Chillin on the LSU Board . . .

Hey kids,

It's you're favorite two year scout team champ with some views from the Bayou. Just for fun joined Tigerdroppings.com (LSU board) and went to the "Tiger Rant" to ask LSU fans about Pelini, his character, and his defenses, since everybody and their grandma is hyping Bo. For me, the jury is still out. I posted a thread on there that you may like to read the responses to. Seemed like folks had some objective insights

on Pelini's leadership, recruiting, and defense. Check it out if you get a chance.

just a touch on the character part...

a criticism i have heard of pelini and a very plausible reason to why he may NOT get the job (and didnt when he was here originally) is that when at the bowl game he told the players they were men and he would treat them like men as long as they would show up when they were supposed to be there.. reports are there were women in the rooms at all times of the night and they were drinking all the time.. then again, we won the game and played quite well..

i'll hope over there and see how it is.. thanks for the link

a criticism i have heard of pelini and a very plausible reason to why he may NOT get the job (and didnt when he was here originally) is that when at the bowl game he told the players they were men and he would treat them like men as long as they would show up when they were supposed to be there.. reports are there were women in the rooms at all times of the night and they were drinking all the time.. then again, we won the game and played quite well..

if that's true then I could not wait to come and play for him...

I'm sorry, here's the link to my post on TigerDroppings in the Tiger Rant

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/message...c.asp?p=5875985

wow.. and i thought that nebraska fans were critical of their team.. from what i see some of those LSU fans have unrealistic expectations.. i honestly believe (along with the majority of the national media and the rest of people here im sure) that they will sorely miss pelini when they lose him.. especially if they are unable to get another great DC in there..

and what did the guy mean by making a bad defense good AND a great defense good.. what great defense did he make good? LSU was always good.. they're in the SEC.. but im pretty sure every year hes been there they've been one of if not the best defense in the country..

I'm sorry, here's the link to my post on TigerDroppings in the Tiger Rant

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/message...c.asp?p=5875985

wow.. and i thought that nebraska fans were critical of their team.. from what i see some of those LSU fans have unrealistic expectations.. i honestly believe (along with the majority of the national media and the rest of people here im sure) that they will sorely miss pelini when they lose him.. especially if they are unable to get another great DC in there..

and what did the guy mean by making a bad defense good AND a great defense good.. what great defense did he make good? LSU was always good.. they're in the SEC.. but im pretty sure every year hes been there they've been one of if not the best defense in the country..

It seemed to me that most people really appreciate what he's done with that D, on the other hand, the complaining that you see has to do with his many zone packages and zone blitz packages. Seems also that his defenses are still troubled by mobile quarterbacks. Anyhow, I felt like going over there for some current opinions was great. The moral of the story, it seems, is that whether your team is 4-5 (NU) or 8-1? (LSU) fans can always find something to b$%ch about.

that is very true.. and as i wasnt old enough to hear everything that went on when we were dominant in the 90's (i'm only a student at the U right now...) but im sure that it was all there.. criticism always happens.. everywhere.. well anywhere that is used to being better than average for any length of time.. if we were to have pelini as HC we could possibly bring in a DC that has a proven track record of being able to stop mobile qbs... and combining the two aspects could work together to bring the blackshirts back..

:bonez

And that's a bad thing? <_<

i sincerely hope that is a joke...

yes it is a bad thing when they are preparing for a bowl game.. isn't the last thing you want when while getting ready to play let's say a BCS bowl game is a bunch of exhausted players from non-football activities the night before?

i sincerely hope that is a joke...

yes it is a bad thing when they are preparing for a bowl game.. isn't the last thing you want when while getting ready to play let's say a BCS bowl game is a bunch of exhausted players from non-football activities the night before?

Pssstttt.......Don't believe everything you read on a message board! :blink:

uh.. which part were you saying dont believe everything you see on a message board to? the "and this is a bad thing" comment (which was pry sarcasm, i was just covering my answer in case it wasnt) or the actual post.. cuz the actual post came from no where near a message board.....

and Muschamp would be nice to go after.. but since its rumored that A&M is looking at Tuberville.. wouldn't auburn like to give Muschamp a chance?