Husker Roadkill

If Tom Osborne does not fire Callahan and ALL of the losers on the coaching staff tomorow, then i'll lose all faith in his judgement and credibility. This disgusting abomination of a "game" in Kansas is the last straw. I think Callahan is purposely embarrasing the program because he knows he's history. He needs to be GONE now, otherwise nobody in their right mind would ever want to play at Nebraska ever. They'll probably lose most of their recruits the way it is. Calllahan needs to be fired, pay him whetever he wants, and start from square 1. I don't care if the university has to pay a new coach 10 million bucks a year, it would be worth every dime to get rid of the bum... :rant

If Tom Osborne does not fire Callahan and ALL of the losers on the coaching staff tomorow, then i'll lose all faith in his judgement and credibility. This disgusting abomination of a "game" in Kansas is the last straw. I think Callahan is purposely embarrasing the program because he knows he's history. He needs to be GONE now, otherwise nobody in their right mind would ever want to play at Nebraska ever. They'll probably lose most of their recruits the way it is. Calllahan needs to be fired, pay him whetever he wants, and start from square 1. I don't care if the university has to pay a new coach 10 million bucks a year, it would be worth every dime to get rid of the bum... :rant

Complain all you want about the coaches, but they weren't on the field. There were actually some football players involved.

Complain all you want about the coaches, but they weren't on the field. There were actually some football players involved.

true, but you can't blame all this on the kids. no way am i buying that crap.

I agree BC is absolutely the worst coach for NU at a time we need a solid leader. But I disagree that he is doing this on purpose. How could that possibly help him get his next job????

Bad coach - absolutely, no doubt. But not on purpose.

Yes, but it's still the coaches job to put those players in position, to judge who has the heart and determination and who doesn't. They can't motivate. And the players who give up (as I watched Tierre Green and McKeone give up on plays as they were happening) need to get yanked off the field by the facemask and put in Time Out like a 4 year old. Players make the plays, but coaches are the ones who put the players on the field. However, at this point, they are all to blame as they all have given up on this season.

You can't blame the players for rotten coaching.

Callahan is doing with Nebraska the same thing he did with the Oakland Raiders, taking a good team and within a few years turning them into losers. After what he did in Oakland I don't know why people thought he was such a great coach. Maybe now people will realize how bad he is as a head coach. :bonez

If he fires them all tomorrow without a replacement lined up then he won't be any better than Pud and I'm pretty sure he's a LOT better than that loser!! This season is shot anyway, let things play out.

Good Coaching=Good Players

Bad Coaching=Bad Players

If only football were so simple. We wouldn't have to worry about recruiting at all. We'll just get the best coach in the universe in here and the rest will take care of itself. :sarcasm

Reality is that we have terrible coaching, and that our players have given up. I think some of us don't want to place any blame on the players because they're just kids or because it's not their fault the coaches suck. Reality is that our players are not playing up to their talent level. Most of the kids on our team are such high level athletes that they have never lost 8 games in their lives, let alone in one season. They don't know how to handle this.

You can't just put the blame on the coaches (as much as we love to do it here). At some point, we have to start treating these players like the adults that they are and recognize that they are not getting the job done.

Good Coaching=Good Players

Bad Coaching=Bad Players

If only football were so simple. We wouldn't have to worry about recruiting at all. We'll just get the best coach in the universe in here and the rest will take care of itself. :sarcasm

Reality is that we have terrible coaching, and that our players have given up. I think some of us don't want to place any blame on the players because they're just kids or because it's not their fault the coaches suck. Reality is that our players are not playing up to their talent level. Most of the kids on our team are such high level athletes that they have never lost 8 games in their lives, let alone in one season. They don't know how to handle this.

You can't just put the blame on the coaches (as much as we love to do it here). At some point, we have to start treating these players like the adults that they are and recognize that they are not getting the job done.

I'm equally disgusted with the coaches and the players. With some of the things they've said circulating around to the way they play the game, it's disgusting. Attitude reflects leadership, and we have the dumbest coach in America sallying forth onto the field with these jerkoffs at his heels. I cannot wait for the mournful press conference where Callahan tearfully submits his resignation. I'm going to have a Grinch smile for that one.

X

We've heard ALL of this ranting every time we lose. There's only 3 weeks until the CU game is over THEN we will have our decision. Like I said in another post, we don't need a rash decision-we had that when Solich was fired. We need a firm decision with a coaching staff waiting in the wings to be hired. I'm sure all of those decisions are being made as we speak.

The best thing we can do right now is wait with some class. Otherwise we're going to be perceived (already are by many other teams in the nation) as a bunch of whiney spoiled cry babies.

TLS2

We've heard ALL of this ranting every time we lose. There's only 3 weeks until the CU game is over THEN we will have our decision. Like I said in another post, we don't need a rash decision-we had that when Solich was fired. We need a firm decision with a coaching staff waiting in the wings to be hired. I'm sure all of those decisions are being made as we speak.

The best thing we can do right now is wait with some class. Otherwise we're going to be perceived (already are by many other teams in the nation) as a bunch of whiney spoiled cry babies.

TLS2

ITA. The season is already over. We know BC and Co are on the way out. We have to wait until TO takes care of business with respect!

TLS2

ITA. The season is already over. We know BC and Co are on the way out. We have to wait until TO takes care of business with respect!

TO will come through