Doesn't Dr. Tom have to break his word and fire Cally?

benphil

7 touchdowns in first half (consecutive touchdowns)...377 total yards in first half. I have never seen a defense in my entire life that is so incredibly bad. I just don't get it.

Thoughts?

Once again TO will not fire anyone until after the season is over with. Until then, we all have to watch in disgust as this team gets their asses handed to them on a weekly basis! :steam

What possible good can come from Cosgrove filling the position for the rest of the season? If TO can't see that maybe he isn't the man for the job. 5 straight losses! Last ranked D in the nation!

And who do you suppose would do a better job this year with the coaching staff that we have? Use your head, firing Coz now will not help this Defense!

Uh, maybe the Women's golf coach, cause I am not sure there is a point on the scale lower than the one we are at now.

7 touchdowns in first half (consecutive touchdowns)...377 total yards in first half. I have never seen a defense in my entire life that is so incredibly bad. I just don't get it.

Thoughts?

Once again TO will not fire anyone until after the season is over with. Until then, we all have to watch in disgust as this team gets their asses handed to them on a weekly basis! :steam

What possible good can come from Cosgrove filling the position for the rest of the season? If TO can't see that maybe he isn't the man for the job. 5 straight losses! Last ranked D in the nation!

And who do you suppose would do a better job this year with the coaching staff that we have? Use your head, firing Coz now will not help this Defense!

It's not about wins, losses or making the D better at this point. It's about sending a message or at least making the point that this is completely unacceptable and won't be tolerated any further. BC has had more than enough time to replace Coz and try to save his job, but he hasn't done it and now they both have to go NOW! Do you honestly think that we want to fire him now because were worried about salvaging the season? We need to fire them now just to start the healing process.

Thoughts?

It's not about wins, losses or making the D better at this point. It's about sending a message or at least making the point that this is completely unacceptable and won't be tolerated any further. BC has had more than enough time to replace Coz and try to save his job, but he hasn't done it and now they both have to go NOW! Do you honestly think that we want to fire him now because were worried about salvaging the season? We need to fire them now just to start the healing process.

We need to fire them now just to start the healing process.

Um...first you need to hide all sharp objects in your house and phone a friend. It's a game. Yes I love Husker Football but I won't self destruct when this horrific season is done and over with. In other words...the sun will actually shine tomorrow! ;)

Thoughts?

We need to fire them now just to start the healing process.

Um...first you need to hide all sharp objects in your house and phone a friend. It's a game. Yes I love Husker Football but I won't self destruct when this horrific season is done and over with. In other words...the sun will actually shine tomorrow! ;)

Unless you live in Alaska :corndance

T.O. needs to make an announcement tomorrow (at the latest). He can say that he had every intention of waiting until the end of the season, but it is obvious that for the good of the program a change be made now.

Watson can be interim head coach for the last two games. We need to get someone hired ASAP and try to salvage some recruits.

T.O. needs to make an announcement tomorrow (at the latest). He can say that he had every intention of waiting until the end of the season, but it is obvious that for the good of the program a change be made now.

Watson can be interim head coach for the last two games. We need to get someone hired ASAP and try to salvage some recruits.

I agree. This has got to stop.

I was hoping to see the scene from the movie Varsity Blues, where the players returned to the field after halftime without coaches.

now that would have been a sight....i truly expect to see anything in the last 2 games and i mean anything.

nothing would or could surprise me or piss me off more at this point. i just want the season to be over, now.

I know maybe this is too harsh....but by putting Husker fans thru this unbelievably sh##ty product and its' results game after game......

doesn't Dr. Tom look bad?

Isn't it better to cut your losses (bad pun) and move on?

from our point of view as fans, of course, yes. Dr. Tom is looking at it from another perspective. Got to leave this to him now, even though we want changes right now. just relax and take the kids to the park or bowling next Saturday, seriously.

I know maybe this is too harsh....but by putting Husker fans thru this unbelievably sh##ty product and its' results game after game......

doesn't Dr. Tom look bad?

Isn't it better to cut your losses (bad pun) and move on?

No, this is absolutely not Dr. Tom's fault. He's an amazing person for even offering to help out in this flaming train-wreck of a season and he only did it because he cares so much, just as we all do. But...

I do wonder if we'll maybe see a resignation or firing at this point. I appreciate that TO wanted to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt, but this has basically gone worse than anyone could have imagined at this point. Perlman might even feel the need to turn up the heat at this point...

What is this doing to our recruiting efforts for next year? It's gotta be grim. But even if we fire Callahan I don't think it helps anything but our pride really. We still won't have a replacement ready to go for awhile...