This definitely is the third week in a row. It's not like at this point we're looking for any hints of whether or not Callahan will be around next year, but it perhaps reveals that he is already attempting to distance himself from the program (as far as his public image is concerned). To me it seems somewhat unprofessional. And say what you want about Osborne not wearing Husker attire at his AD press conference, but it is customary for coaches to sport their team apparel when officially representing the university, just as it is customary for ADs to wear suits at press conferences. Matt Perrault has discussed this a bit in recent weeks. The link is below.

http://podcast.bigsports590.com/ThisWeek/t...12/Default.aspx

Someone asked him about this last week. You should have seen the look on his face. He's either a good actor or he was absolutely shocked that people would think there was something behind it. That week, he actually changed into a red shirt for practice..